.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6463|The Twilight Zone

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Yeah, mine was the same with like 11GB.

Must say though, epic fast boot times are win.
What storage media are you using for your OS? HDD or SSD?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5798|Catherine Black

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Yeah, mine was the same with like 11GB.

Must say though, epic fast boot times are win.
Tbh I never noticed much difference from Vista to W7. It was a bit faster, but not substantially so. Don't you have an SSD?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6727|Riva, MD

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Hey guys, when you installed W7 how much HD space did it take up? Without games etc.. obviously.
I heard the x86 version was supposed to be 16GB and the x64 version is supposed to be 20GB.

I didn't bother to look when I finished installing mine
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6731|Ireland | Monaghan

I have an external Hard Drive which I use for most data, movies and the likes. I use my WD Black for most games that load very fast for me(to not need them on my SSD), CoDW@W - BF2/2142 and Guild Wars, the only game I have on my SSD is CoH and Borderlands (fucking 9GB for CoH alone ). W7 is on my SSD.

And from my post it looks like I'm attributing my epic speed load to W7, I was merely just revelling in having W7 on my SSD tbh.

_j5689_ wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Hey guys, when you installed W7 how much HD space did it take up? Without games etc.. obviously.
I heard the x86 version was supposed to be 16GB and the x64 version is supposed to be 20GB.

That's partly why I asked how much too, most of what I read has been misleading. So, who better to ask than the peeps who I know, and just installed it!

Last edited by IrishGrimReaper (2009-10-29 13:11:24)

Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

_j5689_ wrote:

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

Nah it's nowhere near that size.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6853|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Is it just me or is the final version a lot more buggy than the beta?

I don't get the hype, sure it's an improvement over Vista, but come on, that's like saying that a punch to the face is an improvement over getting kicked in the balls.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6577|NYC / Hamburg

Sydney wrote:

I don't get the hype, sure it's an improvement over Vista, but come on, that's like saying that a punch to the face is an improvement over getting kicked in the balls.
Truth
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6184|Sydney | ♥

I'm yet to have a single issue with Windows 7 ~ Beta/RC/Release.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

tazz. wrote:

I'm yet to have a single issue with Windows 7 ~ Beta/RC/Release.
The only unsolved problem I have right now is that my mouse keeps disconnecting and reconnecting.

If only game developers would bother with the Linux crowd, then I'd have no use for this windows shit.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Don't worry Vista I still love you... *hug*
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6766|Scotland

max wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Truth
What's the point in saying that though?

It's an improvement enough to say "Right, now we can actually switch to something slightly newer than XP". Don't say that isn't true, because it is.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6402|Southern California
Anyone else noticed that everything in the control panel is single click, even when everything else is double click?

Fucking annoying to try and change focus and accidentally open network properties...
artofsurvival
Idiot!
+33|6367|the Great British Queendom :)
Loving, loving, loving it :p
I have a copy off MS Technet, so as far as I know its a legit copy! UI is fantastic, I admit though that I have had like 2 weeks worth of Vista but basically jumped from XP to W7. Problems that I have had consist of initially I couldn't get drivers for my ASUS D2 soundcard, after reading up from forums though I have found a patch! Seems that my computer took a bit of a bashing from this though! So thats now sorted

The other remaining problem that I have is to do with moving files and Microsoft Security Essentials, when moving files between hard drives MSE turns itself off and then Explorer goes unresponsive, weird? Other than those 2 I haven't had any problems, touch wood! Just remember to turn UAC off, friggin P.O.S

Well thats my impression of W7
Wallpaper
+303|6004|The pool
Only issues Ive had is Ive seemed to have lost my equalizer for my Realtek (oh hai shitty integrated), due to fail drivers, but Im sure that will be sorted out in a few weeks.

The other is the OSes fault, a couple time Ive gotten some weird bug where a window will refuse to close with the X button, and the buttons will flash really fast. Easily solved with ALT+F4, but kind of annoying; hoping its patched soon
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6608|Cheshire. UK
I have Win 7 Pro...and the only problem I have is that it wont come out of Standby... I had no problems with the Beta or the RC coming back up but the retail version actually Blue screens..
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6449|King Of The Islands

My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
mikkel
+383|6611

Zimmer wrote:

max wrote:

Sydney wrote:

Truth

It's an improvement enough to say "Right, now we can actually switch to something slightly newer than XP". Don't say that isn't true, because it is.
They just need to compensate for their linux-induced inferiority complexes.
Sydney
2λчиэλ

mikkel wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

max wrote:

Truth

Inferiority? Linux is inferior to Windows in no way. The only argument you may have is games, and the only reason can't natively run most games is because M$ has a copyright on Direct3D, which is what almost all game developers are exclusively using.
mikkel
+383|6611

Sydney wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Inferiority? Linux is inferior to Windows in no way. The only argument you may have is games, and the only reason can't natively run most games is because M$ has a copyright on Direct3D, which is what almost all game developers are exclusively using.
See?
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6766|Scotland

mikkel wrote:

Sydney wrote:

mikkel wrote:

See?
Yup.
max
Vela Incident

lol

I'm the first to admit that Linux has it's fair share of issues. No gaming, ati hardware support is flakey, Flash is still a pain, etc ... but it's still worth it to me. <insert all the usual linux agruments here>
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6507

so max - how long did your install take?
max
Vela Incident

Ubuntu 9.04 / Mint 7 usually takes about 15 min, Win 7 takes around 45min. No idea about 9.10, did a dist-upgrade.
mikkel
+383|6611

burnzz wrote:

so max - how long did your install take?
Installing something like Debian or Fedora for desktop use doesn't take much more than 20 minutes. It's all the issues that arise later on that'll waste your time.
max
Vela Incident

... just like windows

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard