DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

I have no emotional ties with Muse's newer albums (I.e. Resistance & Black Holes), they just don't "do it for me". However, it doesn't mean that they're crap albums, nor does it mean that they've sold out. I liked Origin of Symmetry & Absolution a lot. In fact, they're basically the only Muse albums I listen to.

That doesn't mean they've turned to shit. It just means that they've taken a step in a direction that didn't match with what I wanted from the band. But it's what they wanted. Doesn't that in fact mean that they've done the exact opposite of selling out?

It seems like Muse is doing their best to be a stadium band. They've certainly reached the position to be one, so it's time to make their megalomanic walls of sound even bigger. The track "United States of Eurasia" is a blatant declaration of this. I listen to it occasionally for the lulz of sounding just like Queen at times, hell, I still expect "We are the Champions" to begin every other time.
I need around tree fiddy.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
As soon as they wrote Knights of Cydonia, they were a stadium band
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

Spark wrote:

As soon as they wrote Knights of Cydonia, they were a stadium band
Personally, I don't understand the hype with that song.
I need around tree fiddy.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
Probably beacause it's such an obvious, blatant attempt to make an epic stadium song.

But anyway.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

Muse have always been shit, don't worry about it.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6243
Used to like them when I was younger, not anymore. Nonetheless, I will download that new album to see what the fuss is all about, then I'll post thoughts.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6205|S.A. Australia
Takes a few listens, but Im really starting to love it now
Serious Flex
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6410|Brisbane, Australia

I like their older albums, and I like their new one.

Good to have some different sounding songs.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6243
It is not that bad, and surely they aren't "sold out". I like it. Undisclosed desires is nice.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard