King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

I am MacGuyver so... these responses are entertaining.

Donnie, you'll see all my tricks when you get here. It's mostly a combination of Ancient Chinese Secrets and Old Indian Tricks.

Meh, I get by...
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

ATG wrote:

My wife locked her keys in her car.
I had some scrap sheet metal and a pair of tin snips. I cut a slim jim and hand the door open faster than she could dial AAA.
Ex car thief alert!
Lai
+186|6121
Once in Greece we stopped by a shop that sold cute little chocolate icecream cones. Two of my (lady) friends stayed at the base camp and at least one of them had a real cacao fetish. Problem was that it was 40 degrees celsius and base camp was a twenty minute drive into the mountains in an old van of which we were not allowed to use the airco. The only thing I had were some bags with biscuits, my woolen hat and shemagh, and a isolated bottle filled with water. I asked the Greek shop servant to place the cones in a small container (for cream icecream or olives), placed the container in one of the plastic bags which held cookies, placed the bag tied shut in the other bag, filled that bag with the kept-cool water and tied it shut. Placed it on the backseat wrapped in my shemagh and covered by my woolen hat. Improvised fridge worked fine, icecream cones came out perfect!

A few weeks ago it was getting late, rather dusky and clouded, despite the clear skied during the day. I intended to BBQ and had no plan B, so I decided to get going before it would start pouring. It never did, but my BBQ, which I hadn't touched during winter, had rusted clean through. I fired up an old fire basket, placed the grill of my deceased BBQ on top upside down, covered by the lit. Since the basket was naturally higher, my lamb didn't blacken, despite the basket firing vigourously. I need to add coal constantly through the sides as they burned way too fast, but my lamb came out beautifull with a perfect smoke tone

Probably a lot more, which I can't recall directly (it's passed 0:30 here and I want to sleep). E.g. I can forge my own broadhead arrowpoints from any average nail in any average kitchen.

Last edited by Lai (2009-05-26 15:37:36)

GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5902|CA
Once, I found myself in a hotel room far from any store with only my luggage and a bag of weed.  However, I did not have any papers or pipes on me.  I thought "WWJD", which of course reminded me of the bible.  I quickly located it, and using only page 4000-something or other, some saliva, and my ingenuity I constructed a marijuana cigarette.  Praise Jesus.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6635|NT, like Mick Dundee

GravyDan wrote:

Once, I found myself in a hotel room far from any store with only my luggage and a bag of weed.  However, I did not have any papers or pipes on me.  I thought "WWJD", which of course reminded me of the bible.  I quickly located it, and using only page 4000-something or other, some saliva, and my ingenuity I constructed a marijuana cigarette.  Praise Jesus.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6488|Montucky

King_County_Downy wrote:

I am MacGuyver so... these responses are entertaining.

Donnie, you'll see all my tricks when you get here. It's mostly a combination of Ancient Chinese Secrets and Old Indian Tricks.

Meh, I get by...
Well Sir, I use Ancient Chinese Secrets, Old Indian Tricks, Marine Corps Wisdom (100mph tape and 550 Cord), Cowboy Fixit and Negro Rigged.
*edit* Forgot about "Farmerised"

I am MacGuyver.

Even at work I'm excepted to fix years of fuckups with dirt, concrete and some wood.

Last edited by S3v3N (2009-05-26 17:09:07)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6597|UK
I just made a hook to hang my coat (and other clothing items) on from a key ring. Magic tbh.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
making a parachute out of Thornton's underpants

Last edited by .Sup (2009-05-27 06:09:13)

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

Peter wrote:

I once opened a bottle of beer with a sheet of paper
I've opened a few bottles of beer with MacBook Pro top cases.

Constucted a solar/wind power generator for my shed/barn at my house in France. Not as fancy as it sounds - the solar part just heats water, the wind part just drives a dynamo type setup.

Knocked up a PSU for a computer once too. Didn't last that long though, only a month or so.

GravyDan wrote:

I've done that too. Using one of the Gideons bibles they hand out free at Glastonbury. Wasn't that bad. Those pages are nice and thin.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

Bertster7 wrote:

GravyDan wrote:

I've done that too. Using one of the Gideons bibles they hand out free at Glastonbury. Wasn't that bad. Those pages are nice and thin.
I agree.

When I was 17 (back in 1997), I was hanging out at a friends place over night. Money was tight, shops were closed (sunday), cigarettes were out, the age limit was (and is still) 18 and we were in dire need of a smoke.

My friend had a habit of collecting different cigarette boxes. You know as some people collect coasters, coins or even bottle caps. In every box, there was a tiny amount of dried up tobacco that had fallen off from the cigs that once were there. We emptied all of the boxes (maybe 50 of them) to get enough tobacco for one fag.

For paper, we used a page from a hymnbook, for filtration some toiletpaper rolled and cut to size. Rolled it up, kept it together with a piece of tape in the filter end and lit up. The preparations took about 20 minutes (emptying the boxes, finding good paper and finally making the thing), smoking the ultra-dried tobacco took about 45 seconds.

The nastiest and most rememberable smoke I've ever had, but it really hit the spot.
I need around tree fiddy.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
I was talking to someone on the cordless phone when my boyz started to itch. The conversation was going nowhere so I used the phone's antenna  to scratch my boyz. It felt good too I have to admit.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5954|Perth, Australia
Me and my old man got locked out of his house one day and with no spare key we had to climb up onto his roof with a drill and undo many tech-screws to remove one of the tin sheets and climb in through the roof.

It happened again once more before he decided to get a spare key
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6372|dm_maidenhead

DonFck wrote:

Peter wrote:

I once opened a bottle of beer with a sheet of paper
Hardcore. Explain or it didn't happen.
Keep folding until you can't. Then just repeat the lighter trick
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

I thought this was pretty MacGyver of myself. I fabricated a.. ..umm.. ..smoking device which bases itself on water filtration / cooling out of the following material (yes, a bong):

1x 25W standard lightbulb, clear
1x 12V blinker bulb
2x rubber grommets
1x ~7cm long 5mm (3mm inner) aluminium tube

Still need an inner bowl for it.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Sssoo you built a bong?

Ah! You sneaky non-visible-editer you.

Last edited by Ultrafunkula (2009-10-19 00:56:16)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Sssoo you built a bong?
I did, and it's pretty. But I've done nothing legally questionable with it, you know.

Might go shopping here today
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5901|Somewhere out in Space
Totally used a shoe as a method to unstick a baseball from a fence, am i cool yet?
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California
One time I made a bong from a snorkel, a bottle cap, a thimble, a roll of duct tape and a spring.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

Where does the spring come in?

Oh, btw:

https://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9582/theedison.jpg

The "Edison" without the inner bowl.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6384|Finland

When I was too lazy to push a button on motherboard to turn on my PC, so I just used car keys.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

DonFck wrote:

Where does the spring come in?

Oh, btw:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/9582/theedison.jpg

The "Edison" without the inner bowl.
It was a long time ago when we were "kids"... but it worked.

The thimble fit pretty well inside the spring, and wrapped in duct tape the spring formed a tube, which went down to a hole punched in the tube part of the snorkel. Mouth piece of snorkel was ripped off, and covered with a bottle cap. The whole thing worked pretty well actually, well for what it was at least.

We also made a "hooka" pipe out of a stethoscope (no water, but two person).

Think this one wins though :
When I was a kid we used to like to crack open fireworks, and make bigger, louder fireworks...
I used to make an electronic fuse by cracking open Christmas lights (the little ones) so that the fillament was exposed to the gun powder, and when you "turned on" the light it would burn out.

I then broke open a remote control car I had, stripped out the circuit board and battery and put them in a little box with two screw sticking out for electrical contacts. I cut out the motor and attached the wires to the screws. Then I hooked the Christmas light ignitor up to the contacts. When you took the remote and pressed forward it would try to power the electric motor and burn out the light bulb instead setting off the fireworks we hooked up to it. Home made remote detonator from kids toys and holiday decorations
Worked well, but not that big of a range.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6242
I HAVE to try this
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

I HAVE to try this
Try what?
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

DonFck wrote:

Metal-Eater-GR wrote:

I HAVE to try this
Try what?
Terrorism.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

VicktorVauhn wrote:

I then broke open a remote control car I had, stripped out the circuit board and battery and put them in a little box with two screw sticking out for electrical contacts. I cut out the motor and attached the wires to the screws. Then I hooked the Christmas light ignitor up to the contacts. When you took the remote and pressed forward it would try to power the electric motor and burn out the light bulb instead setting off the fireworks we hooked up to it. Home made remote detonator from kids toys and holiday decorations
Worked well, but not that big of a range.

Tyler Durden wrote:

That's right. One can make all kinds of explosives using simple household items.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard