Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6810

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

I'm so glad I'm not alone.. So many times I've had my G36C or any weapon for that matter.. shot a guy 3 or 4 times.. he turns around and rolls to the ground and boom I'm dead. I get so pissed off becuase a lot of the time it's the L85A1 and it IS NOT that powerful... I know it's not. unless they get lucky HSs... but it's been happeneing too much to be luck.
Now that I can agree with!!  How many times has this happened this week?  For me its been about 4 or 5 times, I creep up very close and let em have it, but thats not before they turn around with (say the L85A1) and blow my head off.  However I dont think they cheat, most of the time its just luck.  Its happened to me a lot, but then when I turn around i always seem to kill them.  Maybe its just not good being prone
thinner44
+1|6834

LordNader wrote:

Here's a crazy idea: there should be a clan independent of EA and PB dedicated to hunting down hackers/cheaters. It'd be easy: players submit usernames of suspected hackers and their MO, this clan investigates alleged hackers by joining the servers they're playing and observing/recording their activities (using FRAPS and screenshots). If any proof is found, then the clan can submit this info to EA/PB and get the hackers banned. If no proof is found, then the alleged hacker(s) are off the hook but can be on some sort of private (not public or else it'll turn into McCarthyism) "watch" list (meaning if another allegation is brought up, then it would be two strikes against the alleged hacker). The only problem is that there will probably be more false positives than hits, which would suck and be a waste of time...what do you think? Yeah, a crazy idea...
wow, that's impressive... you mean like a 'police clan' in a different uniform, policing the wars. I like it... problem is, these cheaters/hackers would probably just shoot you, using their cheats of course but the idea, sound as a pound

"Freeze ass****", you're under arrest for using a multihack.... would you take him away or just shoot him
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6806

i really hope that there isn't an aimbot out there cause it would ruin the game
Brutal_Medic
+-1|6795
Well if my intentions are right there should allready be a cheat, some cind of aimbot, or maphack (I mean like the scan that the commander allready have) . In all the games there exist cheats, any cind and in any colour . I know it's depressing to face it, but it's the truth..
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6807|The Hague, Holland

Brutal_Medic wrote:

Well if my intentions are right there should allready be a cheat, some cind of aimbot, or maphack (I mean like the scan that the commander allready have) . In all the games there exist cheats, any cind and in any colour . I know it's depressing to face it, but it's the truth..
No worries. That makes me even more thrilled when I kill the sorry punk who is using hacks and humilate him with my knife .
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6820|Eastern PA

superfly_cox wrote:

i really hope that there isn't an aimbot out there cause it would ruin the game
Too late - there are already aimbots, wallhacks, and skin hacks available that use "morphing" code so that PB is always falling behind with detection . . .

The hacker / losers ruined online multiplayer for Quake, Counterstrike, and a dozen other decent games; and they're going to do the same to BF2 unless and until companies like EA aggressively start closing the accounts of people caught using hacks, and persuing sources for the hacks wherever possible.
Bloody Sky
+2|6869|Texas
Well I guess you can always play on those servers that "Sream". But I don't know about it yet because it feels like it kind of violates some of my privacy use.
They scan your computer and make sure you have no hack (which I don't. But Still.... Scan my computer!?), then they take screen shots of your screen every 5 - 10 seconds (while playing in the server) and sends them back to the admin.
While it seems to be a good idea so you will basicially know no one in that room is cheating (unless it's an admin who wants to seem God-like).
But I don't know 100% about these "Streaming" servers. Seems to be a bit too much work to just play a server. Eh, I'll just stick to my EA US Official Servers because there are no over powerfull admins that get in your way. And if I think someone is cheating, and ruining my gameplay, then I'll just leave. That simple.

If you want to learn more about these "Streaming Servers", then go to punkbusted.com and search around a bit. I don't know everything about them because the subject seemed a tad bit too confusing for me. And some of my above info on them MIGHT be incorrect.
Chard
+1|6856|Christchurch, New Zealand
i was playing this morning and i was running down a closed ally in karkan and then i died by a tank i had a look on the mini map and the tank was on the other side of  the building and there was no way he could have got me.

also with people that play in the states and Europe you guys are lucky cause if so guy is cheating you can move to another server but in New Zealand theres only about 20 severs to play on and a lot of the time a lot of them are empty
GB619
+0|6866
Unfortunately the anti cheat software will never win,the best thing to do when u find someone cheating,is tell the entire team and then ppl start leaving server,then report server because and i hate to say it but most cheating servers the admins are in on it,and most of the clan servers are cheating,i have been shot round corners through walls,pumped ppl full of lead from upgraded support weapon and they turn shoot me once and im dead,so battlefield 2 has no interest to me anymore,when i play i just sniper all the time,and here is just one cheating web site that EA no about but can't do anything about and these guys are selling cd keys www.bf2hacks.com the last word on this is i cant think what satifaction ppl get from cheating,i guess they cheat in life so they must have a sad little life...lmfao
$toneyhigh
+0|6852
i have unlocked the L85A1 and found out that if u put it on single shot that its reall acurate then its easy to shoot some1 in 1 time on auto the L85A1 sucks u see bullits go everywhere exept near the cross
thinner44
+1|6834

GB619 wrote:

Unfortunately the anti cheat software will never win,the best thing to do when u find someone cheating,is tell the entire team and then ppl start leaving server,then report server because and i hate to say it but most cheating servers the admins are in on it,and most of the clan servers are cheating,i have been shot round corners through walls,pumped ppl full of lead from upgraded support weapon and they turn shoot me once and im dead,so battlefield 2 has no interest to me anymore,when i play i just sniper all the time,and here is just one cheating web site that EA no about but can't do anything about and these guys are selling cd keys www.bf2hacks.com the last word on this is i cant think what satifaction ppl get from cheating,i guess they cheat in life so they must have a sad little life...lmfao
That's the site where I was getting most of my info from. They're all pretty sad individuals, but the problem is, too many people want these cheats, so there's a market for them.

I was on a server the other day, a guy was using an obvious cheat, he was shot CQC 24 times with 2xdao and he lived, he shot us once and we died, when I respwaned, I said 'nice hack', ten seconds later, he was gone, never to be seen again
Bloody Sky
+2|6869|Texas

thinner44 wrote:

I fought a similar experience... one guy was killing us without a scratch to himself, we thought he was 'just too good'. No matter where we were, he'd find us and kill us, he had 'zero deaths'. Two of us found him, unloaded 24 DAO into him and he kills us both with one shot. At spawn, I type, 'nice hack' ... He left 10 seconds after that, never to be seen again
--------------------------------

thinner44 wrote:

That's the site where I was getting most of my info from. They're all pretty sad individuals, but the problem is, too many people want these cheats, so there's a market for them.

I was on a server the other day, a guy was using an obvious cheat, he was shot CQC 24 times with 2xdao and he lived, he shot us once and we died, when I respwaned, I said 'nice hack', ten seconds later, he was gone, never to be seen again
LoL! You like telling that story don't you?
thinner44
+1|6834
Bloody Sky , yeah I suppose I do but all in all ... there was this guy . . .

Oi !! I just re read that .... it's not a story, it's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me bob.
Been on several servers tonight, dunno if it's lag or other such nasties, but the death count was horrendous... and there was this OTHER guy   .... everyone was having a go at him, but he just kept right on killin'.

Last edited by thinner44 (2005-10-16 12:49:02)

nating75
+0|6801
Same deal, I've been noticing many more headshot kills, especially in the last week. Half the time I don't know where the shot came from and most of the time its not a sniper rifle. That's just me. I'm pretty good at single shot firing with many of the assault rifles. But I don't think I have ever taken out an enemy from a distance with one shot with any frequency. Usually it takes 3 or 4 shots with my L8 or G36C to take someone out.
ToiletTrooper
+25|6800|WC
?????????

https://www.bf2s.com/player/44171027/sig5.png
https://www.bf2s.com/player/44171027/awards.jpg
=s[O]a=|Bruce
+0|6790
Headshots are so overrated
thinner44
+1|6834

=s[O]a=|Bruce wrote:

... confused now. How can you 'overrate'  a head shot? It takes a little skill, more so if the target is moving.
1 shot 1 kill means being economical with the ammo.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6806

thinner44 wrote:

=s[O]a=|Bruce wrote:

... confused now. How can you 'overrate'  a head shot? It takes a little skill, more so if the target is moving.
haha, economical with the ammo!!  this reminds me of Chris Rock in a comedy special.  His solution for urban violence is to make bullets cost $5000 a piece.  You'll think twice about shooting someone if it costs that much!
HG_TheTank
+2|6790
ack... I pasted instead of copying.
ok another try

@topic:
YES and it is annoying. Now I have not been playing long but the differances are unbelievable.
People jumping around and getting 1s1ks.
Even if you have the advantage and shoot them from behind... *bam* dead.

@PB:
Problem with pb is it will only detect known cheats. The pb peeps have to enter new cheats for them to be detected.

And yes there are cheats still undetected by pb.
Just google and you will find them.

I would never use a cheat. Rather loose then drop to such levels.
And I do not think it is only the n00bs who use it.

Last edited by HG_TheTank (2005-10-19 07:28:52)

thinner44
+1|6834

superfly_cox wrote:

thinner44 wrote:

=s[O]a=|Bruce wrote:

haha, economical with the ammo!!  this reminds me of Chris Rock in a comedy special.  His solution for urban violence is to make bullets cost $5000 a piece.  You'll think twice about shooting someone if it costs that much!
Thank god it's not for real ... I might owe somewhere in the region of several billion quid by now
HG_TheTank
+2|6790
[rant]
Just now playing a round of ...something peninsula.
I was in the bushes and an enemy soldier passed right by me. I switch on IS and he starts to walk away from me.
I fire in short bursts, get about 3 hits in... he snaps around *bam* headshot.

Oh the fun :\
[/rant]
Killer Kane
+0|6788
I think that you have to do as GB619 said and take their environment away from them or make it an unfun experience.  Reading all this thread and thinking about it, the best way I can see to do it would be to not list the players that you think may have cheated but the servers that this occurred on.  This would allow those that like a fair and fun game to avoid those servers.  Now this may not seem fair but it would put the onus on the server admins to start banning cheaters.  If it gets bad enough that servers that do facilitate cheating do not have players then they cancel servers and economically this starts to hit EA.  Money is the one thing that EA listens to.  So I think the only logical step is to post servers where this behavior is rampant. Just a thought on a proactive way to deal with this that may get some results. 

And yes I have noticed all that is talked about but it seems that it is extreme on certain servers and not so much prevalent on others, making me think that GB619 is right on with his post.

The other option is to start playing on the unranked servers and make friends with some of your fellow BF2 gamers for some team versus team action.  If you can't trust friends whom can you trust?
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6806

I would like to see an anti-hack website that monitors the latest hacks, problem servers, clans etc...a place where you can file complaints and which would investigate and report further to users and also to companies.

This exist yet?
PvtStash
+4|6787|Australia
I am only very new to BF2 but I have noticed some awfully obvious unusual aiming. You manage to creep up behind someone and they can turn and hit you in the head without fail every time? I dont think so, I think as usual we have people who cant play a game fairly on thier own and need all thier little cheats and hacks to make them feel big when in reality they probably couldnt play for love or money. One day it would be nice to actually detect these time wasting cretins and have them banned permanently as it really ruins the game for those who are trying to play properly and fairly. I dont mind being killed for doing something dumb or because the opponent is more skilled, thats just how it goes but I really get pissed off loosing because some useless cheat is playing. Also I have noticed several people doing what seemed impossible and checked their stats and it seems all that I have checked have the same odd thing with their ranking. They have a massive amount of global points yet only rank as corporal, it this possible? Anyhow sorry for the rant but I was annoyed and I look forward to maybe playing a few rounds with some good legit people, the kind I have seen posting stuff here. Good luck in battle to all.

PvtStash
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6601|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
one week?  that's enough for you?  VAC2, (Valve Anti-Cheat 2 - Valve's answer to Punkbuster) for games like Counter-Strike Source and Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, permanently ban a user account (tied to their cd key) for any detected hacks while playing on servers running VAC2.  you can't play on another VAC2 enabled server ever again.  not one week, one month, one year later.  in fact caught hackers won't ever get to play on the majority of the available servers until they buy another copy of the game.

PB, on the other hand, only bans for two minutes for detected hacks.  now THAT'S crap.
WORDS!!!! I would love to see VAC2 protection on bf2...it would be sweet as many many people (Mostly noob) would get their CD key banned forever...also if it would work that way for bf2...the people there would make way more money...Exemple : A cheater gey caught hacking...banned CD-Key...He have to go buy another copy of the game...wich result in him losing money+stats and EA getting more money...And everybody know how EA are money whore

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard