Bevo
Nah
+718|6674|Austin, Texas
No, but my steam overlay lags the SHIT out of borderlands and sometimes won't even open. Talking 30s freeze here.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6309|Vancouver | Canada

OmniDeath wrote:

The frequency at which my game crashes is getting insane.

Does anyone else with the steam copy get either "general protection fault" or "bad name index" errors or know how to fix them?
I got the GPF once (and got totally pissed, because I was reminded the Mass Effect nightmare..), but thankfully it only happened that once.

I think so far, I've only gotten one GPF, one crashed that needed a restart, and one that I could just exit out of.

Bevo: Mine only does that when I open the in-game browser.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6797

DefCon-17 wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

Does anyone else with the steam copy get either "general protection fault" or "bad name index" errors or know how to fix them?
I got the GPF once (and got totally pissed, because I was reminded the Mass Effect nightmare..), but thankfully it only happened that once.

I think so far, I've only gotten one GPF, one crashed that needed a restart, and one that I could just exit out of.

I have the same problem with Mass Effect as well! It doesn't happen nearly as often in ME, but was there a fix for that?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6674|Austin, Texas

DefCon-17 wrote:

This is just shift-tab trying to reply to a chat. Pisses me off.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot

OmniDeath wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

OmniDeath wrote:

I have the same problem with Mass Effect as well! It doesn't happen nearly as often in ME, but was there a fix for that?
Windows 7 seemed to fix it.

Even after completely reinstalling XP multiple times, Mass Effect never worked.

Then I remembered the CD in my desk after I got 7, and decided to try it out.
Worked fine.

The only extra hardware was going from a 8600 GT to a 8800 GT, if I remember correctly.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6980|Lithuania

OmniDeath wrote:

The problem has to be on your end. I haven't crashed once and I'm on my 2nd playthrough. I have to say this is the least buggy game I've played in years (don't think I've encountered one yet)

On a side note, my id = MidnightRunn3r
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6895|FUCK UBISOFT

I too have never crashed.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6695|Texas - Bigger than France
Cage the Elephant for the theme song = awesome

Like I said in another thread...I just got it running for more than two minutes after a computer upgrade (without sound)...was going to play for 2 mins and leveled up to 10 with the sniper.  Not tried multiplayer yet.  can't wait to see what its like in a vehicle

Nice things about this game:
-things move faster than other fps shooters (bf2), but not way, way too fast (doom3)
-the game is about loot.  and it's everywhere.  and they aren't shy about telling you that at every opportunity
-the experience gain vs challenge of opponent is pretty good balance.
-funny game.  i laugh everytime a midget burns

I'm guessing the game would be much better with sound...
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
The shotgun midgets are pretty funny too.
Stimey
­
+786|6273|Ontario | Canada
[#]Stimey - Stim3y
­
­
­
­
­
­
OmniDeath
~
+726|6797

To people who say there are no bugs, am I the only one who frequently gets caught on invisible walls? Tiny obstacles that appear to be nothing more than a bump in the ground but you have to hurdle over to get past? I'm pretty sure Gamespots review even made note of it.

The general protection fault may be on my end as I get it sometimes with Batman and Mass Effect, but I've yet to find a solution that fixes it for any of these games (and I am using Win7).

Also to the people who aren't posting their id's in the given format, copy how it is listed in the code tags in the OP, or don't expect your name to show up in the list, otherwise, list updated!
Bevo
Nah
+718|6674|Austin, Texas
Have a level 11 soldier. Finding the game getting tougher.. my equip sucks . I want to play online - anyone?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6933|Great Brown North
sure thing
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6702|775

Bevo wrote:

Have a level 11 soldier. Finding the game getting tougher.. my equip sucks . I want to play online - anyone?
I have a lvl 11 Soldier as well. The equipment does get better. When the game gets tough, do side-quests. I'm a big fan of doing the quests on the Bounty Boards. Also, more quests = more exp (no matter how easy some of them are).

@Omnideath:
I agree. I've found many bugs as well.

My latest problem... I wish there was a way to block someone from contacting you in game. When I was playing my Soldier last night, this guy game in, hacked my game so none of the enemies would move, and it wasn't fixed until I ended my host on the game and restarted it. He tried to re-join me after I made a new game and I told him, "I don't play with hackers" right before I kicked him. Then he kept trying to join and I'd immediately kick him. Finally, he resorted to sending me continuous friend invites. Overall, the encounter was pretty annoying.

Here's a list of various bugs & fixes for Borderlands: http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/fo … y.php?f=93

Last edited by Guardian_Ekim (2009-11-05 04:17:20)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6773|Mhz

Pug wrote:

Cage the Elephant for the theme song = awesome

Like I said in another thread...I just got it running for more than two minutes after a computer upgrade (without sound)...was going to play for 2 mins and leveled up to 10 with the sniper.  Not tried multiplayer yet.  can't wait to see what its like in a vehicle

Nice things about this game:
-things move faster than other fps shooters (bf2), but not way, way too fast (doom3)
-the game is about loot.  and it's everywhere.  and they aren't shy about telling you that at every opportunity
-the experience gain vs challenge of opponent is pretty good balance.
-funny game.  i laugh everytime a midget burns

I'm guessing the game would be much better with sound...
You may want to read your other thread, I sent you a fix for your sound yesterday.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6674|Austin, Texas
Yeah mike, I just got up to 19 I think it is, the SMG I have (even though it's like level 15 restricted or something) pwns face. I killed the second-y boss who has the Spoiler (highlight to read):
shotgun/axe thing, forget his name with just a few clips to the head. Easiest battle ever.

It kinda bugs me that my equipment is so far below my character level, but maybe that's just a side effect of playing MMOs where it usually is a lot closer. I haven't really found anything that great lately, except the item from that boss (which is so fun to play with). Seems like everything decent comes from co-op quests.

2 side notes.

1. Anyone found anything about the steam overlay lagging up/locking up the game issue?
2. Is there a voice chat built in? I didn't see it in the controls and typing for this game is terrible.

ed: Posted about the overlay on steam http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … st11878336

Last edited by Bevo (2009-11-05 08:04:10)

OmniDeath
~
+726|6797

Bevo wrote:

Yeah mike, I just got up to 19 I think it is, the SMG I have (even though it's like level 15 restricted or something) pwns face. I killed the second-y boss who has the Spoiler (highlight to read):
shotgun/axe thing, forget his name with just a few clips to the head. Easiest battle ever.

It kinda bugs me that my equipment is so far below my character level, but maybe that's just a side effect of playing MMOs where it usually is a lot closer. I haven't really found anything that great lately, except the item from that boss (which is so fun to play with). Seems like everything decent comes from co-op quests.

2 side notes.

1. Anyone found anything about the steam overlay lagging up/locking up the game issue?
2. Is there a voice chat built in? I didn't see it in the controls and typing for this game is terrible.

ed: Posted about the overlay on steam http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s … st11878336
Yeah, voip is built in. No push to talk or anything, you should just be able to chat it up if you have a mic plugged in.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
They reeeeally need to release a patch or something that improves all the online features.

That's the only real complaint I have about the game.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6812|The darkside of Denver
I got an awesome SMG last night w/ incendary rounds.. Its purple loot, found it in Rust something west while playing with some higher level characters.  I have a level 20 soldier as of now.
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6702|775

I have ingame VoIP turned off and I just use my Vent.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6674|Austin, Texas
Im taking the day off (from class) and have about 2 hours to bust.

Anyone up for co-op around level 20?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6797

In case you missed it, the first DLC announced will add zombies!

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/13406/ZombieIsland3_45993_screen.jpg
VicktorVauhn
+319|6545|Southern California
Soooo.... Not that into this one.

Not bad, but I doubt I am even going to beat it. I barely feel driven to play it again. Maybe it will get better as I am only like level 8, but it doesn't feel that deep or special.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6933|Great Brown North
that's going to be a whole lot of blood
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6895|FUCK UBISOFT

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Soooo.... Not that into this one.

Not bad, but I doubt I am even going to beat it. I barely feel driven to play it again. Maybe it will get better as I am only like level 8, but it doesn't feel that deep or special.
depth is relative.

Compared to golden age FPSRPGs it is severaely lacking.

Compared to anything in the past 5 years, this game is jesus.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard