Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

I also get insurance for a minimal amount which includes battery replacement. It's almost a shame that I've never had to use it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

burnzz wrote:

d'ya want mine? i went to a storm . . .
Hopefully mine is soon to be available too! .. actually we donate our old phones to a charity for single mothers.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Thanks, I appreciate that

But I will probably wind up getting a brand new one of my own anyway. However, if that doesn't happen, I'll send a PM
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Mine has a 2 gig microsd card in it.. which seems laughable by today's standards .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Kmarion wrote:

burnzz wrote:

d'ya want mine? i went to a storm . . .
Hopefully mine is soon to be available too! .. actually we donate our old phones to a charity for single mothers.
i almost gave mine to the Utah National Guard. i knew it had value, i <3 the guard, but i thot it would be a killer contingency plan.
that phone raepd face, best i eva had.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

2 gigs!
Mine holds like 10 MB or something
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

Kmarion wrote:

I still get over 6 hours of talk time without charge with this: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 1#p2231111
What do you do if you don't talk with it?  Enjoy the vibration?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

some_random_panda wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

I still get over 6 hours of talk time without charge with this: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 1#p2231111
Well, as you know.. there is a difference between talk time and on time. Talk time drains the battery faster than standby mode.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

mtb0minime wrote:

2 gigs!
Mine holds like 10 MB or something
Since the video is quality is not great (Phone came out over 2 years ago) .. when I'm recording to the card the time left just says 999:99 minutes .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

Kmarion wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Well, as you know.. there is a difference between talk time and on time. Talk time drains the battery faster than standby mode.
Okay, we seem to have missed it.  I was referring to your shaver.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

some_random_panda wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

o' .. well they both vibrate.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

Kmarion wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

o' .. well they both vibrate.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

well it seems as if motorola is all over the board with quality control.  personally, i'm not willing to mess with them again.  i've been very happy with the LG phones i've had so far.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

haffeysucks wrote:

well it seems as if motorola is all over the board with quality control.  personally, i'm not willing to mess with them again.  i've been very happy with the LG phones i've had so far.
Personal experience is completely understandable when considering future purchases .. which is also why I have no prob with using their product again.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Benzin
+576|5969
Dude, you will love the Android OS.

I have an HTC Magic and it's the absolute shit. I cannot imagine using anything else except maybe a Blackberry (though I would still prefer Android). The Android Market is pretty much wide open and you can find any app for anything. There also isn't the messed up censorship that Apple puts on their App Store. The Android Market has SOME censorship, but for the most part, it's heaven.

Gmail is NOT laggy whatsoever. If you maybe have LOTS of apps running in the background on your phone, sure I can see it might be a bit laggy. You have to use the Gmail app, though, not the browser.

As far as battery life goes - it's a smartphone. You aren't going to have unlimited battery life like on a smaller phone, Motorola or not. I use my Magic quite often and I get between 24-36 hours of straight ON time with it (that's also including 8-10 hours of non-use where it just sits on my nightstand while I sleep. It charges up really quick, too, so I can't imagine the Droid wouldn't.

EDIT: BTW, make sure when you're not using the 3G connection, you turn the 3G radio off. It's an option on my Magic and it's within the Android OS settings, so it must be on the Droid, too. Also make sure you're not always walking around with the GPS, Bluetooth or Wifi turned on - again, all battery drainers.

But again, the thing that sells this phone is the OS. I cannot sing enough praise about Android OS and you'll be getting Android 2.0 with it, and that's not exactly a bad thing. Waiting on the 2.0 update for my Magic, but I just got 1.6 last week (which is about 3 weeks after everyone in the US got it). HTC said that they will make sure the Magic gets 2.0, so I ain't worried. Just a matter of time.

If you do get it, let me know and I'll send you a few links for you to check out and help you get acquainted with your new phone.

Last edited by CapnNismo (2009-11-05 23:13:19)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

CapnNismo wrote:

Dude, you will love the Android OS.

I have an HTC Magic and it's the absolute shit. I cannot imagine using anything else except maybe a Blackberry (though I would still prefer Android). The Android Market is pretty much wide open and you can find any app for anything. There also isn't the messed up censorship that Apple puts on their App Store. The Android Market has SOME censorship, but for the most part, it's heaven.

Gmail is NOT laggy whatsoever. If you maybe have LOTS of apps running in the background on your phone, sure I can see it might be a bit laggy. You have to use the Gmail app, though, not the browser.
I'm talking about the actual notification. Which is why I said it should be something google can fix. Remember this is/was pre-release.

This guy is like super blackberry fanboi.. he loves everything about Droid except for the late gmail notifications.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Benzin
+576|5969
So what? I doubt anyone can't stand to wait a few minutes for an email notification. Now if you WANT to have the email right then and there, pop open the Gmail app and click refresh. No big deal. That's the kind of shit a fanboi tries to trash a competing product on when such a feature doesn't even make a difference. Sure, I suppose it's nice that your Blackberry is constantly checking your inbox for new emails, but is it really necessary? Chances are there is an app out there to change that behavior, anyway...
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
I had a razor, it blew chunks. battery sucked, phone was slow as shit.

Then i started buying SE's and my life was complete.

Now i have a Samsung Jet, it's pretty awesome, but i'm not used to full touch screens yet
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
looks great but if it doesn't have uk/eu coverage by this xmas/fall, they'll be losing a customer (i.e. me) to the iphone 3gs...

fast moving industry, i hope another great phone doesn't fail because of a delayed 3g-network launch in the UK. getting tired of seeing all these awesome new smartphones and google devices that have no market penetration in the UK at ALL, simply because they don't get launched until the news of the device and the technology-specs are 4-5 months old before they even hit the shelves. they're especially going to have trouble now that apple have clinched a deal to distribute their iphones on the UK's biggest 3G network (Orange)...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

I sincerely doubt Google will let the UK market slip by. Microsoft made a big mistake by delaying Zune HD across the pond.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

The Droid Android is very, very small in Aus compared to the iPhone.  The iPhone is literally everywhere now, and apple's got stores everywhere too.  It also lacks the same public perception that Apple's cultivated with iPods.

Privately the iPhone's lack of Flash pisses me off.  Flash should be mandatory with any browser.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2009-11-06 01:54:02)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

some_random_panda wrote:

The Droid is very, very small in Aus compared to the iPhone.  The iPhone is literally everywhere now, and apple's got stores everywhere too.  It also lacks the same public perception that Apple's cultivated with iPods.

Privately the iPhone's lack of Flash pisses me off.  Flash should be mandatory with any browser.
Are you thinking Android?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6361

Kmarion wrote:

some_random_panda wrote:

The Android OS is very, very small in Aus compared to the iPhone.  The iPhone is literally everywhere now, and apple's got stores everywhere too.  It also lacks the same public perception that Apple's cultivated with iPods.

Are you thinking Android?
Thanks.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2009-11-06 01:53:38)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

Kmarion wrote:

I sincerely doubt Google will let the UK market slip by. Microsoft made a big mistake by delaying Zune HD across the pond.
yah... there are reports that some of our major providers have already snapped up contracts for the droid in germany (although they're renaming it, apparently). they would be fools to let the UK market slip by because of business/contractual delays... especially if they miss the xmas rush. people would love this phone. ive heard some industry reports - dunno if they're rumours or speculation - that some of our providers, e.g. Orange, who just signed for the iPhone, have turned down offers to sell the droid. shame. i hope there's more to the droid than the apple-O2 monopoly that we have here-- prices get rigged sky-high and don't seem to come down in time like other gadgets eventually do.

im still divided between the iphone 3Gs and this droid. i'll sit on it for a month or two... i can wait. especially when shit moves so fast in this corner of the tech-market.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard