Poll

What is the most useful class in Bf2? (Any version)

Assault3%3% - 7
Anti-Tank13%13% - 30
Engineer9%9% - 21
Medic43%43% - 99
Support5%5% - 13
Sniper6%6% - 15
SpecOps18%18% - 42
Total: 227
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6793

Elamdri wrote:

blacksheepcannibal wrote:

Overall, Spec Ops is the most *versitile* class. Its damn near a swiss army knife - killing power up close? check. killing power at range? check. sniping? check. anti-tank? check. ability to set traps? check. assault commander assets? check. sure, there are other classes that do one or two of those well, but no class does so many things as well as Spec Ops.

The only thing they cannot do is heal, repair, and resupply.
yeah, but don't forget that spreading your pieces too thin can loose you the game. Specialization is the key.

I would have to say that

Mostly Infantry maps

1. AT (Best all round Fighter)
2. Medic (Obvious)
3. Neer (Still some armor)
4. Support (Obvious)
5. Spec Ops (Swiss-Army Knife)
6. Sniper (Spottin' 'n' Snipin')
7. Assualt (Everyone else can do my job and something else too.)

Mostly Vehicle Maps

1. Neer (Obvious)
2. AT (Obvious)
3. Spec Ops (Obvious)
4. Sniper (I am really good at spotting. But thats about it)
5. Assault (I'm like sniper, except I can't spot real well. However, my nade laucher puts me above the other two)
6. Support
7. Medic
good analysis.  mainly agree with what you say and i like how you broke down infantry and vehicle maps.  its funny but before this thread i never realized that AT was the most useful because everybody hates using it (as proof check out the poll in this thread).
voltage
+46|6852|Sweden
AT is my most used kit but not my favourite. The reason is that most squads lack AT even on maps dominated by vehicles. I'm tired of the locked situations when a tank show up so if there's no AT in the squad I pick that kit. AT is always the kit that's missing, instead you have 3 medics or whatnot.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6793

AT is a thankless kit.  You get killed more than you actually kill.  And when you do manage to blow up a tank or apc all you get is 2 points.  Don't you guys think that an AT that takes down a tank should get more points that a tank whore mowing down helpless medics and snipers?
voltage
+46|6852|Sweden
At least the damage assists should be given more properly, it seems random sometimes.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6601|California U.S.A
Engineer, reasons as follows: 

1.  Most obvious, the ability to repair the random bullet, rocket, grenade, arty, bomb, holes in various vehicles/aircraft/helos. So that the various vehicle/aircraft/helo jockeys can continue without having to ask for a supply crate.

2. AT mines!! The "Big Hairy Sack" (female BF2 players please substitute appropiate heroic/stupid anatomy part)  way to take out enemy armour!!

Honestly, you AT Class with your sraw/eryx launching a godamn rocket from behind a row of sandbags all nice and safe and warm behind your zoomed scope view sipping some freakin' hot chocolate waiting to see if ya hit the tank!! Pussy!! . Plus you AT Classer's even have armour! Geeeeesus H!! KNow what I have for protection!?
   A freakin' Boonie hat, and some virtual 3 days worth of stubble on my face. Not to effective at stopping a 120mm HE round from slammin' into my torso.

Use my method: a) deploy one AT mine into hands in a carrying position
                           b) Run like a sum-a-bitch towards a ENEMY tank
                           c)  AVOID putting your body in a intersecting path of possible large caliber ordinance known to leave the hollow end of said enemy tank's main cannon.
                           d)Open a channel to your squad on the mic and hum Wagner's "Flight of the Valkeryies" while running to Tank.
                           e)Jump onto Tank left click AT mine to leave Mr. Tank driver a one way ticket to his spawn point of choice.
                           f)if your quick you can type "KaBOom!!" on chat
                           g)Jump off of tank, preferably the back part or sides to avoid the tread mark pattern over your ass.

Simple eh??

Yes some of you are already looking at my AT/mines K/d.... yes I do get blown up alot... it's fun... plus I get the 120mm enema alot on the escape away from doomed tank. Or most of the time I just suck and get run over.

Hey i never said it was the best method... that's why i said "Big Hairy Sack"

wtf was I talking about??...

Oh yeah

3. I love hearing the ratchet sound...even though its a fucking cresent wrench

4. Shotguns

5. Boonie hat looks stylish   

6. Feel like a GOD as your rusty ass wrench repairs a C4r'd span of bridge to get your stuck column of armour across the river/ocean.
And not only do get no points or thanks but you have to go back to the video game "Frogger" training to avoid to all the vehicles once they realize the bridge is reapaired.

Yes I know you can repair from inside a vehicle quicker or crawl under a tank and repair. Lotta times there is no space in a vehicle for me to get in. Plus they are not near enough to the destroyed part to get a repair going. Or your Public server "teamates" are like trying to herd cats to get one close enough to get the destroyed span repaired etc. etc.

7. You ever notice how the back view of a engi looks like he's packin a Ghostbuster Proton pack, or a leafblower?

8. Could use that leafblower to blind the GTA style tank jackin' enemy punk when you are trying to repair your shot up, smokin' ass M1 abrams. Just kinda blow some sand into his eyes as he trys to "E" into your tank. Instead of a flashbang white screen your opponent sees knuckles in the view screen rubbing his eyes ... then ya stab the bastard :-)     

Anywhooo first post, been reading this site for about 5 months. Nice to finally say "hey"

Chuy YOU ROCK! great website thank you.

Last edited by Seal 3 (2006-04-13 05:07:55)

superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6793

lol!
88mm
+8|6817
Voted Engineer because they both have an anti-tank role (mines) and can repair tanks (wrench). Medics are also important. Then Anti-tank and Support.

https://www.bf2player.com/sig/45820894-3959.png
djmh1986
+0|6630|Gloucestershire
Theres no point in arguing which solider type is the best! as all of them are equally as good as long as you work as a team. which seems to be a rarity in todays battlefield 2 games!  Anti tank is only good as long as he has the support solider type re supplying him , and same with enginers and snipers. Medics well they just need to follow people round helping where they can. theres nothing worse then a medic stood right next to you and not healing you beacuse he is trying to score some bloody kills!

anyway thats my thoughts on this topic , cheers guys!
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6734|SPARTA

Seal 3 wrote:

Engineer, reasons as follows: 

1.  Most obvious, the ability to repair the random bullet, rocket, grenade, arty, bomb, holes in various vehicles/aircraft/helos. So that the various vehicle/aircraft/helo jockeys can continue without having to ask for a supply crate.

2. AT mines!! The "Big Hairy Sack" (female BF2 players please substitute appropiate heroic/stupid anatomy part)  way to take out enemy armour!!

Honestly, you AT Class with your sraw/eryx launching a godamn rocket from behind a row of sandbags all nice and safe and warm behind your zoomed scope view sipping some freakin' hot chocolate waiting to see if ya hit the tank!! Pussy!! . Plus you AT Classer's even have armour! Geeeeesus H!! KNow what I have for protection!?
   A freakin' Boonie hat, and some virtual 3 days worth of stubble on my face. Not to effective at stopping a 120mm HE round from slammin' into my torso.

Use my method: a) deploy one AT mine into hands in a carrying position
                           b) Run like a sum-a-bitch towards a ENEMY tank
                           c)  AVOID putting your body in a intersecting path of possible large caliber ordinance known to leave the hollow end of said enemy tank's main cannon.
                           d)Open a channel to your squad on the mic and hum Wagner's "Flight of the Valkeryies" while running to Tank.
                           e)Jump onto Tank left click AT mine to leave Mr. Tank driver a one way ticket to his spawn point of choice.
                           f)if your quick you can type "KaBOom!!" on chat
                           g)Jump off of tank, preferably the back part or sides to avoid the tread mark pattern over your ass.

Simple eh??

Yes some of you are already looking at my AT/mines K/d.... yes I do get blown up alot... it's fun... plus I get the 120mm enema alot on the escape away from doomed tank. Or most of the time I just suck and get run over.

Hey i never said it was the best method... that's why i said "Big Hairy Sack"

wtf was I talking about??...

Oh yeah

3. I love hearing the ratchet sound...even though its a fucking cresent wrench

4. Shotguns

5. Boonie hat looks stylish   

6. Feel like a GOD as your rusty ass wrench repairs a C4r'd span of bridge to get your stuck column of armour across the river/ocean.
And not only do get no points or thanks but you have to go back to the video game "Frogger" training to avoid to all the vehicles once they realize the bridge is reapaired.

Yes I know you can repair from inside a vehicle quicker or crawl under a tank and repair. Lotta times there is no space in a vehicle for me to get in. Plus they are not near enough to the destroyed part to get a repair going. Or your Public server "teamates" are like trying to herd cats to get one close enough to get the destroyed span repaired etc. etc.

7. You ever notice how the back view of a engi looks like he's packin a Ghostbuster Proton pack, or a leafblower?

8. Could use that leafblower to blind the GTA style tank jackin' enemy punk when you are trying to repair your shot up, smokin' ass M1 abrams. Just kinda blow some sand into his eyes as he trys to "E" into your tank. Instead of a flashbang white screen your opponent sees knuckles in the view screen rubbing his eyes ... then ya stab the bastard :-)     

Anywhooo first post, been reading this site for about 5 months. Nice to finally say "hey"

Chuy YOU ROCK! great website thank you.
roflmaooooooooooooooooooooooo
kamikazevinnie89
+2|6596
Sec-ops takes out men and vehicles = case closed = sorted
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6734|SPARTA
*gasp*    and of course he's right: the engineer is TEH best class. my favourite weapon is the wrench
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6734|SPARTA

kamikazevinnie89 wrote:

and what do i do as engineer???? grow carrots?
CackNBallz
+45|6754|Toronto, Canada
I would have to say Spec Ops.  It encompasses everything into one.  It is great against infantry as you can booby trap flags or chokepoints with C4, you have frag grenades, a silenced pistol, an accurate carbine as well as the knife.

Against armour they don't stand much of a chance if you know how to approach them correctly.  You also have the benefit of scaring some out of their armour and then stealing it! (I have also done this with a med pack out running straight at a tank, which looks like C4 to some n00bs and the guys ran off like no tomorrow!)

Spec Ops also destroys commander assets and bridges which are vital for denying the enemy information and routes of attack.

Spec Ops FTW.
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6763

SineNomine wrote:

kamikazevinnie89 wrote:

neers can take out tanks, but they do it by laying traps and walking away. moderately effective.

neers can take out infantry, by shooting them with their shotguns, *if the enemy is close*. somewhat effective.

Spec Ops can take out tanks, apcs, buggies, sat-comm, UAV trailer, bridges, arty, squads, etc..by laying traps, by actively assaulting, by being sneaky, etc etc. *Highly* effective.

Spec Ops can take out infantry, effectively, at long range, medium range, and yes, even at short range. they can counter-snipe, but retain automatic fire for in-fighting and/or suppresive fire. *significantly effective*.

i am not saying engineers are useless - they are just better off to stay in back, under the support of others.
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6734|SPARTA

SineNomine wrote:

kamikazevinnie89 wrote:

neers can take out tanks, but they do it by laying traps and walking away. moderately effective.

neers can take out infantry, by shooting them with their shotguns, *if the enemy is close*. somewhat effective.

Spec Ops can take out tanks, apcs, buggies, sat-comm, UAV trailer, bridges, arty, squads, etc..by laying traps, by actively assaulting, by being sneaky, etc etc. *Highly* effective.

Spec Ops can take out infantry, effectively, at long range, medium range, and yes, even at short range. they can counter-snipe, but retain automatic fire for in-fighting and/or suppresive fire. *significantly effective*.

i am not saying engineers are useless - they are just better off to stay in back, under the support of others.
you must be one of these guys waiting in front of a destroyd bridge until its miraculously repaired
neer can repair all and everything, what includes his own tank so prolonging his lifespan and taking out more enemy men an vehicles.
AND: since 1.2 only we can remove at mines and our ways are not blocked by claymores.
did i forget something? oh, i'll snipe you with my mp-7
me loves engineer   

Last edited by SineNomine (2006-04-20 08:22:42)

blacksheepcannibal
+24|6763
Son, Ill pit my G-36C up against your SMG *anyday*.

And the question is what is the most useful class, not what it the most useful vehicle. Anybody can jump into armor.

And no, when the bridge is out, i take the *always present* alternate route. blown bridges do not stop enemy forces; it choke-points or delays them. thus, repaired bridges are a convienience, not a need.

to top it off, how long does it take a neer to repair a well damaged MBT? how long does it take a Spec Ops to blow a full-life MBT?

Again, every class has its use. Im just saying the Spec Ops class has more versatility and lethality on the foward battlefield.
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6734|SPARTA
yes, i know everybody has his preverences. all i wanted to say is that i prefer (enjoy, love, want to be) engineer. but you have to admit that neers are most useful in vehicles
bobroonie.bda
+143|6693
spec ops

very offensive vs armor. If your good. Its hard for 1 AT to kill a tank with a repair box (if the AT cannot hit the box for what ever reason). But a spec opps can sneak right in between 2 tanks with 2 engi's and even 2 gunners and kill all 4 with 2 or sometimes 3 c4. being able to be a killing machine with the g36c. dont get me wrong the medic is awesome and saves tickets, but if your looking at being unstoppable spec ops is the way to go. I dont fear any amor and some times will follow it around from a distance all hidden going from building to building and sneak up an armor. As soon he drives by and i run out just out of his line of site. I do feel medics help out the team more because you get 8 or 10 medics on your team each rivive 8 guys in the round thats up to 80 tickets saved.
bobroonie.bda
+143|6693

Son, Ill pit my G-36C up against your SMG *anyday*.

And the question is what is the most useful class, not what it the most useful vehicle. Anybody can jump into armor.

And no, when the bridge is out, i take the *always present* alternate route. blown bridges do not stop enemy forces; it choke-points or delays them. thus, repaired bridges are a convienience, not a need.

to top it off, how long does it take a neer to repair a well damaged MBT? how long does it take a Spec Ops to blow a full-life MBT?

Again, every class has its use. Im just saying the Spec Ops class has more versatility and lethality on the foward battlefield.
I totally agree. I specialized in spec ops. ive got my acc with g36c up to 32.7%. i snipe out snipers for a long ass distance. As well as take out 2 tank engy convoy's. if im defending a base good luck if your an armor. comming in. and I dont know how many countless Tanks and Apc's ive stollen being spec ops. place the C4 on tank stay prone tank stops runing jump in go forward kill the enemy. "thanks for the tank asshole" haha funny as shit. I do agree mines are awesome and engy's are important. but when it comes to being an offensive machine nothing in my opinion compares to the spec ops.
earth.citizen
+4|6751|Miami, FL

voltage wrote:

millhous wrote:

Medic is definatly the best.  The majority of the time your gonna be up against infantry.  Even if your up againsta  tank, as long as you stay down and heal yourself, your chances of survival greatly improve.
Great. Then what?
Duh! You wait until either someone else blows up that stupid tank or he gets bored and leaves. Then you take back the flag. The question is which is kit is most useful. The Medic's get the job done.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6731|The Netherlands
I null voted cause its too hard to choose a class thats best or most important.

I think if you want a good team, you need to mix classes and everyone in the team is equally important to make it all work and to get a victory in the end.

Btw i have an idea as to why loads of ppl voted medic. You dont have to be a very good player to be a good medic. You can suck at infantry, like me 0.80 k/d ratio, and still get a shitload of teampoints for keeping everybody healthy.

Last edited by General-Echo (2006-04-20 09:32:37)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard