N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5902|Somewhere out in Space

Spark wrote:

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

I think cricket is one of the hardest sports in the world to describe to a complete outsider, theres just so many different elements to it.
I wouldn't say so... bowler balls, batsman sees ball, batsman hits ball, batsman sprints to the other end.
By sprint you of course mean light jog.  Don't forget your 'tea' either.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

I thought I clicked on the Sports section...
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5371

FEOS wrote:

I thought I clicked on the Sports section...
lel
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
Be a fast bowler and bowl even one over and say you're not doing sports. Or a batsman who has to keep running one's and two's, maybe even three's. When/if you actually play it, you realise it can be some work. Especially the batsman if they have to run between the wickets alot, wearing all that shit and carrying the bat too. .
belldawg
Serial Jay-Walker
+52|5954|Perth, indian ocean
^ especially hard on those 30 degrees plus days we get in australian summers haha
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5902|Somewhere out in Space

belldawg wrote:

^ especially hard on those 30 degrees plus days we get in australian summers haha
K by your logic NASCAR is a sport.

*inb4shitstorm*
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Mekstizzle wrote:

Be a fast bowler and bowl even one over and say you're not doing sports. Or a batsman who has to keep running one's and two's, maybe even three's. When/if you actually play it, you realise it can be some work. Especially the batsman if they have to run between the wickets alot, wearing all that shit and carrying the bat too. .
Aggressive running ftw. singles win games.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
holy shit what a game yesterday. we won but sachin was o.O
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone
Australia wins against the West Indies by an innings and 65 runs just after tea, day 3, despite a century to Adrian Barath in his maiden Test.

And again (imo) Australia's 'golden boy' Mitchell Johnson failed to deliver.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

DrunkFace wrote:

Australia wins against the West Indies by an innings and 65 runs just after tea, day 3, despite a century to Adrian Barath in his maiden Test.

And again (imo) Australia's 'golden boy' Mitchell Johnson failed to deliver.
Really? I thought he was easily the best of the bowlers. Probably the unluckiest, and every now and then just got a bit wide or a bit full but regularly beat the bat outside off.

And Hauritz did well, which I like.

Last edited by Spark (2009-11-28 02:48:16)

~ Richard Feynman
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6643|A sunburnt country
Second Aus V WI test is underway, hopefully there is a bit more competition this time around!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I was watching some of the India vs Sri Lanka cricket recently, Sehwag was on course to get his third triple century, but I don't think he did it. The guy is probably underrated, he's beating and getting close to records set by guys like Brian Lara and Don Bradman, but everyone always just talks about Tendulkar

Anyway India managed to get 726-9 according to the BBC, fucking crazy. What's the highest score in an innings ever in 5 day test cricket, that must be close to it.

Rain goes ahead and ruins the next ODI between SA and England. It's not supposed to rain in Africa, ever
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
956-6 dec  Sri Lanka v India 2 Aug 1997.

Also no ones even comes close to Bradman when you take into consideration how few tests he played. He is without a doubt the greatest batsman to ever play the game.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Mekstizzle wrote:

I was watching some of the India vs Sri Lanka cricket recently, Sehwag was on course to get his third triple century, but I don't think he did it. The guy is probably underrated, he's beating and getting close to records set by guys like Brian Lara and Don Bradman, but everyone always just talks about Tendulkar

Anyway India managed to get 726-9 according to the BBC, fucking crazy. What's the highest score in an innings ever in 5 day test cricket, that must be close to it.

Rain goes ahead and ruins the next ODI between SA and England. It's not supposed to rain in Africa, ever
Because he's nowhere consistent enough. And he's really a 'feel' player, when it's not there it really isn't there. The bowlers then don't have to do anything partiularly special to get in.

And I always discount somewhat scores made on dead subcontinental pitches which are low, dead and present nothing but the easiest of batting conditions for 5 days. Scoring a double century on the WACA/5th day SCG/Headingly/grassy Kingsmead/overcast Trent Bridge, that's more of a challenge. Not to say it wasn't special, but it is a little more hollow.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
~ Richard Feynman
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I've heard the Afghan team are actually moving up the ranks quite fast, they only just missed out on qualifying for the World Cup in 2011 or something like that. Good for the country if they can get some solid sports going for them. I still remember watching video's and images of the Taliban using a football stadium as an execution ground with people hanging from the posts and shit like that

Also I looked at the Scorecard for the recent ODI between India and Sri Lanka, shit that game must've been some spectacle. India got 414 or something, then Sri Lanka lost by threeruns.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket … 413863.stm

Second highest aggregate in an ODI apparently, before that awesome game between South Africa and Australia a few years ago

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-12-15 04:59:48)

Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
I saw a bit of it. Sehwag and Dilshan put on a show but Sanga almost blasted the Indians out of the water. That was amazing shit yo.

Highlights should be online here cricket-online.tv
~ Richard Feynman
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6703|St. Andrews / Oslo

Question: does anyone actually watch club cricket, or is it all national team?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Jenspm wrote:

Club Cricket is popular but only really within their own countries. Then you have stuff like the T20 Champions League which is trying to break into that International Club championship sort of thing.

County Cricket is quite big here still.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Jenspm wrote:

No, but it's good to play.

EDIT: I assume by club cricket you mean grade cricket. If you mean first-class cricket (which is the equivalent of clubs in other sports) then a few people watch. It can be interesting sometimes.

Last edited by Spark (2009-12-15 14:50:44)

~ Richard Feynman
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6703|St. Andrews / Oslo

I mean like the Premier League for Cricket.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

Jenspm wrote:

first-class then
~ Richard Feynman
DrunkFace
Germans did 911

Jenspm wrote:

In the sub continent (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka) it HUGE. I'd be tempted to say bigger then the Premier League, definitely in terms of audience, maybe not in terms of money (yet).
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6644|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

DrunkFace wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

In the sub continent (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka) it HUGE. I'd be tempted to say bigger then the Premier League, definitely in terms of audience, maybe not in terms of money (yet).
This man's right about the size of its popularity out in India n that.
Spark
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
anyone watch yesterday?

first time i've seen anyone hit the roof of the waca...
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard