Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5907
It's 7 cents more? Wow this is sooooo going to drop the obesity level in the U.S. I bet when I go their next summer (As I always do for summer vacation) there won't be a single person walking the streets with fat jeans! In fact, I bet everybody will be drinking V8 splash and instead of a Big Mac in their hand's, they'll have a weight watchers sandwhich!

This is the future people! Wow, all this for ONLY 7 cents more, and of course nobody is rich enough to bother spending those extra cents.
Benzin
+576|5969
I can't see this making people thinner. But what gets me the most is the precedent. Besides, Congress would never be able to give much money into healthcare after all their earmarks.

AussieReaper wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

What a dumb idea. If people want to drink soda they shouldn't be penalized for it. Here's a tip: soda may be cheap, but water is cheaper.
^ This man has never paid for bottled water.

Neither have I, what a rip off.
Actually, here in Austria, a half liter bottle of Coke costs about one euro. A two litre bottle of mineral water 60 cents if you buy the upscale brand. I just bought a six pack at 49 cents a bottle.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

SplinterStrike wrote:

Seven cents!

SEVEN FREAKING CENTS.
You're right, we're getting screwed!
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Kez
+778|5674|London, UK
How the fuck are we supposed to afford that kind of money in this day and age?!?!?!?????????
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock

Kez wrote:

How the fuck are we supposed to afford that kind of money in this day and age?!?!?!?????????
Only one solution.

the corner.
Cheez

DrunkFace wrote:

Cause that seems fuck expensive for tap water. Here its $1.31 for 1000 litres.
Here it falls from the sky.
Lai
+186|6122
If consumed moderately, soda is more dangerous to your health than alcohol.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Lai wrote:

Litre for litre, I'd still say beer is more dangerous to your health.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Benzin
+576|5969

Lai wrote:

Prove it
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6313|California

Cybargs wrote:

Lai wrote:

jay_courage
Alive in a sea of mediocre
+131|5930|Carnoustie
I have stocks in the coca cola Corp

Shit
I Friggin Love The Nhs
MrMagoo
Not welcome @ BF2S
+12|5377
goddamn liberals and their goddamn taxation plans. Nothing more to be said here.
Benzin
+576|5969
The one plan I could see working is one similar to Florida in that food is taxed at a lower rate than normal things, but some products such as alcohol are taxed at rhe regular rate. Then to make it fair, only foods with real nutritional value are taxed at a lower rate.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone

Cheez wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

not very often.
Cheez

DrunkFace wrote:

Cheez wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

not very often.
That's why we use these nifty containers to hold it all during the lapse.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5907
Switzerland is the worse. The price of bottled water in a country where it rains all the time is just comical.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
It may be 7 cents, but it will start increasing more and more as time goes on.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Lai
+186|6122

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Lai wrote:

But you generally don't consume alcohol in liters. That and beer is a bit of a tricky one.

All I am saying is that one or two glasses of red wine a day tend to extend your life expectancy. The same can clearly not be said of soda, unless you're short on nutrition in general.
Benzin
+576|5969
Dude, you're talking about red wine? That's a fucking huge difference between soda and liquor. Be specific when you make a dumbass claim like that. Besides, it's not the alcohol doing shit for you so much as the anti oxidants that are in wine. What a twattish thing to say.

Who the hell doesn't consume alcohol by liters? You must be living in the USA. You go to a restaurant or a grocery store and buy beer by the half liter. Not this 12 oz BS in the US (0.33L, btw). Go to Bavaria. You buy what is called a Maß - that's an entire liter of beer. After one of those you can still legally drive in Bavaria.

But anything done in moderation is fine. That's why you have kidneys and a liver - to purge and clean the body of poisons and other useless things. Why else do people die if they don't have kidneys or livers? Because they can't clean their blood anymore (among other reasons). Shit, while you're on the subject, better get away from that computer and put the cell phone down. The EM radiation will probably give you cancer.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6552|SE London

Miggle wrote:

Taxing in general is bad for an economy. Anyways, it can either help obesity, earn money, or neither, seeing as it makes money if fatties buy the drinks and loses money if they don't.

Sure, maybe it looks good on the outside, but it's not a good idea.
No it isn't. Taxation pays for general public services which help economic growth.

Free universal education is probably the finest example of this.

Excessive taxation is bad for an economy.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6363|Southern California

PrivateVendetta wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

"The tax code should not be used as a tool for social engineering. Nor should it be an instrument for penalising individuals' personal food choices – choices that some government officials find distasteful," J Justin Wilson, senior research analyst at the Centre for Consumer Freedom, told the Los Angeles Times.
lol?
What about taxing alcohol and fuel and cigarettes?
This guy has never met an economist, it's called correcting market failure.
Fuel is a bit different though. The others are sin taxes... Fuel taxes are not really the same because they are a pay for use tax designed to support transportation infrastructure by making those who use it most pay most.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
7 cents? should be like a dollar! Soda is yucky!!
VicktorVauhn
+319|6363|Southern California

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

You shut your whore mouth.

Soda is delicious.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California

VicktorVauhn wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

You shut your whore mouth.

Soda is delicious.
ok, I have soda every now and then lol, but mostly sprite or sierra mist
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Lai wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

But you generally don't consume alcohol in liters. That and beer is a bit of a tricky one.

All I am saying is that one or two glasses of red wine a day tend to extend your life expectancy. The same can clearly not be said of soda, unless you're short on nutrition in general.
You're an idiot and I do not need to say more as Nismo already put it out finely.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard