Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Well there isn't a cricket thread so I might aswell make one.

Anyway it's the ICC Trophy going on right now. Australia beat England in the Semi-Final and right now it's New Zealand vs Pakistan.

New Zealand needing 59 from 48 balls with 6 wickets left. That game is gonna have an interesting finish. I hope New Zealand win, and then beat Australia. It's about time they won something.

But Australia are probably going to win it, if it comes down to an AU vs NZ final. If it's Australia vs Pakistan then they could lose. Who'd have thought after all the shit going on in Pakistan and the attacks on the Sri Lanka cricket team that they'd still be winning shit and doing good in International Cricket
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land
I love cricket..was captain of my school team, Botham was my childhood hero. Happy days

shame the aussies hammered England yesterday though.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
I'm surprised England got to 257 tbh. Fail bowling to tail enders again...

And
New Zealand won by 5 wickets (with 13 balls remaining)
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6205|S.A. Australia
Australia v New Zealand in the final.  Hopefully Australia bats first so it'l be a high scoring game
Serious Flex
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
16/1 after 8 overs with McCullum out. Not looking good for NZ.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Yeah, NZ also lost Vettori. They probably have no real chance. It'll be an amazing upset if they do, even if they had Vettori tbh. Australia are still the best ODI side right now. They may have lost the Ashes and suck at 20/20 and everyone keeps saying they're on a downturn but when you have players with names like T-Pain you know you still got it

But you never know ... anything can happen in sports...
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6644|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Id like NZ to win for the same reason as for eg Zimbabwe.  Im not comparing the two, NZ are pretty fucking good at the ODI's.  But instead of going for the underdog I will go for the deserved winners.  Strayer.
Amdi Peter
peut-ĂȘtre
+111|5518|paris
I wish I understood cricket.
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land
..aand Ponting's GONE!!!! Come on you kiwis!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
Sry to disappoint...

New Zealand 200/9 (50 ov)
Australia 206/4 (45.2 ov)
Australia won by 6 wickets (with 28 balls remaining)

Player of the match SR Watson (Australia) - 105 no.
Player of the series RT Ponting (Australia) - 288 runs, avg 72.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2009-10-05 14:28:29)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
bastards
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6643|A sunburnt country
Woohoo!!  Well done the Aussies.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Eh fuck it, we beat you at your own game in the League.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL
https://www.mouemagazine.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/exploding_head.jpg
DrunkFace
Germans did 911

Amdi Peter wrote:

Someone throws a ball at you which you hit away and then run up and down patch of dirt until the ball gets back to you... what's there not to get?
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Cricket is like baseball, with a flat bat right?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6205|S.A. Australia

War Man wrote:

No.
Serious Flex
ruisleipa
+149|6192|teh FIN-land

War Man wrote:

hell, that's pretty close.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6644|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Congrats Strayer.  Im not going to jump up and down, piss my pants and crack a stiffy over it though, its like the poor mans WC, however, nobody put out their 2nds and you can only beat whats in front of you and its one more throphy than England, but you would swap it for the one we won wouldnt you?

England/we same sentance??? Mental eh?
Amdi Peter
peut-ĂȘtre
+111|5518|paris

DrunkFace wrote:

Amdi Peter wrote:

Someone throws a ball at you which you hit away and then run up and down patch of dirt until the ball gets back to you... what's there not to get?
Wickets, what happens when you hit that thing the thrower stands in front of, etc.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
The person running to/closest to it gets out. Unless they are behind a line called a crease of course.

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2009-10-06 03:42:18)

eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6205|S.A. Australia
I think cricket is one of the hardest sports in the world to describe to a complete outsider, theres just so many different elements to it.
Serious Flex
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS

eskimo_sammyjoe wrote:

I think cricket is one of the hardest sports in the world to describe to a complete outsider, theres just so many different elements to it.
I wouldn't say so... bowler balls, batsman sees ball, batsman hits ball, batsman sprints to the other end.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6205|S.A. Australia
But then people ask questions like "Why didn't he run that time" and "Why is he out for it hitting his leg" and so on.  The absolute bare essentials of any sport are easy but once you start to get into a little detail with cricket it becomes very difficult.
Serious Flex
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
what the fuck is happening to our team

before series:

clarke out
bracken out
haddin out

so like three of our best players, including our most destructive batsmen + keeper and best odi bowler, and vc

during series

lee out (lame)
hopes out (sorta lame as well)
paine out (lame)
johnson injured

ffs... at this rate we'll be playing like australia b (captained by ponting, vc hussey since they never get injured...) in three matches' time.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard