Club3D
+31|6811
Does anyone knows if this has happened? I wonder how much is worth a top ranked member and transfer the account to another person after all the hours spent.

Place your bet how much is worth! lol
Sharken
+0|6782
Not much with the new ranking system...
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

Even if you did sell it, it's pretty much worthless since you can't change the player name.
slidero
Yeah but if you have an account name without any clan tags and an OK name, people may not mind.  Personally I think you would be pretty crazy to buy a high ranking account now that the unlocks are pretty much free after the patch.
ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6757|The Void
Ill give you what your looking for.
1 dollar.
So now i can say " I OWN."  (A top ranked player.)
pwned or owned
Is the lamest saying out.....
Rofl
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6747|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Unless there is some really good advantage with the officer ranks and/or the expansion this is really pointless. So you may lose out on commander every now and then, but the only other advantage is the unlocks. Just start a new name and you can get all but 2 unlocks by 8,000 points nowdays. I could do that in just over a week if I really wanted it badly.

Speaking about the higher ranks, what real advantage will there be to ranks above Sergeant Major? Obviously there are no further unlocks for now. Maybe something sickeningly evil like vehicle superiority like you get if you play with the AI characters. No more rushing to vehicles, just grab it from the NCOs. *Evil Grin*
Sharken
+0|6782

Gilgalad wrote:

Speaking about the higher ranks, what real advantage will there be to ranks above Sergeant Major? Obviously there are no further unlocks for now. Maybe something sickeningly evil like vehicle superiority like you get if you play with the AI characters. No more rushing to vehicles, just grab it from the NCOs.
Then you would need something like Bullet Superiority too, because you would surely be shot down by jealous players   But im hoping too that there will be some benefits, as it is now all you get is the choice to play commander or not.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6813|Bryan/College Station, TX
Buying accounts only really works for MMORPGs due to the repetition of acitivity you have to do in order to achieve levels, items or money. Farming is boring as all hell and running instances in WoW can get rather tiring after a while. All so you can get certain choosen items. The amount of knowledge based activity and time spent is much higher than a FPS like BF2 which is more based upon skill of the player with respect to quick reflexes and hand eye coordination. In WoW I can have limited skill in the game and still be relatively successful with a Account bought 60lvl toon. Meanwhile if I have limited skill in BF2 and I get someone's uber all weapons unlocked account, I will suck just like the rest of the noobs. All you are really paying for at that point is rank and unlocked weapons. Unless you have a God complex and a serious self-esteem issue the rank and ribbons don't mean all that much to pay money for and the unlocks I can sure as hell try out on a Unranked unlocked weapons server for free.

This is why FPS accounts do not sell and MMORPG accounts do.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard