oasis
+0|6798
As the title states.

When do you release the bombs? Ive seen Soup Nazi's guide(great piece of work), and it is really helpful but I find that i still cannot kill anything when I bomb...

Could somebody tell me where to aim, when to release the bomb or something? Or even what speed does to the course of bombs... Or at what height will the bombing be more accurate?

Thanks a million,
a plane noob.
ud bslapper
+0|6802
ok dude  start frm a higher altitude so you comming directly to your target from above, A  they wont see you and B your bombs will follow your flight path but you ahve to pull up upon release
oasis
+0|6798
Erm so I release the bombs once the bottom of my "piper" is above it?
That is when I am coming to dive bomb as you said...

Last edited by oasis (2005-10-15 01:56:02)

ud bslapper
+0|6802
yup depending on the view u play wth.  come from High above shooting guns as well,. The more direct you get on ur flight path the more accurate your bombs will be
Chard
+1|6856|Christchurch, New Zealand
you could dive bomb like the stukas used to do. Go up really high and dive in on the target and realease your bombs when your on the target and pull up
slidero

Chard wrote:

you could dive bomb like the stukas used to do. Go up really high and dive in on the target and realease your bombs when your on the target and pull up
This is pretty much only effective while bombing tanks/apcs in the fighter but it does work pretty well.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6796|PNW

I typed this out in another thread, but I'll make it even simpler.

Fighter = dive bomber vs vehicles.
Bomber = dive or strafe bomber. Whichever tickles your goat.
Fighter/Bomber = destroy light armor with machine guns if you can; search for air targets with a/a mode (turn off if you don't want to launch right away), search for vehicular ground targets with bomb mode; bomb friendly-free flags that have been or are being taken; find an empty server: practice bombing stationary vehicles, then move on to other servers with people, so you can time where to aim the bombs you drop.

BIG FREAKING TIP = the higher you start your dive bomb, and the more perpendicular of an angle your approach is to the ground, the closer your bombs are going to land at where you aim; conversely, on lower approaches, the faster you go the more accurate their release will probably be.

And as stated before, flip on chase rear view to check where your bombs land as you practice, and to look over your shoulder for anybody on your tail.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard