DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6158|Vancouver | Canada
If the target animal has an ex-SEAL bodyguard, then maybe it'd be a sport.

Not to sound like some PETA faggot, but I don't see much sport in shooting something that can do fuck-all about it.

It's like playing pool with a midget who can't see the top of the table.

Last edited by DefCon-17 (2009-10-01 09:19:10)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
The point is to prevent overgrowth of animal population so they stay healthy.  Otherwise, the threat of disease increases and the animal die a slow death.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6158|Vancouver | Canada

Stingray24 wrote:

overgrowth of animal population
Sounds familiar.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

Some hunting is a sport
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
link52787
+29|6524

Its all relative.  It depends on who you ask.  If you don't watch or participate in the particular sport, why does it bother you?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX
The point is to prevent overgrowth of animal population so they stay healthy.  Otherwise, the threat of disease increases and the animal die a slow death.
Just re-introduce wolves, no need for tough guys to get drunk and shoot stuff.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

Dilbert_X wrote:

we tried ...... instead of going after the wild, they find easy to go after livestock
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
ruisleipa
+149|6224|teh FIN-land

Stingray24 wrote:

Depends doesn't it? Most hunting is NOT done for this reason. If anything, that's just an excuse.

imo it's not a sport at all for the reasons many others have said. Main reason being is there's no competition as such. Even if you hunt like Daniel Day-Lewis in Lord of the Mohicans, sprinting through the forest after a deer and killing it hand to hand, it ain't a sport. Those pussies sitting in a tree for hours waiting for some animal to pass through their sights...not a sport. Hunting anything you can't kill for food is, in general, and in my experience, performed by people who like killing things. Not a sport.

On the other hand, I do have some sympathy for people who hunt only what they need to eat rather than buying beef coming from cows who have spent their whole lives standing in some friggin warehouse or some shit.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5704|College Park, MD

SEREMAKER wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

we tried ...... instead of going after the wild, they find easy to go after livestock
this. and I don't know wtf you british people do, but in the US they don't get drunk before hunting. Plus, if wolves were never a big population in the area to begin with, introducing them can upset the balance. Kinda like what happened in Australia with their frog problem (or something like that).
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6624|Little Bentcock
Of course its a sport, just not between hunter and prey which most of you have in your mindset. You compete with other hunters for the best <animal>. In my monthly archery magazine there is always a monthly leader board of hunters and their points, and a yearly one. Always good eating too.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647

ICCULUS wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

Yes ........... a sport of course
how so? i have nothing against hunting; i just dont consider it a sport. you arent competing against anyone, and its not really too physical. poker is more of a sport than hunting is imo
u are competing against the animal lol u has a gun and it doesnt lol so a chess game
ruisleipa
+149|6224|teh FIN-land

blademaster wrote:

u has a gun and it doesnt lol so a chess game
Try again please.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6782|Great Brown North

SEREMAKER wrote:

Hunters are good conservationist .......... no joke
and also usually the only ones paying to keep the conservation programs going....

also the most active against poachers

.Sup wrote:

a real sport you put some physical effort in. But then there's chess...

ICCULUS wrote:

sitting in a tree for 5 hrs isnt outwitting anything

having a dog force birds out of a bush isnt outwitting anything

yes, there are some forms of hunting that can be considered sport, but most of them arent
thats killing, not hunting

S3v3N wrote:

Depends on how you're hunting..

If you're sitting in a Tree Stand on a food plot like on those faggot ass hunting channels, then no.

If you're hiking out in the backwoods, low crawling through the brush just to get the perfect shot, then yes.
there is a show on with a guy who hunts with a classic recurve bow on public lands, i can't for the life of me remember what it's called but it's fantastic!

but i agree with you on the hunting from a stand on a baited position... that's not hunting, crawling around in the woods and tracking that bitch down

SEREMAKER wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

we tried that here too, they fucking decimated the moose populations, and are now hunted without a bag limit in most parts of the country.
they're also shredding livestock and not eating what they kill

DefCon-17 wrote:

Not to sound like some PETA faggot, but I don't see much sport in shooting something that can do fuck-all about it.

getting within acceptable range for a kill can be extremely hard, which is something people don't seem to understand

you know, it always pisses me off when i get lumped in with drunk piece of shit rednecks just because i hunt

Last edited by krazed (2009-10-15 23:16:09)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402

Stingray24 wrote:

The point is to prevent overgrowth of animal population so they stay healthy.
horseshit.  humans cause the overpopulation in areas because all we do is build build build.  thats no reason to go around shooting shit.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402

DefCon-17 wrote:

bingo
Adams_BJ
But we have hospitals and healthcare.

They have rabies.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402

Adams_BJ wrote:

But we have hospitals and healthcare.

They have rabies.
aids and cancer.

good day sir.
Adams_BJ
Which we both have treatment for, and only AIDS is affected by peer-to-peer contact.

Good day sir.
HooT.au
+1|5302|Melbourne
Only kill what u are going to eat!
VYWang
+4|5304
Ok, here's the definition from dictionary.com (I'm not saying you have to agree with it, I'm just using it)
Sport: an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature.

Hunting then should be a considered a sport since a) it is an athletic activity and b) it requires skill and c) you are competing against the prey, nature, and possibly other hunters.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6782|Great Brown North

Red Forman wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

horseshit.  humans cause the overpopulation in areas because all we do is build build build.  thats no reason to go around shooting shit.
you're right, we should let them starve to death or attack people (usually children) instead. much better plan
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

krazed wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

you're right, we should let them starve to death or attack people (usually children) instead. much better plan
I like the idea of hunting with my truck ........... nothing like slamming into a 200lbs hunk of meat
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard