Barrakuda777
+86|6752|Somewhere near a shrub or rock

Red Forman wrote:

DonFck wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

ok?

tell that to the millions of people without jobs.
Did you not understand what I said? The amount of money spent in groundbreaking science is nothing compared to the massive amounts of money that revolve around comparatively useless things. 3 billion dollars in Formula 1. As another example, Michael Jordan made USD 35 mil in 2004 for running around and throwing a fucking ball, and that's probably not including sponsorship deals, just one guy.

Funding of a science center far exceeds (IMHO) the need to overcompensate/overpay in areas that do not contribute to a brighter future, which CERN results hopefully will.

Tell that to the millions of people without jobs.
and the people payed to see him and buy the products.  you can still discover this stuff 2 years from now right?  yes.  so spend it where needed now.
How much does a F22 Raptor cost?

How many wars are you fighting in the next 10 years that require you to have a plane that advanced? Cut your millitary budget, gtfo other countries and then start to lecture Euro's on what it does with its science and resarch institutions?
AFAIK CERN does not have any US involvement and im also pretty sure that the R&D of the US armed forces stretches a shade past 1bn, or did they cut that back when the poop hit the rotational cooling device?

Sorry, your tone on this just annoys me.

On topic

As far as i understand, temporal mechanics does not preclude a future event from allowing the effect to be seen before the cause has taken place. iirc
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5416
i think that is a waste also.  i dont like your tone either, jerk.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard