lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Wreckognize wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Well, I guess the moral of this story is easy, if you want to send a liberal back into the wood work start talking about respect and personal responsibility. The krptonite of liberalism.
Lowing. You criticize people for blanketing all conservatives under one definition a.k.a neocon christian loving power freaks

So quit fucking blanketing all liberals together.  There are varying degrees of the political spectrum, I know not all Cons are as far right as you, and i dont view them as such. And not all Libs are as far left as your theory of "MY money YOUR money"

THAT is the moral of the story.
lolol lowing doesn't realize he's the different side of the same coin.
You are correct, the side of coin that is opposes govt. dependency, looting and welfare. Very good observation.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6643|Canada

lowing wrote:

Wreckognize wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Lowing. You criticize people for blanketing all conservatives under one definition a.k.a neocon christian loving power freaks

So quit fucking blanketing all liberals together.  There are varying degrees of the political spectrum, I know not all Cons are as far right as you, and i dont view them as such. And not all Libs are as far left as your theory of "MY money YOUR money"

THAT is the moral of the story.
You are correct, the side of coin that is opposes govt. dependency, looting and welfare. Very good observation.
/facepalm

I shouldnt be surprised that after this entire thread, the intelligent debate with rooster and others....lowing STILL misses the point.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

destruktion_6143 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Wreckognize wrote:

/facepalm

I shouldnt be surprised that after this entire thread, the intelligent debate with rooster and others....lowing STILL misses the point.
read my last post to you, stand toe to toe  and answer it, instead of the hopeless "facepalm" of dismissal that you use in lieu of an argument.

Rooster did his best and went to great lengths to dance around and avoid the truth only to wind up in the same spot. He supports punishing achievement while rewarding failure.

If he didn't, and he agreed that only help should go to those that help themselves and those that can not, then he would have said, you are right lowing and been done with it.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6643|Canada

lowing wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

lowing wrote:

/facepalm

read my last post to you, stand toe to toe  and answer it, instead of the hopeless "facepalm" of dismissal that you use in lieu of an argument.

Rooster did his best and went to great lengths to dance around and avoid the truth only to wind up in the same spot. He supports punishing achievement while rewarding failure.

If he didn't, and he agreed that only help should go to those that help themselves and those that can not, then he would have said, you are right lowing and been done with it.
You are fanatical about your crucifixion of the liberal. Black and White, not grey.

Vietnam and Iraq/Afghanistan have taught us one thing, You cant win against a fanatic.

No matter what is said, you worm your way around it.

I am a college student, in architectural technologies. And then going to Uni for my Degree. I am bettering myself for my future. Securing a career and guaranteeing a successful life. But I call myself a moderate Liberal.

So even though I am doing all this for the betterment of my future, under your opinion, I am just a "Liberal"? Stealing from the rich? Taking YOUR money and making it OUR money? Punishing success and rewarding Failure?

eidt: forgot another buzzword you use. I also do not feel ENTITLED to anything. I work25hrs part time on top of a 60+hr school week.

Last edited by destruktion_6143 (2009-10-20 19:47:25)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS

destruktion_6143 wrote:

lowing wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

/facepalm

You are fanatical about your crucifixion of the liberal. Black and White, not grey.

Vietnam and Iraq/Afghanistan have taught us one thing, You cant win against a fanatic.

I am a college student, in architectural technologies. And then going to Uni for my Degree. I am bettering myself for my future. Securing a career and guaranteeing a successful life. But I call myself a moderate Liberal.

So even though I am doing all this for the betterment of my future, under your opinion, I am just a "Liberal"? Stealing from the rich? Taking YOUR money and making it OUR money? Punishing success and rewarding Failure?
Two possible responses I see coming:

1. Yes you are a liberal, ignoring the betterment of our future and college student etc.
2. You're not a real liberal (because clearly I know you better than you do )
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6643|Canada
Or he will go off on a tangent about vietnam and iraq/afghanistan...
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6617|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6732
I feel the vibration...
bring da peace.... change it must... lol
Love is the answer
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6122|eXtreme to the maX
22 Pages, and it hasn't moved on from 'liburls r evil cuz dey tax me'
Holy Jebus....
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6643|Canada
I see lowing still hasnt responded to my post. Under his reasoning...i win.
Karbin
+42|6311

destruktion_6143 wrote:

No....
He will say he was working longer hours so more of HIS money could become OUR money.

Or something like that.

Spark
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS

Karbin wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

No....
He will say he was working longer hours so more of HIS money could become OUR money.

Or something like that.

He was making reference to a common lowing tactic of declaring victory in a debate when people from opposing views don't post for any longer than a few hours.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

destruktion_6143 wrote:

lowing wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

/facepalm

eidt: forgot another buzzword you use. I also do not feel ENTITLED to anything. I work25hrs part time on top of a 60+hr school week.
Ahh the ole black or white argument, ( I forget which number that one was) anyway, my response is this. Yes, things need to be viewed as black and white, because for most issues a decision needs to be made, and that decision can never be grey to meet your wishes. Grey is indecisive, it is in consistent. It is unreliable. If we are all to be ruled equally as you insist and as I insist then the rules must apply equally, not colored in "grey". This is why black and white exists and should make it easier for all of us to understand where we stand and what is expected of us.

You use "grey" area to cover your bullshit excuses for failure, or for forcing others to cover your failure.

I am happy for you that you are taking the bull by the horns regarding your life and surely you will become successful. I will also predict that once you leave the comforts of your dorm room, or mom and dads basement and checkbook, you will have a change of heart and realize just how hard you worked to achieve in your life and will not be so apt to just hand it over to govt. for re-distribution. Of course I am guessing.

Last edited by lowing (2009-10-21 20:20:23)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Spark wrote:

Karbin wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

No....

Or something like that.

He was making reference to a common lowing tactic of declaring victory in a debate when people from opposing views don't post for any longer than a few hours.
Actually that is an assumption i make when I see my argument ignored while the person I was addressing abruptly stops posting and starts posting in another thread.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

22 Pages, and it hasn't moved on from 'liburls r evil cuz dey tax me'
Holy Jebus....
Pretty shallow of you since that is something I have never said. Obviously you feel you must say this to have some resemblance of an argument. I assume you must do this because you can not take what I actually say and argue against it? No matter, you are still one of the easiest on here to slam dunk even if by some miracle you actually formed an argument.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6643|Canada

lowing wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Ahh the ole black or white argument, ( I forget which number that one was) anyway, my response is this. Yes, things need to be viewed as black and white, because for most issues a decision needs to be made, and that decision can never be grey to meet your wishes. Grey is indecisive, it is in consistent. It is unreliable. If we are all to be ruled equally as you insist and as I insist then the rules must apply equally, not colored in "grey". This is why black and white exists and should make it easier for all of us to understand where we stand and what is expected of us.

You use "grey" area to cover your bullshit excuses for failure, or for forcing others to cover your failure.

I am happy for you that you are taking the bull by the horns regarding your life and surely you will become successful. I will also predict that once you leave the comforts of your dorm room, or mom and dads basement and checkbook, you will have a change of heart and realize just how hard you worked to achieve in your life and will not be so apt to just hand it over to govt. for re-distribution. Of course I am guessing.
Cover MY failure? I'm sorry, but I have not failed in life yet, and I don't plan on it. My "black and white" argument was directed to your chastising of the "liberal"

There are varying degrees in the political spectrum, yet you see all liberals as far left wingnuts... which is not accurate or wise. I know not all conservatives are as far right as you, so i do not make ignorant comments abour how ALL conservatives have your view on life.

You know nothing of my situation, I pay for everything already, and worked fulltime for 2 years. So I know how your life as an adult is, dont pull the BS of once I "grow up" i'll realize how hard life is... I pay my dues as a citizen because I do not know if or when I will need the gov't for help.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

destruktion_6143 wrote:

lowing wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Cover MY failure? I'm sorry, but I have not failed in life yet, and I don't plan on it. My "black and white" argument was directed to your chastising of the "liberal"

There are varying degrees in the political spectrum, yet you see all liberals as far left wingnuts... which is not accurate or wise. I know not all conservatives are as far right as you, so i do not make ignorant comments abour how ALL conservatives have your view on life.

You know nothing of my situation, I pay for everything already, and worked fulltime for 2 years. So I know how your life as an adult is, dont pull the BS of once I "grow up" i'll realize how hard life is... I pay my dues as a citizen because I do not know if or when I will need the gov't for help.
I was speaking in general terms with the cover your failure comment, and you know it.

What makes me so far right? Because I preach personal responsibility and freedom, equal opportunity over equal results? Why do you consider me so far right winged? What is it about my posts regarding these issues that you find so offensive?

Get back with me when you have a mortgage, a wife and children you are trying to raise and all of your efforts are being politicized in an attempt to re-distribute it to those that have not worked. By the way, 25 hours is not a full time job.

Anyway, care to dispute what I posted? Start with how all decisions and laws must be "grey" in order to cover the "grey" issues, thus creating laws not equal to all citizens, but laws tailored made depending on who you are and what your situation is. By all means, argue your endrosement of this system. then we can talk about the "fairness" of such a "grey area" legal system

Last edited by lowing (2009-10-21 20:55:24)

Spark
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS
What makes me so far right? Because I preach personal responsibility and freedom, equal opportunity over equal results? Why do you consider me so far right winged? What is it about my posts regarding these issues that you find so offensive?
Possibly because you often advocate a system which stamps, smashes or otherwise simply ignores its weak, its less intelligent or less determined, or its unlucky.

Because you are so short sighted that you can't see that maybe some of those tax dollars might actually be going into a system designed to help you. But no you see it as "redistribution" as if all your money (bullshit) is going to be given to the lazy and the inept (again bullshit).
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Spark wrote:

Possibly because you often advocate a system which stamps, smashes or otherwise simply ignores its weak, its less intelligent or less determined, or its unlucky.

Because you are so short sighted that you can't see that maybe some of those tax dollars might actually be going into a system designed to help you. But no you see it as "redistribution" as if all your money (bullshit) is going to be given to the lazy and the inept (again bullshit).
I support a system that helps people help themselves by advocating a country of opportunity and freedom, not govt. dependency. You must define "weak" for me. I define it as those unable to help themselves due to physical handicaps or they are children. I suppose you define the weak as those who are able bodied and minded yet didn't do shit and therefore are now weak.

I pay enough taxes, I want the tax dollars already paid to fund these project more efficiently. I am sick of every  govt. solution to be simply take more money. But this is nothing I have not already said.
Spark
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

Spark wrote:

I support a system that helps people help themselves by advocating a country of opportunity and freedom, not govt. dependency.
I would much prefer that the lower classes and less fortunate were actually able to partake in a country in a useful way and served more than deadweight. Your system will never allow for that.

Because under your system, someone at the bottom who wants to work their way up has minimal chance of doing so. It is near impossible to make something out of nothing, hence why we celebrate so vocally those who can. But for every success story there are thousands who also tried, and also put in as much effort, and got nowhere.

You must define "weak" for me. I define it as those unable to help themselves due to physical handicaps or they are children. I suppose you define the weak as those who are able bodied and minded yet didn't do shit and therefore are now weak.
Weak means those who are incapable of getting enough income to earn what we would describe as an acceptable standard of life. Or those who are physically unable to maintain their standard of life with their income.

You know something? Not everyone who works hard is successful, and not everyone who is successful works hard. "I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither the bread to the wise, nor the riches to the men of understanding, not yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happen to the all" (I only know that because of Politics and the English Language )

I pay enough taxes, I want the tax dollars already paid to fund these project more efficiently. I am sick of every  govt. solution to be simply take more money. But this is nothing I have not already said.
When was the last time your taxes were raised (and I mean the actual rate in your bracket raised, bracket creep aside) in a substantial manner?
~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Spark wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spark wrote:

I support a system that helps people help themselves by advocating a country of opportunity and freedom, not govt. dependency.
I would much prefer that the lower classes and less fortunate were actually able to partake in a country in a useful way and served more than deadweight. Your system will never allow for that.

Because under your system, someone at the bottom who wants to work their way up has minimal chance of doing so. It is near impossible to make something out of nothing, hence why we celebrate so vocally those who can. But for every success story there are thousands who also tried, and also put in as much effort, and got nowhere.

You must define "weak" for me. I define it as those unable to help themselves due to physical handicaps or they are children. I suppose you define the weak as those who are able bodied and minded yet didn't do shit and therefore are now weak.
Weak means those who are incapable of getting enough income to earn what we would describe as an acceptable standard of life. Or those who are physically unable to maintain their standard of life with their income.

You know something? Not everyone who works hard is successful, and not everyone who is successful works hard. "I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither the bread to the wise, nor the riches to the men of understanding, not yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happen to the all" (I only know that because of Politics and the English Language )

When was the last time your taxes were raised (and I mean the actual rate in your bracket raised, bracket creep aside) in a substantial manner?
"Less fortunate", here we go again with the mystical terminology of furtune and luck. I am not "fortunate", what I have I MADE happen. Furtune or luck had nothing to do with it. I suppose if I didn't learn my trade, or bother putting forth an effort I to can claim "unfortunate" status, under your system. Fuck that.

You are correct, life is not fair.Never has been. Get over it.

Where do you wantt ot start? My property tax?, the deductions that can no longer be claimed if Obama gets his way? School levies? the price of gas? my bailout tax dollars? the tax coming my way to pay for Obamacare?  The pay cut my wife took as a teacher? The Social security that I pay and will never see? Where exacty do you want to start to look into how more money keeps coming out of my wallet?
Spark
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

Spark wrote:

lowing wrote:

"Less fortunate", here we go again with the mystical terminology of furtune and luck. I am not "fortunate", what I have I MADE happen. Furtune or luck had nothing to do with it. I suppose if I didn't learn my trade, or bother putting forth an effort I to can claim "unfortunate" status, under your system. Fuck that.
Again you assume that success is guaranteed if you work hard, but it isn't. And bullshit you didn't get any luck - you were lucky to be born in the richest country on the planet, lucky to have parents who presumably weren't drug addicts, lucky to go to a school that actually bothered to teach you (presumably), all kinds of lucky breaks that you don't see because you take them for granted.

So let's not make things worse than they are - or do you like having a paralysed, angry underclass of millions beneath you?

Where do you wantt ot start? My property tax?, the deductions that can no longer be claimed if Obama gets his way?
What, so they were actually raised recently without any justification?

School levies?
I thought you were fine paying for an education.
the price of gas?
is a market price, not a tax. And when you start paying five, six or seven dollars a gallon, then you can start complaining to me about gas prices.
my bailout tax dollars?
Have they actually raised your taxes? And see the other thread - stimulus and bailouts may not be pretty but they're damned effective.
the tax coming my way to pay for Obamacare?
You've seen a tax in the legislation?  
The pay cut my wife took as a teacher? The Social security that I pay and will never see? Where exacty do you want to start to look into how more money keeps coming out of my wallet?
I asked for tax raises.

Last edited by Spark (2009-10-21 21:35:32)

~ Richard Feynman
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6667|USA

Spark wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spark wrote:

lowing wrote:

Again you assume that success is guaranteed if you work hard, but it isn't. And bullshit you didn't get any luck - you were lucky to be born in the richest country on the planet, lucky to have parents who presumably weren't drug addicts, lucky to go to a school that actually bothered to teach you (presumably), all kinds of lucky breaks that you don't see because you take them for granted.

So let's not make things worse than they are - or do you like having a paralysed, angry underclass of millions beneath you?

Where do you wantt ot start? My property tax?, the deductions that can no longer be claimed if Obama gets his way?
What, so they were actually raised recently without any justification?

School levies?
I thought you were fine paying for an education.
the price of gas?
is a market price, not a tax. And when you start paying five, six or seven dollars a gallon, then you can start complaining to me about gas prices.
my bailout tax dollars?
Have they actually raised your taxes? And see the other thread - stimulus and bailouts may not be pretty but they're damned effective.
the tax coming my way to pay for Obamacare?
You've seen a tax in the legislation?  
The pay cut my wife took as a teacher? The Social security that I pay and will never see? Where exacty do you want to start to look into how more money keeps coming out of my wallet?
I asked for tax raises.
Luck or fortune has got nothing to do with my situation Spark. I built my life. No one else did. and please stop with the endless what ifs about how my life could have been if a caveman pullled the wings off a fly, the ncall it luck. I adapted to every situation thrown at me, and believe me, I have had some bad ones.

I leave it up to the freedom of the people to make things better for themselves not govt. Ya see, I believe it is the the people that makes our country great, not our govt.

Will you please stop. My income is being bombarded with bullshit and it is getting worse, especially if Obama gets his way. this is the point.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6826|Nårvei

Grey=Compromise ... most often a good mix of our and your views

And on what grounds do liberals fail in life lowing? ... most people I know are liberals and they have excelled in their lives, good jobs and steady families ... on the other hand most die hard conservatives I know have poor jobs, are usually single and reap the welfare system more than average ... then again I do know some very decent cons and some bad apple libs ...

Hm ... guess that means your political views doesn't really reflect failure or success does it?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6643|Canada

lowing wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I was speaking in general terms with the cover your failure comment, and you know it.

Get back with me when you have a mortgage, a wife and children you are trying to raise and all of your efforts are being politicized in an attempt to re-distribute it to those that have not worked. By the way, 25 hours is not a full time job.

Anyway, care to dispute what I posted? Start with how all decisions and laws must be "grey" in order to cover the "grey" issues, thus creating laws not equal to all citizens, but laws tailored made depending on who you are and what your situation is. By all means, argue your endrosement of this system. then we can talk about the "fairness" of such a "grey area" legal system
Again, if you actually read my posts, you wouldve read :

destruktion_6143 wrote:

I work25hrs part time on top of a 60+hr school week.
I worked fulltime for 2 yrs before school (44+ hr a week)

Also: my analogy you keep misunderstanding about black and white was, and still is, the term liberal and conservative.

Liberals as well as conservatives have varying degrees of ideologies within them. But you see it as ALL LIBERALS ARE FAR LEFT SOCIALIST THIEVES.

maybe some liberals you know, or that are in power are like that. But not ALL liberals are, which is where you fail to see the point.

Eg: https://humanknowledge.net/PoliticalSpace.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard