Nah
+718|6492|Austin, Texas

presidentsheep wrote:

Bevo wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

i'm 6"1, 16 years old and i weigh 8 stone
6'1, 112 lbs?

wtf

that's unhealthy. Like i'm 2 in shorter and 20 lbs heavier and im very thin.
Thin for an American?
*insert picture of fat american stereotype here*
https://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs202.snc1/6920_1236581028323_1043149234_30737714_4189741_n.jpg

this thin
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6513|Texas - Bigger than France
Stop shooting heroin
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663

max wrote:

Drink beer, eat deep-fried stuff, eat sweets. Worked for me ... sadly
Sweets deep fried in beer. Go go go.
Chou
+737|6762
Wake up, eat lots of pancakes, get fat fast.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black

presidentsheep wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

I work out, 2 times a week, for 1 hour, I'm already strong, strength is not my problem.

What kind of weight gainer shakes? Protein?
I'm like 5'11" and weigh 8 1/2 stone. Tried the protein shakes and gym etc, made no difference, went to the doctor to ask if it was a problem and he said it was just the way I was built.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm 5'9" and 147 lb.. And I think I'm skinny as fuck
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6727|Scotland

Bevo wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Eat lots of bread, cheese, pasta, rice, red meat.
ed: im sitting at 5'11 135lb. bench 155, 6 minute mile, no idea on squat/lunge since i have no workout buddy.
You're still quite light.....

Look. The best way to do this is 5x 30-45 minutes workouts during the week. Leave 2 days rest, or if you want hardcore, then 1.

Stay away from Cardio, your metabolism is way too high for you to be concentrating on running miles and stuff.

Just do strength training, which will give you more muscle which will in turn give you more weight. You aren't quite strong (this is directed at Brad) simply because your weight shows you have barely any muscle mass.

Also, strength training means large heavy weight, even if you can only do a few reps. Doing several reps of the smaller ones wont do anything for increased size (which = increased weight).

My advice? Grab some weight gain stuff. Yeah, it's probably a long shot with your metabolism, but always worth a shot.
I always go for Optimum Nutrition or PHD Synergy stuff, but as PHD doesn't have a gainer, then ON is best.
http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/s … sp?id=4662 <- yes, it's a british store, but there are thousands of US stores that sell it. It's huge.

That stuff should be good for you. And no, it wont give you the shits or anything else. They're the only two brands that actually do what they say they do without tasting like fart and vomit.

Start the day with either eggs or porridge, eat a large lunch, make sure it's full of protein, but balance it with fruit and veg. Snack. You don't need to snack unhealthily, just snack. Your body will get into a routine where it needs more food and will put on weight because of it. Now, there are some people that just cannot gain weight in any shape or form till their metabolism slows down, but you can at least try.

Everyone here working in stone and pounds, fuck sake. Work in kilograms you assholes, it's the universal unit of mass.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
reason to gain weight?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6703|St. Andrews / Oslo

Zimmer wrote:

Work in kilograms you assholes, it's the universal unit of mass.
werd.

Also, centimeters.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6727|Scotland

.Sup wrote:

reason to gain weight?
Why not? He's skinny and wants to gain some mass...
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6416|EE Chat
Wake up in the middle of the night and eat a PBJ sandwich, couple of my friends for football did  that and they gained weight fast.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6707|Salt Lake City

Normal kids your age just have naturally high metabolisms.  If you are active at all and don't just eat fatty junk food, you will find it difficult to add weight.  I weighed 130-135 pounds, eating as much of whatever I wanted, until I was about 25 and then gained some weight.  At about 30 I gained more.  At 40 I have to be careful what and how much I eat or I could balloon rather easily. I currently run 180 pounds...Oh, and I'm 5' 11"

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2009-10-14 14:44:39)

.Sup
be nice

Zimmer wrote:

.Sup wrote:

reason to gain weight?
Why not? He's skinny and wants to gain some mass...
Being skinny is a reason to gain weight? I'm skinny too, I thought he has a good reason or something. Most people would like to loose weight not gain it.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Zimmer what qualifications or training do you have in this sort of thing?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6492|Austin, Texas
@zim: yer, I said I tried to gain weight and wasn't committed enough, so I didn't gain any. It was just a reference.

I run because I want to. I walk about 25 miles a week, so trying to gain weight is fairly trivial.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6538|NYC / Hamburg

Superior Mind wrote:

max wrote:

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

max wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

max wrote:

oh, and the sound you just heard? it was Finray shooting himself in the foot.

Last edited by burnzz (2009-10-14 14:49:59)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6592|London, England
If you guys are questioning the dude's intentions to gain weight, just realise that being 170cm and 48kg is really ridiculously underweight.

That's a BMI of 16.6. Where 18.5 is the minimum for being considered healthy.

Yeah yeah I know all the ifs and buts of using BMI, but as a quick reference, that alone should make you realise just how underweight this kid is. He really does need to gain weight.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6489|USA

zimmer wrote:

Stay away from Cardio, your metabolism is way too high for you to be concentrating on running miles and stuff.
disagree. sort of.
stay away from long slow-twitch, "fat-burning zone" type runs.
do explosive runs (intervals, fartleks, short ruck runs) to balance your weight training.
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5691|Gulf Coast

Just wait about 15 years, gaining weight will be easy by then.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX
You're 16, you're not supposed to be fat.
Just remember, every kilo you add now will be 5 you can't lose when you're 35.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

zimmer wrote:

disagree. sort of.
do explosive runs (intervals, fartleks, short ruck runs) to balance your weight training.
Nah, I'm with Zimmer. Even Intervals/fartlets (never heard of short ruck runs) can be used to train CRE (cardio-respiritory endurance) which is one of the best ways of burning fat.

To gain strenth, you want to train Monday, Wednesday and Friday. High intensity, low duration.

Doing 3 sets of 20 5kg reps won't build muscle. Doing 3 sets of 5 10kg reps will.

Here's a secret for you: don't bash out the reps as fast as possible. (assuming you're using dumbells for bicep curls) SLOWLY curl the weight up, really really slowly, whilst stressing your muscle to maybe 80-90% of it's max lift.

So long as you're stressing your muscle like that, fibers will tear, and new ones will regrow. The more you tear, the more regrow, the bigger your muscles get.

As far as the dietry side of things go, idk lolz.
.Sup
be nice

Dilbert_X wrote:

I agree with Dilbert, sir

Last edited by .Sup (2009-10-14 15:04:24)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

At your age I weighed and measured about the same, now I'm 180cm and 67kg which is just a little below weight, (under fat according to some health/fitness test I took the other day, bone density is fine, even muscle is apparently ideal which surprised me to be honest,) all in all I'm pretty good. If you want to gain weight do it by gaining muscle, other than that just don't care about what you eat - which you're already doing.

Ahh, it's good to have genetics working on your side.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6727|Scotland

Dilbert_X wrote:

It's not about being fat, it's about having some weight on your body and not being a skinny runt.

You can easily watch your weight once your metabolism slows down if you just keep exercising and looking after what you eat, which of course, gets much harder once you start working. You get slack and then put on the kilos (note I didn't say pounds) but if you want to keep a regime, then you can keep your weight.

He's incredibly skinny and light for his age and it makes him feel uneasy (at least, I am guessing that). Confidence levels are much greater if you know you have a bit of mass to throw around and can't get picked up by the wind. It's not about wanting to be fat or be heavy, it's about wanting to be a decent weight and size.

I used to be really skinny as well, and now I can put on body mass easily with exercise whilst keeping it all healthy. I can also lose weight when I need to.

Gaining mass and muscle is all about discipline. The instant you start leaving a day or two behind on your training, that's when you will lose out. Sometimes it's hard, and sometimes you're tired, but as long as you keep at it, your body will respond positively.

@ Coronado: I disagree, as long as he wants to gain mass and not be "toned and fit", he doesn't need to do short bursts and sprints. He can leave that out till he's noticed a difference in weight, and then he can start balancing. At his age, it wont be a problem not balancing the weight training properly, and I'm sure as he's still in school and stuff, he'll be doing normal sports as well, which will balance it out anyway.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6727|Scotland

Finray wrote:

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

zimmer wrote:

disagree. sort of.
So long as you're stressing your muscle like that, fibers will tear, and new ones will regrow. The more you tear, the more regrow, the bigger your muscles get.
This is only true if you eat the right things to allow your muscle tissue to repair. The more you tear without eating good protein + carbs in the 15 minutes after your workout, the more you will fuck up your muscles. If you don't feed them after a hard workout, they will go into catabolic state and lose mass instead of gaining any. There are lots of people who think that doing lots of exercise and then eating a good meal later on in the day is going to help. It wont. You need to feed the muscles as soon as you stop your workout, when you still feel them burning, if you don't, all you are doing is hurting them.

It's also good to take a large intake of protein and carbs (slow ones, in comparison to fast ones post-workout) about 60-90 minutes before workout to prepare the muscles. I mean, if you have a meal or something 60-90 minutes before, then that's fine, but I find it very good to take something specifically for the workout.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard