Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6466
Bioware is going to start a beta program soon.

http://swtor.com/news/news-article/20090929_001

Register with the site, upload your computer specs and then you can be considered.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock

Uzique wrote:

Flecco wrote:

There's no inventory tbh. You don't have 'limited' space at all. There's a guy who has gone out of his way to collect a single copy of every item in the game.

There's no grind if you have friends established in the game already. At least not a grind that requires you to spent a few hours each night in-front of the PC.
No, instead it's swapped for a grind that requires you to practically subscribe to the game for 6 months before you can fly or use anything deemed 'good'. I prefer to let personal skill and self-determination acquire me good in-game items, not a game-mechanic that essentially says "Fuck off, carry on subscribing for a few months and then we'll let you have some pretty lasers to play with". It's even more of a grind, if anything, because there's no way of side-stepping or avoiding it. You're a little bitch that is forced to grind the most mundane and mind-numbingly boring skills and abilities for the first 3 months, and only then can you possibly start having actual fun. In WoW, "if you have friends established in the game" especially, it's fun from the word 'Go'.
Except it can be free after 1 month if yo know what you're doing, 2-3 if you don't. And that's with 10 days of hour long playing. I would take that with 'long-arse' skill training times and free expansions over 3-4 years of constant subscription as I kind for 10 hours a day trying to get all the epics, only for Blizzard to charge me another $60 for all that time wasted, all my items obsolete and the grind all over. Meanwhile I have spent about $30 on Eve, have been playing the same amount of time, and all my gear still rocks.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6518|Austin, Texas
not sure why this is all eve chat

their website is terrible, I've had to sign up 29 times just to try and get through the individual steps of applying for testing. I cant even log in.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6754|Scotland

This looks good, I just hope to god it isn't a point and click game.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6466

Bevo wrote:

their website is terrible, I've had to sign up 29 times just to try and get through the individual steps of applying for testing. I cant even log in.
Yeah, they're getting so many apps that their servers are getting fucked up.

I got through but now they're having problems sending verification e-mails to G-mail and hotmail.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6518|Austin, Texas

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Bevo wrote:

I got through but now they're having problems sending verification e-mails to G-mail and hotmail.
i signed up ages ago, but i used my real birth date.

don't turn 18 for another month, that acct wasnt eligable

fffffffuuuuuu-
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6466

Bevo wrote:

Bevo wrote:

i signed up ages ago, but i used my real birth date.

don't turn 18 for another month, that acct wasnt eligable

fffffffuuuuuu-
Don't worry though, the apps aren't first come first serve, and they'll be open for a while.

Eventually it will start working again and you'll get through.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6466
And I have successfully signed up.

Only took an hour and a half
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock
Is the site playing up for anyone else?
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6388

I might just be feeling nostalgic, but KOTOR seemed to look nicer and less cartoony.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
I signed up for an account but when I get to the "scan your system specs" part, it just won't let me.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6466

Poseidon wrote:

I signed up for an account but when I get to the "scan your system specs" part, it just won't let me.
Complete the site registration, opt out of the beta testing initially, then come back too it and it should work.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6518|Austin, Texas

Poseidon wrote:

The sign up process/redirects are terrible.

That said, I thing I got through it. I got two little check marks next to where it says "needed for testers" and I did the system scan/etc.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6688|Devon, England

Bevo wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

The sign up process/redirects are terrible.

That said, I thing I got through it. I got two little check marks next to where it says "needed for testers" and I did the system scan/etc.
Yeah. It may seem like you don't get through (Also, don't use Chrome, I just used IE). but if you check your profile it should show two little ticks at the bottom.

I hope I get in, tbh. I wanna start space-combat.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6466

FFLink wrote:

I wanna start space-combat.
This is KotOR, not EVE dude.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6363|California
Anyone in the beta yet? I signed up 2 days ago, I want in!!!(that's what she said)
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6466

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Anyone in the beta yet? I signed up 2 days ago, I want in!!!(that's what she said)
Yeah I'm pretty sure that beta is a long way off, and that they're just having sign-ups now so that they can sort people in advance.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6736|Toronto | Canada

Still no emails from either address signed up with
sexecuti0ner
What kinda guy are you are?
+148|6229

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Still no emails from either address signed up with
I never got one when I tried to sign up last week either.  Try registering again, it seems to be working now.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6535|Long Island, New York
I still can't get the thing to scan my system.

Oh well.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6341
Worked mighty fine for me, all the sign up and scanning. I´m not so fond of giving ALL my personal details though
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Arc
silly one-liner
+24|6457|Ontario

Sisco10 wrote:

Worked mighty fine for me, all the sign up and scanning. I´m not so fond of giving ALL my personal details though
It's a beta test so you're technically working for them.
Sisco
+493|6341

Arc wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Yeah figures, but I´m still uncomfortable with it. I don´t thing they will EVER call me, yet they asked for at least one telephone number. All the privacy disclaimers etc. are fine, but in the end, I´m still getting buggered by some low-lives calling me, asking if I want to buy some stupid lottery tickets
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6466

Sisco10 wrote:

Arc wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Yeah figures, but I´m still uncomfortable with it. I don´t thing they will EVER call me, yet they asked for at least one telephone number. All the privacy disclaimers etc. are fine, but in the end, I´m still getting buggered by some low-lives calling me, asking if I want to buy some stupid lottery tickets
For my phone number I always give the name of a local pizza place that closed down a few years ago.
Sisco
+493|6341

Sisco10 wrote:

Arc wrote:

For my phone number I always give the name of a local pizza place that closed down a few years ago.
  I never give my mobile number, always the one which is in the phone book anyways, the fixed line.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard