Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6361

FatherTed wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

No, you do need one, it's fucked up.
D:
Same in Austria. Bitches caught me with my pants down, knocked on my door the day I fucken moved!! THE DAY I MOVED OUT!! bitches.

I actually don´t mind paying if the program is good. In germany the tc is rather medicre, but the news are very good. Radio´s are magnificent without adverts and got great program. But in austria, radio and TV are horrendous shit, so paying them makes me sadface.
I stopped watching tv except for the occasional film or the odd hour a week and I listen to german radios online. Well invested money I guess...
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Idlewild
Disrupted Logic
+71|6345|Londawn
4od has saved me from hours of boredom the last couple of weeks, really is a godsend.
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6614|England

The Sheriff wrote:

No, you don't. You only need one if you watch live shows online, OR if your computer is capable of receiving a direct TV signal (which most people don't have).

You do need one if you own a TV capable of receiving a signal though (TOP TIP: hide your aerial/cables, they aren't allowed to search your draws).

Last edited by rh27 (2009-10-19 04:44:47)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6599|SE London

rh27 wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

No, you don't. You only need one if you watch live shows online, OR if your computer is capable of receiving a direct TV signal (which most people don't have).

You do need one if you own a TV capable of receiving a signal though (TOP TIP: hide your aerial/cables, they aren't allowed to search your draws).
That was true. Up until 2006 (World Cup was when the rules changed because of all the live streaming). You're a bit out of date.

It has all changed with iPlayer - which gives such widespread live TV viewing capability. If they can tie your IP to iPlayer (which is classed as a live TV viewing service), which they can easily do if you've ever used it (or anyone you live with has), then they can prosecute you.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2009-10-19 13:43:27)

TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6637|Mhz

Hmm only time I've come across needing a TV license for a PC was my mate at uni, they provided him with a TV license for free (in hindsight I guess it's because so many students were getting fucked over by the new rules) and the uni network gave them access to all Freeview digital TV channels on their puter, quite smart really.  I always figured he only needed the license because of the digital TV service they were giving him, seems not.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard