Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6218|Winland

Finray wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Finray wrote:

My Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse 3.0 is 400dpi.

Rofl. No wonder in games my sensetivity is around half.
Unless you fuck with the settings, higher DPI means the cursor will move faster. Just FYI.
Yeah, so if I have a lower DPI, it means I have to put the sensetivity up in games.

Also, does having a higher DPI mean, for example, if you're scoped in a rifle, you can adjust your aim better? It's hard to explain, but I move the mouse as little as possible, the it moves the crosshair by about a pixel or two or whatever, does having a higher DPI mean you can move it in smaller amounts?
Higher DPI means that you can achieve faster 1:1 pointer movement. If you move your mouse a certain distance with 2000DPI, it will move further than the same mouse movement at 1000DPI. If you want the 2000 to move as far as the 1000, you need to lower your mouse sensitivity, which can be seen as "more precision".

In my eyes, however, lowering mouse sensitivity is just as bad as raising it. They involve adding to or ignoring mouse movement.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
warhero1
Eon8 failure:O
+12|6468

SpIk3y wrote:

warhero1 wrote:

G35 FINALLY released.  Ordered it direct from logitech.
Let us know how it is, i'm really curious.
Will do, hopefully it gets here by the end of the week.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6332

Logitech G110

https://imgur.com/DGCX2.jpg

Logitech's more basic counterpart to the ridiculous G19 gaming keyboard, the G110 is screenless, playing up custom lighting with "red, blue, or pretty much any shade of purple you can imagine." Mostly, I'm glad they finally integrated some headset jacks.

The price you pay is that it's got a single hi-speed USB port instead of a pair, which has been de rigeur on gaming keyboards lately. And of course, it's got space for 36 macros. It's $80, and works with PC or Mac.
Sounds much more reasonable than $220 or however expensive the G19 is.

Source

Last edited by ebug9 (2009-10-15 09:54:16)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard