[FD]Terminaor
+0|6793

v1l2u5 wrote:

I feel your pain bro... I cant get my knife badge at all..
boy am i glad i stat padded
Doyley
+1|6832|Australia

[FD]Terminaor wrote:

v1l2u5 wrote:

I feel your pain bro... I cant get my knife badge at all..
boy am i glad i stat padded
Are you serious? That is a pretty cheap way of obtaining awards. Every award that I have I have earned it legit. I am not even contemplating padding to get this freaken repair badge I so desperately want/need (and I have been trying for days now). Don't be a stat padder, it ruins the game experience.
Chard
+1|6856|Christchurch, New Zealand
I felt cursed last night i was running round trying to get my Explosives Ordinance Badge and i got to 12 kills using c4 with about half the ticket gone and i was like sweet 1 more kill im gonna get this, I may be in line to get my vet Explosives Ordinance Badge.

But it all went to shit. i was running round and i got killed then it kept happening again and again i couldnt get near anyone to use my c4. But I got my chance right near the end of the round i saw this sprited over to him and droped the c4 started to move away with the deternatior out and went to press the button AND THE FUCKING BOMB DIDDNT GO OFF!!!! It really diddnt because i put the deternation away and pulled out the c4 and then got shot to bits

I hate this game
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6820|Eastern PA

Doyley wrote:

Don't be a stat padder, it ruins the game experience.
The lamers that pad their stats couldn't care less about the "game experience" - all they care about is trying to fool other newcomers into thinking that they have "1337 skilz", while forgetting that anyone with some serious time on BF2 can actually read their stats and pretty clearly understand what they did and how they did it . . .

But I'm sure that you already knew that.
Doyley
+1|6832|Australia
Yeah, I sure did. One more thing, can you explain what 1337 says, or means, because I don't know. (I'm guessing that it has something to do with being heaps good?????) Anyway, I'm going back to try and get this bloody veteran repair badge award.....tonight!
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6820|Eastern PA
Your inference is accurate:

1337 = Leet-speak = "elite"

I tried again for Basic Ordnance - gave up after 10 rounds. Couldn't even get Vet Spec-Ops . . .

Tried for my Vet Sniper, and got auto-switched 5 times in one round.

I think I need a different hobby . . .
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6798|Noizyland

Use Ground defence as AA. If a 'copter is taking your base, it should be low enough to blast in the engine with an anti-tank missile. I got both the badge and the ribbon in ground defence for that in one round. Maybe I'm just one fo the lucky un-cursed ones.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Doyley
+1|6832|Australia
lol, me too. Thanks for the explanation. Yeah, the last five rounds have been laggy as all hell, the computer and/or BF2 must be able to somehow know what we are aiming to get and think of sadistic ways in which it/they can stuff it up. Today's stuff up technique: "There is a problem with your connection". I hate those words. Good luck with your explosives badge T1mbrW0lf, I know it is hard to get, keep at it and you WILL get it.
T1mbrW0lf
+2|6820|Eastern PA
Thanks for the encouragement.

I had forgotten to mention the "Connection Problem", which by itself has resulted in 20 to 30 failed attempts for that badge - always occuring when I've achieved about 10 kills or so.

I firmly believe that inanimate objects have "souls", and the whole purpose of their existance is to confound mankind . . .
Doyley
+1|6832|Australia
The salt has finally been rubbed in the wound - I got the 10 repair points with about 2 tickets left in the game but no badge. ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!! I AM CURSED (either that or my PC has a mind of its own - bastard computer)
[=FAV=]Kakaroto_k
This are MY ammo bags, so please stop asking
+0|6792|Caracas, Venezuela
I hear you, my curse is with the commander badge after 1.03, every time I get to be commander not to often (a player with higher rank......) it seems that my team agree to not make any points, the closest I've got was 39 points, and guess what, the round ended, when a throw arty on an enemy cp full of people (enemy’s), there’s always one team mate in that cp that’s the only one that got hit by the arty strike (thank god no more TK for arty anymore, kind off, ) I’m beginning to think that someone is giving away adamantium umbrellas to the other team, I got off topic.

For those who need the basic explosive, I did it on daqing on jihad runs with the buggy on my second try, this map its good because there’s a lot of armor and open fields and I find that the buggy its better than the hummer (faster)
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6608|Finland
Yeah that happens with me with expert command, we win the round by getting all flags in first five minutes, or 30 minutes match but we lose it and again something like 10 points.
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6709|Seattle

Doyley wrote:

Well, do you? When you play BF2 online and try and get a specific badge, or medal or anything, it doesn't matter what you do, you can't get it? I do sometimes. Here's an example: For the last four and a half days I have been trying to obtain my Veteran Repair Badge and have come within 2 repair points. Things always go wrong when I try to get it - the connection stuffs up, the round goes too quickly, I get switched to the other team that has no need for repair, a blackout happens, enemy troops block my path and I get mowed down, or artillery rains on my head. Am I the only one who feels that some awards are cursed? Or are there others? It doesn't happen for any other badge, just the Vet Repair Badge. Bugger, ay. I'm not gonna give up either until I get it......one day.
The exact same thing was happening to me for vet repair...

I finally had a great round though.  You just have to be patient.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard