ATG
Banned
+5,233|6526|Global Command
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/nation … 6680.story

The plan, which would guide Florida hospitals on how to ration scarce medical care during a severe flu outbreak, also calls for doctors to remove patients with poor prognoses from ventilators to treat those who have better chances of surviving. That decision would be made by the hospital.

* cough cough * This swine flu is nothing more than an excuse to start really, really bad things.
The kind of things Germany did during Hitlers time.

slow news day
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6497|so randum
you're linking swine flu to the propaganda scares the Nazis started to run from 1936 onwards?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America
It's not like you have to worry about there being a huge pandemic, so don't get your britches in a knot just yet. It's just another H5N1, SARS, Y2K...all those things that were supposed to wipe out humanity before.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6560|British Columbia, Canada
People are going to be dieing left and right anyways if a pandemic was to ever get that bad.

Survival of the fittest.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6516|Montucky
Zombie Apocalypse FTW.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6714
The one question i have is.... If they can't organize vaccines quick enough and already announced delays... How the heck will they be able to run
all healthcare?
Love is the answer
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5699|College Park, MD

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

The one question i have is.... If they can't organize vaccines quick enough and already announced delays... How the heck will they be able to run
all healthcare?
To be fair, the vaccine only finished production and testing this month (or maybe it was last month)
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America
It's not even like this is the federal government, it's the Florida Dept. of Health. Even in the extremely unlikely event this plan goes into action, they're doing it to save the most lives possible with the resources that they would have.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

itt:

ATG doesn't know what a "severe flu outbreak" of a pandemic means.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Wreckognize
+294|6482
Godwin's law fail right off the bat.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5992|Truthistan
Swine flu is nasty
Me and my family have had it now for a little over a week, I'm finally starting to clear up, but the after the flu part, it goes down deep into the lungs. Two days ago I was huffing and puffing like someone who had smoked for 300 years. If I had an illness or obese, I think I would have ended up in the hospital.

Anyway, the kid got tamiflu, and that beat the flu within 24 hours. Doctor wasn't to interested in giving me a perscription and I paid for it with this lung thing. And speaking of paying, the kids tamiflu was $63 and that was with good insurance... makes you wonder what the insurance is paying and how much the paramaceutical companies are gouging for the stuff.

IMO get the tamiflu, demand it from the doctor because they might not have ventalator for you if you need it.
Gotta love this private health system. /sarcasm

I should print up some T-shirt front "I survived for profit medicine" back "and I have the bills to prove it - Swine flu tour '09"
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS
tamiflu is good - we don't have anywhere near enough to deal with a pandemic though.

63 bucks - ouch. that's why you need a well funded pbs.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6672|Canberra, AUS

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

all healthcare?
To be fair, the vaccine only finished production and testing this month (or maybe it was last month)
The vaccine has been in place here for about a month. So far I haven't heard hysterical reports of permanent horrible side effects, so that's a good sign.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
13rin
+977|6477
See that's why the government needs to run health care.  They'd never ration...
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6624|Canada

S3v3N wrote:

Zombie Apocalypse FTW.
Im ready. Hopefully our governments are ready to enact their version of the Redeker Plan.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6340|California

S3v3N wrote:

Piggie Apocalypse FTW.
Fixed
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England
Has anyone on this forum had it?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Wonderful, now we can all get federally-mandated shots and end up like that Redskins cheerleader
ghettoperson
+1,943|6647

Mekstizzle wrote:

Probably, I figure most people at uni have had it instead of freshers flu.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398

Mekstizzle wrote:

someone in our office did.  she is fine now.
Narupug
Fodder Mostly
+150|5594|Vacationland

Mekstizzle wrote:

I have a suspected case, I just got back from seeing the doctor and the labs will take a week to confirm.  In the mean time I'm on Tamiflu, no copay whatsoever.  I got it within the 48 hour window so I shouldn't have it as bad as I would had I not gotten Tamiflu
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York

Mekstizzle wrote:

Yep...it lasted 3 days and I was over it after being given TamiFlu.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

Poseidon wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Yep...it lasted 3 days and I was over it after being given TamiFlu.
But they said we all need to take crippling vaccines! Surely you lie, how could a time-tested antiviral drug be effective at all?!???
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6777|Great Brown North
but but but it's a pandemic and will kill everyone! unless you take this rushed and untested vaccine which has a high chance of killing you

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard