Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
Alolso at ferrari is going to be interesting. I bet he's going to have a bitchfest with Massa like he did with Hamilton. The guy's ego is too big to be teamed up with another ace driver.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
So anyway Japan is starting soon. For Button, it goes like this:

Button will win the title in Japan if...

- He wins and Barrichello is lower than third
- He is second and Barrichello is lower than fifth
- He is third and Barrichello is lower than seventh
- If he is fourth and Barrichello is lower than eighth
What say you, bf2s. I don't think he'll win it at Japan tbh, actually I think this one will go down to Abu Dhabi (last GP) but somehow I don't think it will go down to the last lap last corner with Button overtaking someone and winning the championship and then making the other drivers team go from happy to wall punching madness

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6551|UK

Well that was different..............
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6448|Amsterdam‫

Bell wrote:

Well that was different..............
almost 3hours of qually
https://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/menzo2003/fredbf2.png
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6236|S.A. Australia
Good to see Webber back amongst it though.  Shame about Button, he really got fucked by the conditions.  Should be a good race at any rate.
Serious Flex
Mekstizzle
WALKER
They messed up not putting the inters on. What are the conditions gonna be like in a few hours? If it's dry all those people who qualified using wetter/intermediate setups are going to be screwed by the cars that qualified shit but are on dry setups for the race. I bet the race is going to be dry, and that Button will again luck out as he has been doing since he hasn't won a race and somehow things will go favourable for him. He might not win it today, but today won't hit his title chances that hard either.
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6664|The Outer Circle
So he and Brawn did it
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6734|St. Andrews / Oslo

Awesome race.

Button was amazing.

And Kobayashi.... The new Takuma Sato, I love him already
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6664|The Outer Circle
Ross Brawn in tears, can tell it means a lot.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
Pvt.Kosak
+125|6588
Well done Jenson Button.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Nice race, Button still getting very lucky as usual with the safety cars and Barrichello getting a puncture (Button needs to give Hamilton a handshake for that)

But he made some really nice passes, the league tables never lie, he deserves it, and even if that means because the other guys kept on messing up, and he didn't.

But the race in general was awesome, Trulli and Sutil looked like they were gonna start a brawl and then Trulli's interview afterwards made me crack up, and then Kimi getting a few gallons of burning petrol fire on his car, then Kobayashi is just awesome, I <3 Japanese drivers. They don't give a shit about the rules/sportsmanship and do some of the craziest things. This guy is the new Takuma Sato!

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-10-18 11:06:58)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6551|UK

Excellent.
baggs
+732|6206
Not saying this just cos i'm a Brit and all that but i think no one deserved it more than Button. Full credit to Barrichello and Vettel also. Webber can fuck off tho, i can't stand the wanker.

Oh and.....Alonso, you really are shit.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I'd still say Button was an average, maybe slightly above average driver in a super cool car. Apart from the last race where he was still lucky with the safety car and being behind only rookies who he had to overtake, he's not had it that hard. You can go back to times where Lewis Hamilton was flying ahead of everyone else only to be pegged back multiple times by the safety car yet still win the race comfortably, or where the rain comes in and people still get the job done.

I think a number of factors played into him winning the Championship, but the main reason was the car was just awesome, and it was a car that Honda developed before they fucked off, probably because it cost so much to develop that car.

He is better than Rubens though. Still this season, they deserve the title because all the other teams failed and they didn't. They all had an open goal but they kept on missing consistently.

Whoever wins the WDC always deserves it, but I still think Button is one of the more odd WDC champions. Defo not the greatest in terms of actual driving ability
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6575
Yeah Mek, I gotta agree.  The first 8 races or so, Brawn had a huge advantage with that diffuser...but thats F1.  One engineer making the rest look like fools.  The rest closed the gap, and the advantage was mostly erased...but that too is F1.
I like Jenson, I like Rubens even better, but I dont, in all honesty feel that either would have been in contention had it not been for one fabulously engineered car.
Ross and the Brackley bunch earned this one...Jense was simply the pilot.

Kudos to Ross, on the constructors.

I'll bet next season will be interesting.  I'm looking forward to Abu-Dhabi, that should be an interesting race...nothing to lose for some, no holding back.

What was the story on the bad pit release yesterday?  What have the stewards decided?  I havent heard.

Oh, and lol and Kobayashi hehehe  That kid will either get hurt, or he has one hell of a future, he made his car like 10m wide hehehe
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Still haven't heard anything about the Pit Lane thing, they didn't show properly what happened during Replays either. Same for the Sutil/Trulli/Alonso collision, no update on that either
aimless
+166|6126|Texas
Trulli got fined $10,000 for not leaving the track and arguing with Sutil.
McLaren were fined $50,000 for unsafe pit release.
Kovalainen received a 25s penalty, dropping him to 12th.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ … 10119.html

The Kovalainen/Fisichella and Sutil/Trulli/Alonso crashes were deemed race incidents.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6551|UK

Mekstizzle wrote:

I'd still say Button was an average, maybe slightly above average driver in a super cool car. Apart from the last race where he was still lucky with the safety car and being behind only rookies who he had to overtake, he's not had it that hard. You can go back to times where Lewis Hamilton was flying ahead of everyone else only to be pegged back multiple times by the safety car yet still win the race comfortably, or where the rain comes in and people still get the job done.

I think a number of factors played into him winning the Championship, but the main reason was the car was just awesome, and it was a car that Honda developed before they fucked off, probably because it cost so much to develop that car.

He is better than Rubens though. Still this season, they deserve the title because all the other teams failed and they didn't. They all had an open goal but they kept on missing consistently.

Whoever wins the WDC always deserves it, but I still think Button is one of the more odd WDC champions. Defo not the greatest in terms of actual driving ability
Compare him to hamilton though, he won more races this season that hamilton did last season.  True they all did seem to happen at the very start, and the car, probably did gift them to him, but it is really the car that pulls it off.  Schumi somewhat admited to that on Top gear if you remember.  A descent driver in the best car will beat more talented ones in lesser cars, it's about the whole package.

Consider this though, if Button won six of the last seven races this season, and was no where at the begining, lets say the Brawn started off medicore, and then became a beast, the press would be touting it as the second coming!

Am very pleased he pulled it off, probably cause I had a bet on he would () but I think, when you look at it, atleast compaired to what hamilton did last year, he has won more races in his championship year, and hamilton did in his (regardless when they happened).  Happens in football, and indeed any sport, half the battle, isnt so much how good you are, but how well your competition can react.  The simple fact of the matter is, despite his less than inspiring performances (bar monza and spain) none of the other drivers capitalised on Buttons misfortune.  There failure is there own making, not Buttons.

Though I would of loved to see webber win it
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

What a race it was!

Lap 1 set the pace for the rest of the race, with all the chaos and accidents - then Raikonnen getting set on fire, classic!

There was some outstanding driving by loads of drivers, not least Button.

It did make me laugh the way no one cared about Webber's win. He must have been quite depressed - his second win of his career and nobody cared.
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Bell wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Compare him to hamilton though, he won more races this season that hamilton did last season.  True they all did seem to happen at the very start, and the car, probably did gift them to him, but it is really the car that pulls it off.  Schumi somewhat admited to that on Top gear if you remember.  A descent driver in the best car will beat more talented ones in lesser cars, it's about the whole package.

Consider this though, if Button won six of the last seven races this season, and was no where at the begining, lets say the Brawn started off medicore, and then became a beast, the press would be touting it as the second coming!

Am very pleased he pulled it off, probably cause I had a bet on he would () but I think, when you look at it, atleast compaired to what hamilton did last year, he has won more races in his championship year, and hamilton did in his (regardless when they happened).  Happens in football, and indeed any sport, half the battle, isnt so much how good you are, but how well your competition can react.  The simple fact of the matter is, despite his less than inspiring performances (bar monza and spain) none of the other drivers capitalised on Buttons misfortune.  There failure is there own making, not Buttons.

Though I would of loved to see webber win it
But this season was more about the car than about the driver. Honda had developed an awesome car for this season, and considering this season had massive technical changes, they really went out for it, but then money issues came in and they had to abandon until Brawn saved the team.

They weren't nowhere at the beginning they weren't really a "new" team they were on the backbone of Honda's financial clout which produced that awesome car.

The reason I say more car than driver than most other seasons is because you could clearly see it this season, as soon as the other cars became competitive (second half of the season) Brawn/Button slipped down and couldn't handle it. He was happy winning the races when his car was miles ahead but when things became closer he fell off dramatically. Whereas with other champions they've done better in much more competitive environments.

Yes he did win more than Hamilton but in a much less competitive environment. Once things became more competitive he really showed that he's an average driver that was in an awesome car. By just looking at the results of all the races you can see it clear as day the Brawn drivers fell off dramatically once the other teams got their act together, it's just that nobody specific could string a few wins togethor and mount a real challenge to Brawns early dominance.
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6448|Amsterdam‫
F1 yearclip

Last edited by menzo (2009-11-03 09:00:06)

TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6575
So...Toyota leave F1...this gives Sauber a sporting chance to remain on the grid for next season.  Good on them.  The car was fairly competetive toward the end of the year, I see nothing but good things comming from this (for Sauber).
Maybe now we'll be rid of Trulli and his antics.

Toyota statement in full:
http://planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5673216,00.html
menzo
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏&#
+616|6448|Amsterdam‫
so Sauber back in
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Only thing that annoys me is that Kobayashi might not get a drive for next season. The guy showed promise and was interesting to watch. Better than all the other newcomers that's for sure.
TC.Troy
Let the rough side drag
+111|6575

Mekstizzle wrote:

Only thing that annoys me is that Kobayashi might not get a drive for next season. The guy showed promise and was interesting to watch. Better than all the other newcomers that's for sure.
Agreed, the kid was a whoot.  Certainly gives me a better reason to watch GP2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard