Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5736

I have given it a try and still don't get the point of it. From what I have noticed women just post any whining as their status and 20 desperate men then comment. People takes quizes and post them like anyone cares about their results. I also noticed that people tend to just add people and never interact with them. Also why would you post a load of profile pictures, if a person knew you enough that they would add you to their friends list wouldn't they know what you look like already. Still don't get this thing.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5550
its so stupid but most people are simpletons.  i mean, wtf do i care what some dude i knew in high school is doing?
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5867|Vancouver, BC, Canada
What's interesting though, is that if you are CURRENTLY in high school, setting yourself as in a relationship with someone is the ultimate way to seal the deal, I've heard someone ask if a friend of theirs was going out with someone, and the response was "Well it's facebook official, so..." and that's all that needed to be said.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6782|Finland

I find it a good way to see what my friends are up to, if there are any events coming up that might interest me, parties I'm invited to, if there's an ongoing gathering at some friends place where I could go and kick it etc. I've disabled notifications of apps.

tl;dr It's great if you have lots of friends irl.
I need around tree fiddy.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6258|Birmingham, UK
I like how you're posting your whiny views and waiting for loads of people to comment

I just use it to see what people are up to.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6810|The darkside of Denver
+1 beth, lol so true.  But alas, I love posting in whiney bitches complaint threads on FB...

Last edited by SonderKommando (2009-10-22 09:38:51)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6648

SonderKommando wrote:

+1 beth, lol so true.  But alas, I love posting in whiney bitches complaint threads on FB bf2s...
fix't!
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6782|Finland

Sidenote: 1½ years ago, a friend of a friend saw a photo of me posted in her album, after which she asked her "Who's that?". 3 months later, we started dating. Since she lives in another town not too far from here, odds that we would've met otherwise would've been quite slim.

So facebook was quite the handy site right there.

But yeah, as mentioned in my post above, you need to have actual factual friends irl to get full effect from it. It's not myspace, I.e. a place where you become "friends" with complete strangers who basically are either emos or pedophiles.

So my facebook friends are basically:
- IRL friends
- Old highschool or similar friends
- A handful (2-3) of "interwebs friends" who I'm probably going to meet at some point
networking. discover it.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5550

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

networking. discover it.
yes.  network playing flash games and posting pics.  lol
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6805

I like it, it's good for keeping up with old friends, as well as remembering the names of new ones.

Plus it's nice to see the true side of some bf2s users instead of whatever persona they take on here
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6782|Finland

Red Forman wrote:

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

networking. discover it.
yes.  network playing flash games and posting pics.  lol
Or checking who's going to that awesome party your friend posted as an event and which you're not invited to?

Sir, I encourage you to not pretend to know everything about a subject you quite obviously know nothing of.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6258|Birmingham, UK
I think those games are annoying. I got that farm one today and i don't know what to do and, you can actually buy coins on it for 40$
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5550

DonFck wrote:

Sir, I encourage you to not pretend to know everything about a subject you quite obviously know nothing of.
yes because i have never seen anyone at home or work use it.....lolz
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6258|Birmingham, UK
Have you used it?

Seriously i thought it was stupid when i saw it but now i use it.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6782|Finland

Red Forman wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Seeing someone using it doesn't mean that you know anything about it. I've seen lots of deepthroating vids, doesn't make me an expert in giving head, does it?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5736

I have plenty of real life friends and random people I just know, I don't see why I have to be up their asses all the time. I can get a date or something without FB and real networking isn't doing polls or commenting on pictures.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6745|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
i use it to see when my friends shows are coming up, and to keep in contact with certain "salesmen".
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6258|Birmingham, UK
Instead its trolling BF2s?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6648

[√] burnzz likes this
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6782|Finland

Macbeth wrote:

I have plenty of real life friends and random people I just know, I don't see why I have to be up their asses all the time. I can get a date or something without FB and real networking isn't doing polls or commenting on pictures.
I wasn't saying that I wouldn't get laid/meet a chick without FB. I just happened to meet this particular girl, who ended up being my gf, on FB. Besides, the pictures you comment on should preferrably be pictures taken of you, by someone else, with friends, I.e. complementing rl instead of substituting it. For the ones that it's a substitute to, they have isues and need counseling.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5550

DonFck wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Seeing someone using it doesn't mean that you know anything about it. I've seen lots of deepthroating vids, doesn't make me an expert in giving head, does it?
ya thats a terrible analogy.  one is a skill.  one is not.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6782|Finland

Red Forman wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

ya thats a terrible analogy.  one is a skill.  one is not.
I don't know about that. Being a nublet on facebook means that you're not doing it right, which leads to a worse, even bad experience, for everyone. If you have never used it, you don't know at all how you should do it, but you kinda know the basics, from having seen others do it.

So that analogy might have been just spot on.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6777|UK
Blocking all quizes ftw.
red isn't dooooin it right. hrmm ive never played a flash game on there lol

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard