DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

Dilbert_X wrote:

No, just normal hockey.
No mud on ice.
People aren't trying to kill each other in hockey, nor do they wear armour.

DesertFox- wrote:

Baseball is far better to watch than football, the caveat being you need to be watching "your team". My team wasn't in the playoffs this year, so I didn't care how that turned out, though.

I honestly don't know how people say it is any more boring to watch than football though. Each play has about a 30 second gap between them and it's about as often as a base hit that you have plays worth watching in football. Timeouts drive me crazy too, since they just make it time for another commercial break where you get to see more ads for beer or chips or whatever football fans like. I'm supposed to be writing a paper though, so I'll have to respond to your "wtf are you smoking?" follow-ups in the morning.
Just because baseball is boring as fuck doesn't automatically make American football any better. They both suck along with Ice hockey.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2009-11-01 22:43:26)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX
Nor do they in baseball or soccer.

Ice hockey does look fun though, to watch or play.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6683|Disaster Free Zone

Dilbert_X wrote:

Nor do they in baseball or soccer.

Ice hockey does look fun though, to watch or play.
IDK if you picked this up, but he was quiet obviously referring to American football not soccer.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX
Ah good point.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6687|United States of America
Found some time for a rebuttal: Hockey, soccer, basketball, football...they're all the same! Two teams trying to get some object into some zone protected by the other team, it's a conspiracy, you know, but hey---don't tell no one!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6677|Canberra, AUS
i prefer cricket over baseball any day. Two fairly similar games, but cricket is more subtle and intriguing. And every now and then mind-blowingly tense (cardiff 09, edgbaston 05 (fuck you billy bowden)...)

but i find comparing baseball/cricket to like soccer/rugby etc. is silly... they're two completely different types of games, whose complexities and whatnot are completely different.

Last edited by Spark (2009-11-01 23:36:57)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard