ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5416|Athens, GA
nice, ken
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin

Poseidon wrote:

yeah normally teams not in the playoffs aren't doing good..
I haven't really been up to date with baseball, so excuse me.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

Here's hoping for a Freeway Series
I think the Angels will have their hands full with the Yankees though So I hope the Twins can beat them.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
Have been playing since I was 6
Adams_BJ

mtb0minime wrote:

I think the Angels will have their hands full with the Yankees though So I hope the Twins can beat them.
Twins had a bad running game and made too many mistakes, Yankees like to punish mistakes.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6282|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

somebody, please

do the mets a favor and kill the yanks and phils

thx
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Adams_BJ
Can it be after I finish watching this philies/rockies game? bottom of the 9th and 2 out just don't push the button yet.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6282|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

Adams_BJ wrote:

Can it be after I finish watching this philies/rockies game? bottom of the 9th and 2 out just don't push the button yet.
i was going for more of a metaphorical playoff kill, but i guess physical kill will suffice as well
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Adams_BJ
Caught at 7, ok you can do it now.

Oh.. metaphorical.. that works too I guess.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

Adams_BJ wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Twins had a bad running game and made too many mistakes, Yankees like to punish mistakes.
Exactly.

I was hoping the Angels would have an easier time
Gonna be a tough one up against the Yanks
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6530|Long Island, New York

cowami wrote:

somebody, please

do the mets a favor and kill the yanks and phils

thx
lololol, i feel so bad for you guys...i know how you feel being an Islanders fan in the shadow of the Rangers, but atleast the Rangers suck too

mtb0minime wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Exactly.

I was hoping the Angels would have an easier time
Gonna be a tough one up against the Yanks
funny, we're all thinking the same thing

I can't really hate the Angels though. They made "Sox Nation" cry.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

Haha that was one of the best games I've watched in a while.  And I said the same thing about Friday's game.  I love watching the life get sucked out of Boston fans.  Time to take off your sweat-stained Boston hat that you've had since you were 10 and go drown yourselves in Chowwwwdaaa!

Seriously though, is there some kind of award the Red Sox give to the fan with the oldest, crustiest, most faded hat?  It's borderline ridiculous.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5416|Athens, GA
ha i was getting worried about you ken. yes, boston fans are the biggest douches in the world. since the majority of phish fans are from the northeast, there are thousands of sox fans at every show i go to. my friend and i make it a point to talk as much shit to them as possible
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
it's because Boston teams go through long periods of sucking and then short periods of being good

The 90's were terrible for Boston sports. Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins all sucked or were mediocre. Then 2004 hit and they all had their egos stroked.

Now they're all starting to suck again and they're more angsty than ever.
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5924|Somewhere out in Space

Poseidon wrote:

ICCULUS wrote:

sorry your team has to spend $1,000,000,000,000,000/yr to not suck
atleast we spend it well unlike another NY team that shall not be named

-glares at cowami-

and a lot of our players (Jeter, Rivera, Pettite, Posada, Cabrera, Cano, Joba) are homegrown so fail more wat
so uh, who among them arent home grown from 15-so years ago?

Cano.  Thats nice, the average team gets a good draft pick every couple of years.  Cabrera is average at best, and Joba is a broken pitcher who got to enjoy a failed attempt at the rotation.  Now he has no fastball, no control, is stone-dumb when it comes to knowing how to pitch, and is fragile as glass.  I'd take Phil Hughes in any situation over him.  Would you like me to discuss failed starter's again in that case?  But don't worry, with naive little sheep like you filling up the next Coors field the Bankees will have enough cash to replace him with another overpriced free agent who will vastly underperform his contract.  Speaking of which, how about that AJ Burnett eh?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

Kind of dumb to say he underperformed on his contract after his first year as a Yankee (and the season isn't even over yet).  Give him another 2 years and then make a judgement.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

ICCULUS wrote:

sorry your team has to spend $1,000,000,000,000,000/yr to not suck

-glares at cowami-

and a lot of our players (Jeter, Rivera, Pettite, Posada, Cabrera, Cano, Joba) are homegrown so fail more wat

Cano.  Thats nice, the average team gets a good draft pick every couple of years.  Cabrera is average at best, and Joba is a broken pitcher who got to enjoy a failed attempt at the rotation.  Now he has no fastball, no control, is stone-dumb when it comes to knowing how to pitch, and is fragile as glass.  I'd take Phil Hughes in any situation over him.  Would you like me to discuss failed starter's again in that case?  But don't worry, with naive little sheep like you filling up the next Coors field the Bankees will have enough cash to replace him with another overpriced free agent who will vastly underperform his contract.  Speaking of which, how about that AJ Burnett eh?
lolumad

i'm thinking it's pretty clear you really don't have much of an argument...especially when you admit Cano is good, and leave out Posada, Jeter and Rivera...the latter two are in the top 5 of all time (and in Rivera's case, #1) of their respective positions

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-10-13 13:16:10)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5924|Somewhere out in Space

Poseidon wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

-glares at cowami-

lolumad

i'm thinking it's pretty clear you really don't have much of an argument...especially when you admit Cano is good, and leave out Posada, Jeter and Rivera...the latter two are in the top 5 of all time (and in Rivera's case, #1) of their respective positions
You beat around the bush, i asked how many of your star players aren't from a draft class that was 15+ years ago.  You know, back when the Yankees did suck and they had to draft players to improve.  You have one, kind of like every other team.  You didn't say anything about the other 2, so i guess you agree with the analysis.
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6768
my Phillies gettin it done!
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

N00bkilla55404 wrote:

lolumad

You beat around the bush, i asked how many of your star players aren't from a draft class that was 15+ years ago.  You know, back when the Yankees did suck and they had to draft players to improve.  You have one, kind of like every other team.  You didn't say anything about the other 2, so i guess you agree with the analysis.
the hell does the year they were drafted matter? they're major players on the team and have been for many years (in terms of Jeter, Pettite and Rivera atleast). Jeter and Rivera are almost definitely going to the hall, but suddenly because they were drafted in the 90's they don't matter? rofl...grasping at straws is always fun

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/teams/nyy/depthchart

4/9 homegrown, 1 brought in, 4/9 FAs.

pretty sure you're just looking for an argument that's not there...that or you're jealous. i'll take the latter

Last edited by Poseidon (2009-10-13 19:01:31)

Adams_BJ
good 5th dig for the dodgers huh
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
suck it ken
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

Poseidon wrote:

suck it ken
i'm down with the Angels - yankees got nothin on them.
Adams_BJ
looks like I just missed it
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
it really helps that a-rod is finally clutch in the playoffs

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard