Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6148|'straya
Sad. It shows that pretty much anyone could snap.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6774|Moscow, Russia

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

They should all be tried for treason.

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Can this fucker get tried for treason?
ffs, why the "zomg, teason!", dude? who the fuck cares how it's classified in the end when 12 are dead and 30+ injured?
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Wow a fucking Major. Muslim too. This ain't gonna go down well
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

burnzz wrote:

lowing wrote:

and please, do not compare me to Ramm.
Good One, Chief.
Well then maybe you willl show me where I have said such things. I seriously doubt it.

What I will be wating for are the barrage of these excuses,

1. Its just a "few"

2. No difference between Islam and Christianity

3. well the bible is violent as well.

4. You claim all Muslims are evil ( oh wait, that one already happened)

and one of my favorites

5. Islam is younger than Christianity, it needs time to mature.

6. Fox News, they are biased

if and when it comes out that this guy acted on behalf of some radical Islamic group
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6410|'Murka

Not a huge deal that he's a Major. He's Medical Corps. That's completely different than your "line" military. Doctors, lawyers, and such typically come in as Captains and have little/no military training and are considered non-combatants under the Geneva Convention.

RIP to those lost. Prayers to their families and to those dealing with injuries.

Let's sort through the mess and figure out what happened.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

FEOS wrote:

Not a huge deal that he's a Major. He's Medical Corps. That's completely different than your "line" military. Doctors, lawyers, and such typically come in as Captains and have little/no military training and are considered non-combatants under the Geneva Convention.

RIP to those lost. Prayers to their families and to those dealing with injuries.

Let's sort through the mess and figure out what happened.
...........then deal with it instead of denying it?
Burwhale
Save the BlobFish!
+136|6222|Brisneyland
RIP to those that died. I am also a bit sorry this thread turned into a lowing rant. Still the guy has a right to defend himself .
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6714|US

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

People rarely "snap."  I'm betting they will find small clues scattered around that no one put together beforehand.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

RAIMIUS wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

People rarely "snap."  I'm betting they will find small clues scattered around that no one put together beforehand.
He was apparently on the FBI watch list for the past six months due to comments he had made on muslim web sites.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6567|Mountains of NC

https://www.foxnews.com/images/583716/30_63_110509_suspectedshooter.jpg

" There are many unknowns about Nidal Malik Hasan, the man authorities say is responsible for the worst mass killing on a U.S. military base. Most of all, his motive.

For six years before reporting for duty at Fort Hood, Texas, in July, the 39-year-old Army major worked at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center pursuing his career in psychiatry, as an intern, a resident and, last year, a fellow in disaster and preventive psychiatry. He received his medical degree from the military's Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Md., in 2001.

While an intern at Walter Reed, Hasan had some "difficulties" that required counseling and extra supervision, said Dr. Thomas Grieger, who was the training director at the time.

Grieger said privacy laws prevented him from going into details but noted that the problems had to do with Hasan's interactions with patients. He recalled Hasan as a "mostly very quiet" person who never spoke ill of the military or his country.

"He swore an oath of loyalty to the military," Grieger said. "I didn't hear anything contrary to those oaths."

But, more recently, federal agents grew suspicious.

At least six months ago, Hasan came to the attention of law enforcement officials because of Internet postings about suicide bombings and other threats, including posts that equated suicide bombers to soldiers who throw themselves on a grenade to save the lives of their comrades.

They had not determined for certain whether Hasan is the author of the posting, and a formal investigation had not been opened before the shooting, said law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to discuss the case

In an interview with The Washington Post, Hasan's aunt, Noel Hasan of Falls Church, Va., said he had been harassed about being a Muslim in the years after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks and he wanted out of the Army.

"Some people can take it and some people cannot," she said. "He had listened to all of that and he wanted out of the military."

She said he had sought a discharge from the military for several years, and even offered to repay the cost of his medical training.

A military official told The Associated Press that Hasan was in the preparation stage of deployment, which can take months. The official said Hasan had indicated he didn't want to go to Iraq but was willing to serve in Afghanistan. The official did not have authorization to discuss the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity.

A second military official said Hasan's family has Palestinian roots. There have been reports that he was harassed for his Muslim religion, but the official says there is no indication Hasan filed a complaint within the military about that.

Terrorism task force agents plan to interview several of Hasan's relatives Friday, according to a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity because the person was not authorized to discuss the case.

Noel Hasan said her nephew "did not make many friends" and would say "they military was his life."

A cousin, Nader Hasan, told The New York Times that after counseling soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan with post-traumatic stress disorder, Hasan knew war firsthand.

"He was mortified by the idea of having to deploy," Nader Hasan said. "He had people telling him on a daily basis the horrors they saw over there."

Federal law-enforcement agents ordered an evacuation of the apartment complex where Hasan lived in Killeen, Texas, Thursday night and conducted a search of his home, said Hilary Shine, director of public information for the city. She didn't say what was found during the search.

Officials said earlier that federal search warrants were being drawn up to authorize the seizure of his computer.

Retired Army Col. Terry Lee, who said he worked with Hasan, told Fox News that Hasan had hoped President Barack Obama would pull troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq. Lee said Hasan got into frequent arguments with others in the military who supported the wars, and had tried hard to prevent his pending deployment.

Hasan attended prayers regularly when he lived outside Washington, often in his Army uniform, said Faizul Khan, a former imam at a mosque Hasan attended in Silver Spring, Md. He said Hasan was a lifelong Muslim.

"I got the impression that he was a committed soldier," Khan said. He spoke often with Hasan about Hasan's desire for a wife.

On a form filled out by those seeking spouses through a program at the mosque, Hasan listed his birthplace as Arlington, Va., but his nationality as Palestinian, Khan said.

"I don't know why he listed Palestinian," Khan said, "He was not born in Palestine."

Nothing stood out about Hasan as radical or extremist, Khan said.

"We hardly ever got to discussing politics," Khan said. "Mostly we were discussing religious matters, nothing too controversial, nothing like an extremist."

Hasan earned his rank of major in April 2008, according to a July 2008 Army Times article.

He served eight years as an enlisted soldier. He also served in the ROTC as an undergraduate at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg. He received a bachelor's degree in biochemistry there in 1997.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6678|Broadlands, VA
"He served eight years as an enlisted soldier. He also served in the ROTC as an undergraduate at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg."  Sere - where did you get that?  I read teh Wash Post this AM and it said he was NOT in the ROTC program at Tech.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA
"DON'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS"  says Obama,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091106/ap_ … _fort_hood

apparently unless you're a white cop who arrests one of his black friends, then, by all means, start jumping to conclusions. gotta love this guy
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5399

lowing wrote:

"DON'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS"  says Obama,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091106/ap_ … _fort_hood

apparently unless you're a white cop who arrests one of his black friends, then, by all means, start jumping to conclusions. gotta love this guy
yup.  people only care when you talk aboot muslims.  its hip to be pc at that time.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554
My conclusion was that a muslim guy in the US army saw how the US were treating people in the middle east and ironically (psychiatrist?) went absolutely psychotic and went on a bloody rampage of cowardly murder because he couldn't deal with the reality he somehow weirdly found himself in. Whatever prompted him to join the fucking army knowing full well what the US one gets used for is beyond me. He must have been a retard as well as a psycho.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5399

CameronPoe wrote:

My conclusion was that a muslim guy in the US army saw how the US were treating people in the middle east
ya...too bad he didnt really care about how people in the ME treat women but oh well....
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Red Forman wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

My conclusion was that a muslim guy in the US army saw how the US were treating people in the middle east
ya...too bad he didnt really care about how people in the ME treat women but oh well....
Or understand that the people he can see, feel and touch in person should be more important to an individual than people in a far away land. His fellow soldiers were his brothers and sisters in arms and would've literally taken a bullet for him but he threw it away to impress retards in a distant country.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554

Red Forman wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Relevance to anything? You getting up on your feminist horse again marine?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

CameronPoe wrote:

My conclusion was that a muslim guy in the US army saw how the US were treating people in the middle east and ironically (psychiatrist?) went absolutely psychotic and went on a bloody rampage of cowardly murder because he couldn't deal with the reality he somehow weirdly found himself in. Whatever prompted him to join the fucking army knowing full well what the US one gets used for is beyond me. He must have been a retard as well as a psycho.
Or he knew exactly what he was doing, and when why and how it was to be done.

Or is that possiblity just out of the realms of reality when dealing with some followers of Islam?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554

JohnG@lt wrote:

Or understand that the people he can see, feel and touch in person should be more important to an individual than people in a far away land. His fellow soldiers were his brothers and sisters in arms and would've literally taken a bullet for him but he threw it away to impress retards in a distant country.
And don't see why he didn't just quit the army. It would have been far simpler.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5399

CameronPoe wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

its a fair point.  cover up or get killed.  nice treatment.  you need to get of your horse since what you posted was speculation.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554

lowing wrote:

Or he knew exactly what he was doing, and when why and how it was to be done.
Possibly, time will tell. There is evidence to suggest this was planned given internet posts but he must at some point along the way have 'turned' and become deranged (months or years in advance perhaps).

lowing wrote:

Or is that possiblity just out of the realms of reality when dealing with some followers of Islam?
No.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554

Red Forman wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

its a fair point.  cover up or get killed.  nice treatment.  you need to get of your horse since what you posted was speculation.
I posted my conclusion, which in itself could only possibly be a speculative assumption. I ain't working the Hasan case funnily enough...
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5399

CameronPoe wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

I posted my conclusion, which in itself could only possibly be a speculative assumption. I ain't working the Hasan case funnily enough...
sure thing
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

CameronPoe wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Because he was obviously not thinking rationally. A rational person would've just resigned their commission or gone AWOL. Instead, he went the route of the suicide bomber in the name of his religion. It really doesn't make any sense but mass murders rarely do.
-Frederick Bastiat
CameronPoe
+2,925|6554

JohnG@lt wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Because he was obviously not thinking rationally. A rational person would've just resigned their commission or gone AWOL. Instead, he went the route of the suicide bomber in the name of his religion. It really doesn't make any sense but mass murders rarely do.
I don't think it was particularly 'in the name of his religion', although he probably drew certain inspiration from elements of it. The fact of the matter is that his parents are Palestinian and the reason he turned out to be an American is probably because of Israel, which just so happens to gets a double standard sideways glance from the US in any and all of its actions and is practically paid for by the US taxpayer. If I was him I'd be pissed at my country. He should've moved to Palestine and had the balls to fight properly rather than resort to cold blooded murder.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-11-06 13:33:08)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard