Kez
+778|5704|London, UK

Zombie_Affair wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Finray wrote:

I don't see how people can call three-point turns hard...
Three point turn is the easiest manoeuvre...
Reverse Parallel Parking is easier.
i reverse parallel parked onto your mum

what
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black
Into woulda been funnier.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Nintendogamer
+72|6588|Chelmsford, UK
beware of chavvy little 16 year olds on their mopeds, could have hit one today, he was parked on the grass near the road looked behind him gave a signal to the left and pulled out infront of me (already in the left lane), causing me to brake hard.
Kez
+778|5704|London, UK
Yeah saw two morons riding their bikes and was like oshi- then I realised if I hit them that's two less twats on the roads
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6273
Well did you?
Kez
+778|5704|London, UK
nah not worth the dent in my fiesta
Williehub
Im cool.
+8|5354
Red means go, green means stop good luck.
Zombie_Affair
Amputee's...BOOP
+78|5816|Fattest Country in the world.

Kez wrote:

Zombie_Affair wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

Three point turn is the easiest manoeuvre...
Reverse Parallel Parking is easier.
i reverse parallel parked onto your mum

what
How'd it go? Heard you were a real stud.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6366|California
Take this Californian driving tips, they help:
1. When in doubt, ACCELERATE!
2. No cop, no stop.
3. While driving and you see someone wanting to race, YOU RACE.
4. Always run away from the police.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6674|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Kez wrote:

So my first lesson is on Saturday, any tips?

That aern't don't crash or something silly that I won't do!!!!!
Havent read ya thread mate so sorry if anythings repeated previously.  Try not to worry about us lot who have already passed, we also went through the same system as you.  So if anyone beeps at you, don't worry as 5 seconds later they will think 'Oh shit, that used to be me'.  We can all see that big ol plastic toblerone ontop of the car (if applicable) telling us you are learning, so we keep away or even out of the way.

Relax and enjoy it, after all it costs a small fortune so you might as well get ya monies worth.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5937
Park like this, or you won't even begin to impress your instructor.

Zombie_Affair
Amputee's...BOOP
+78|5816|Fattest Country in the world.
When you are as awesome a diver as Kez will be, he won't need to park.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.

LaidBackNinja wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

some can actually get rolling with no throttle... if the one you drive can this is a really good way to get used to the engagement point. You guys get little anemic cars though so it will probably stall,
Most modern cars, even my 1.0 litre petrol car can get rolling without throttle, if you handle the clutch correctly. Virtually all learning cars over here are diesels, which are much harder to stall then petrol cars.  Even a 1.4 litre diesel is almost impossible to stall. Our 'little anemic cars' produce a rather large amount of break horse power compared to your larger but inefficient engines.
3.0L diesel engine can get me to like 15km/h on the clutch only

Remember, if you are about to stall the natural instincts of an inexperienced driver are to drop the clutch, resulting in your call....stalling. Try to remember engaging it if anything is happening, don't be shy to use that clutch .
Nintendogamer
+72|6588|Chelmsford, UK
i'm learning atm, got my test soon, but i still occasionly stall the instructors diesel car, but rarely stall my dads 1.6 litre petrol car. am i just a poor driver?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

naw, diesels are like that.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black

burnzz wrote:

What, more torquey so less likely to stall them leading to a guy stalling them more often than a petrol?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Sydney
2λчиэλ
Just give a tiny bit of gas whenever you are operating the clutch, just enough to not hear it, and just enough to keep it from stalling.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6710|Charlie One Alpha

burnzz wrote:

Er, no. Diesels have more torque and are harder to stall, which is the reason that most instructor cars are diesels.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
VicktorVauhn
+319|6393|Southern California

Sydney wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

some can actually get rolling with no throttle... if the one you drive can this is a really good way to get used to the engagement point. You guys get little anemic cars though so it will probably stall,
Most modern cars, even my 1.0 litre petrol car can get rolling without throttle, if you handle the clutch correctly. Virtually all learning cars over here are diesels, which are much harder to stall then petrol cars.  Even a 1.4 litre diesel is almost impossible to stall. Our 'little anemic cars' produce a rather large amount of break horse power compared to your larger but inefficient engines.

Remember, if you are about to stall the natural instincts of an inexperienced driver are to drop the clutch, resulting in your call....stalling. Try to remember engaging it if anything is happening, don't be shy to use that clutch .
True, but engaging the clutch means letting it transmit power (letting it out).

If it is about to stall DISENGAGE the clutch by depressing the pedal (semantics, but it annoys me )
Sydney
2λчиэλ

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Sydney wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

True, but engaging the clutch means letting it transmit power (letting it out).

If it is about to stall DISENGAGE the clutch by depressing the pedal (semantics, but it annoys me )
Well, you know what I mean
k1l|er_0f_m3n
+14|5317
i don't think u should follow the 'tips' that these guys give you. theyre all illegal things and will get you a failing grade on the test. just drive safe and you'll be alrite friend. GOOD LUCK!!
Kez
+778|5704|London, UK
Yeah their intentions are to get me killed

you bastards bf2s!
Sydney
2λчиэλ

Kez wrote:

Yeah their intentions are to get me killed

you bastards bf2s!
You just need a trolling filter to see what good tips are.
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6750

Don't ever drink alcohol and drive. I'm up for 800+ fines from one big night out.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Don't ever drink alcohol and drive.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard