Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
Companies aren't force to implement anything.
If Blackwater can get away with letting their emplyees rape other employees I'm pretty sure wearing a pin isn't going to be an issue.

Have you considered that maybe Home Depot don't want people wearing pins because it could cause friction between employees and with customers, damaging their business? So its not PC, its good business practice?

Employees are free to complain or sue, this guy chose to be a dick instead.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Companies aren't force to implement anything.
If Blackwater can get away with letting their emplyees rape other employees I'm pretty sure wearing a pin isn't going to be an issue.

Have you considered that maybe Home Depot don't want people wearing pins because it could cause friction between employees and with customers, damaging their business? So its not PC, its good business practice?

Employees are free to complain or sue, this guy chose to be a dick instead.
So you are now gunna compare a mercenary outfit to home depot? Neh, I don't see a desperate stretch there for justification.

Not to mention the fact that Marconious already admitted it who is a, "zero tolerance" embracing, PC loving, to hell with common sense, liberal such as yourself

Last edited by lowing (2009-11-01 16:08:08)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Not to mention the fact that Marconious already admitted it who is a, "zero tolerance" embracing, PC loving, to hell with common sense, liberal such as yourself
Insults, you always go ddown this path when you've lost an argument.

Maybe Home Depot didn't want some blowhard spouting superstitious nonsense at work?
I doubt someone would get fired over a pin, more like this was the final straw.
Either way a commercial company is fully entitled to do it.

But continuing the theme:
You can't deal with the reality of the situation because you're a one-eyed ranting ram-it-down-peoples-throats religious extremist fruitcake yourself

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-11-01 16:23:59)

LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6377|MN

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Maybe Home Depot didn't want some blowhard spouting superstitious nonsense at work?

You can't deal with the reality of the situation because you're a one-eyed ranting ram-it-down-peoples-throats religious extremist fruitcake yourself
I don't think he is very religious though.

I can, however, understand what Lowing is trying to say.  I do not think this is a result of an underlying effort to avoid offending people.  For the most part companies that interface with their customers on a personal level have always had a high standard of dress.  I actually think the level of professionalism has declined over the years.

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/25206/older.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/25206/new_walmart_uniforms.jpg

Maybe this guy could help you out next time you visit HD Lowing?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/25206/sagger.jpg

Switch wrote:

Christians.
Idiots
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Sorry, I didn't know being called a liberal was insulting to liberals. Calling me a conservative is a label I wear proudly. As far as the religious part however, well, you don't know me very well. I did get a laugh though with your accusation that I am always insulting. That was a good one, especially coming fromyou.

Also, I don't think I have lost the argument at all. For the 5 or so time, I acknowledge he got fired for not following the rules. It is the reason such bullshit rules are implimented that I have addressed, and Marconious has acknolwedged.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6649|USA

LividBovine wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

I don't think he is very religious though.

I can, however, understand what Lowing is trying to say.  I do not think this is a result of an underlying effort to avoid offending people.  For the most part companies that interface with their customers on a personal level have always had a high standard of dress.  I actually think the level of professionalism has declined over the years.

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/25206/older.jpg
http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/25206 … iforms.jpg

Maybe this guy could help you out next time you visit HD Lowing?
http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/25206/sagger.jpg

Switch wrote:

Christians.
Idiots
Are you really trying to compare these people with a man who wears a button that says, One nation under God? Really?
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6691|San Francisco
And again, being PC isn't akin to a company wanting to remain politically and socially neutral.  If a company run by Republicans starts requiring that everyone wear Nationalistic buttons, the people they drive away wouldn't be Offended...they'd simply disagree with their political views and probably don't want to financially support Republicans.  This is much different from purposely trying to create an offended response, such as the Westboro Baptists constantly running around with "God hates Fags" and "Thank God for IEDs" signs.  I'm not comparing the Pledge button with the Westboro nuts; the Westboro nuts are what can happen if you start dropping the influence of PC on our society.  If your only response is that people should toughen up so we can equally pronounce messages as extremely diverse as highly Nationalistic buttons and extremely hateful signs, then you are sort of not up with the times.  We'd have to become rather desensitized in order to sustain a full drop of PC.

I personally don't believe that PC is bad.  It helps smooth over a lot of our societies' rough edges, though I will admit that sometimes it does go a little overboard.  I still don't believe that altering PC in any way would've changed the outcome of this case.  Relaxing the rules of PC also runs into issues; where do you draw the line?  Who's to say one message is more right than the other message?  Eventually, the relaxing would be exponential to allow for everyone to have a say, as perhaps everyone's version of Patriotism would be different than merely a Pledge of Allegiance button.  Hence zero-tolerance from the corporation side (again, I don't endorse Zero-Tolerance.  I've already said I didn't like it, but that's how many places have to handle the aformentioned PC case along with just trying to keep as much business as they can from anyone and everyone who comes into their stores.)
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6624|Canada
Wow... I cannot believe some of you are still debating over this. You are repeating the same points of view over and over for 6 pages! HD can do what it wants. When you own YOUR own multi national/billion$ business, lets see how PC you will be to gain profit. In the end, this is the result of a free market society. I can see the similarity PC = Politically correct/ Positive Cashflow
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6470|Kakanien

Stubbee wrote:

ummmm zeitgeist
weltschmerz is today's zeitgeist!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
As I said before, you're assuming the company did it for PC reasons.

Maybe they just don't like people playing smartass with the company rules?
If you're not allowed poltical pins you're not allowed political pins.

Or maybe he was just a dick they wanted rid of anyway and the pin was an excuse?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard