The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6743|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark

henno13 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Dammit! Why did I order on super saver delivery? Estimated arrival Oct 14th by Royal Mail. ARGH
AW SHIT, I ORDERED FROM AMAZON TOO

EDIT: I got an email to say that it has been dispatched, with super saver delivery. It won't be delivered untill next week.

FUCK SUPER SAVER DELIVERY AND AMAZON

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa52 … r/fuuu.png

/rant
The worse thing is chaps is if your not aware the uncivilised gents and gentess from Royal Mail have anounced strike plans.

Bit of a rotter what, what.
I'm still in 2 minds to purchase this game or not to purchase the game. Some are saying this game is arse and some are saying its enjoyable. Anyone know of a demo about l can download and have a butchers?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Don't think the demo will be much longer for release.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

The_Guardsman wrote:

henno13 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Dammit! Why did I order on super saver delivery? Estimated arrival Oct 14th by Royal Mail. ARGH

EDIT: I got an email to say that it has been dispatched, with super saver delivery. It won't be delivered untill next week.

/rant
The worse thing is chaps is if your not aware the uncivilised gents and gentess from Royal Mail have anounced strike plans.

I'm still in 2 minds to purchase this game or not to purchase the game. Some are saying this game is arse and some are saying its enjoyable. Anyone know of a demo about l can download and have a butchers?
If you love pure Arcade style shooters you'll hate this since this is supposed to be more of a realism based game. I think the game blends both realism and arcade really well though. Think of it as PR but a lot lot better. The game is amazingly optimized, I'm getting smooth FPS on all high 1920X1200 with 2X AA with my HD 4890 and E8500.

Guns are pretty realistic as they sway around a bit and the scopes in the game are pretty good. A definitely buy, other people are just bitching because this game isn't God. Really good singeplayer, multiplayer haven't touched yet since they won't have any dedicated servers
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Simon
basically
+838|6656|UK
I don't really feel like trawling through 28 pages of posts..  has anyone played this game yet? only asking as it's leaked so someone might have
either way, anyone got any good information on this game? looks half decent
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398
guns dont sway unless you are drunk
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6658|The darkside of Denver
I hope htey add dedicated servers soon.. I bought htis solely for MP.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Hm, okay, I guess after more playing, it's getting pretty cool.

The only thing that bugs me is that you die so easily. Yeah, it's really cool that it's all realistic and stuff, but it's a nuisance sometimes, as a stray bullet comes your way and you're fucked. I'd rather it was 2 shots to the head and you're dead instead of one, because it can be a bit of a pain. I had the tactical advantage over the PLA search patrols (was on top of hill, in between trees) and one of their gunners just let a few bullets rip and one just randomly hit me, and then I have to go back to the start.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Red Forman wrote:

When you be running I mean. But it sways a little bit due to breathing or whatev. But I wish there was a hold breath button.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5398

Zimmer wrote:

The only thing that bugs me is that you die so easily
dont suck then
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Red Forman wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

The only thing that bugs me is that you die so easily
dont suck then
Take cover too.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

Cybargs wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

When you be running I mean. But it sways a little bit due to breathing or whatev. But I wish there was a hold breath button.
WTF with this hold breath shit anyways.  I can hold my breath for a whole good 2 minutes, and much longer in my youth.  A trained soldier, definitely longer.  COD holding breath button for a few seconds is stupid.
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6743|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark

Ilocano wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

guns don't sway unless you are drunk
When you be running I mean. But it sways a little bit due to breathing or whatever. But I wish there was a hold breath button.
WTF with this hold breath shit anyways.  I can hold my breath for a whole good 2 minutes, and much longer in my youth.  A trained soldier, definitely longer.  COD holding breath button for a few seconds is stupid.
I was a trained soldier old boy. I couldn't hold my breath for 2 minutes(with the possible exception of post beer and curry farts after a rather heavy session) a couple of seconds for a shot on a range for a weapons test or zeroing. However if your blowing out of your arse after having to crawl/ hard target to a position to fire on a target you have two hopes of being able to hold your breath for the shot. So the swaying thing is perfectably acceptable.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Zimmer wrote:

Hm, okay, I guess after more playing, it's getting pretty cool.

The only thing that bugs me is that you die so easily. Yeah, it's really cool that it's all realistic and stuff, but it's a nuisance sometimes, as a stray bullet comes your way and you're fucked. I'd rather it was 2 shots to the head and you're dead instead of one, because it can be a bit of a pain. I had the tactical advantage over the PLA search patrols (was on top of hill, in between trees) and one of their gunners just let a few bullets rip and one just randomly hit me, and then I have to go back to the start.
Major part of the game though is simulating how easy you can be killed, leads to you being more cautious as opposed to full-on rambo style.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

I wish I could choose my weapon loadout for missions. It's a pain fighting with some of the weapons they give you. I mean, for the Beachead mission, why the fuck would I want a close quarters combat weapon? I want a rifle with a scope in those circumstances, so I can pick off people from the hill that are down at the village. The lack of customisation on how you go about finishing the mission is poor. Sure, you can flank them, go rambo, go stealth, but you can't pick how you are going to do it and with what. Poor. Other than that, quite enjoyable at times.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Zimmer wrote:

I wish I could choose my weapon loadout for missions. It's a pain fighting with some of the weapons they give you. I mean, for the Beachead mission, why the fuck would I want a close quarters combat weapon? I want a rifle with a scope in those circumstances, so I can pick off people from the hill that are down at the village. The lack of customisation on how you go about finishing the mission is poor. Sure, you can flank them, go rambo, go stealth, but you can't pick how you are going to do it and with what. Poor. Other than that, quite enjoyable at times.
Same beef here. But I heard weapon crates are near objectives or near the start so you can get get new shit.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

Cybargs wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Same beef here. But I heard weapon crates are near objectives or near the start so you can get get new shit.
Hm, not really. They are usually some shit chinese weapons, so it's not worth the pick up from your original weapon. I want to have a sniper rifle and shit.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6529

Cybargs wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

henno13 wrote:

/rant

If you love pure Arcade style shooters you'll hate this since this is supposed to be more of a realism based game. I think the game blends both realism and arcade really well though. Think of it as PR but a lot lot better. The game is amazingly optimized, I'm getting smooth FPS on all high 1920X1200 with 2X AA with my HD 4890 and E8500.

Guns are pretty realistic as they sway around a bit and the scopes in the game are pretty good. A definitely buy, other people are just bitching because this game isn't God. Really good singeplayer, multiplayer haven't touched yet since they won't have any dedicated servers
Its optimtimized because the graphics are just plain poop and any computer can run it......
Yes im playing on all high 8xAA 8xAF 1280x1024
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6170|New Austin, Not
OFPWEB1
OFPWEB2
RaidT18Z
StrongM577
AmbushU454
CloseQ8M3

Here are the bonus mission codes guys.

Last edited by Rohirm (2009-10-08 14:51:44)

Dr.PhiL
Danmark
+30|6668|Up North
I was quite suprised I could run it all on the highest settings with my 8800GTS 512mb (G92)

Anyway just played some of the first mission and it seems really awesome, alone the first nade I threw had me sold.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6778|Great Brown North
bradt3hfailer lololololololololol

after you dropped everything fell apart they broke through the right flank and killed us
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6192|Schofield Barracks

Rohirm wrote:

OPFWEB1
OFPWEB2
RaidT18Z
StrongM577
AmbushU454
CloseQ8M3

Here are the bonus mission codes guys.
first 2 wont work for me.
edit:nevermind they work

Last edited by MAGUIRE93 (2009-10-08 14:45:31)

Chou
+737|6789
What has been promised for this game has never been delivered and no patch will ever fix the broken promise.
If you really want to know how "well received" this game has been, go to the official forums and read a lot of sadness & anger about a glorious promise that has not been delivered to a fan community. There's no CD key so go ahead, early demo. Operation Failpoint.

Last edited by Chou (2009-10-08 16:53:22)

MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6192|Schofield Barracks
QBU88 sounds amazing.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6576|Columbus, OH
This game is ok. For me, it is like the original TC:Ghost Recon and BF2 P.R. combined.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

The_Guardsman wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

When you be running I mean. But it sways a little bit due to breathing or whatever. But I wish there was a hold breath button.
I was a trained soldier old boy. I couldn't hold my breath for 2 minutes(with the possible exception of post beer and curry farts after a rather heavy session) a couple of seconds for a shot on a range for a weapons test or zeroing. However if your blowing out of your arse after having to crawl/ hard target to a position to fire on a target you have two hopes of being able to hold your breath for the shot. So the swaying thing is perfectably acceptable.
Must be hereditary in my part then.  My father was a tankless diver who could go upside down underwater bottom-floor coral diving for well over 3 minutes, diving for clams, lobsters, fish, etc.  Add to that my martial arts based breathing/meditation training.  Must be why I still have a very steady aim at the shooting range.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard