raz
+22|6666|England, UK
Yeah i seen that footage of the chemical weapons being dropped on iraq a whil back on the news. There's no point bitching about it, it's not in our control.. The only way you can control it is World War.. and no-one is gonna start a world war over iraq..
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

Well, whatever anyone's opinions may be, the US cannot afford to withdraw from its foreign investments. Too much is owed to us.
JimKong
+31|6644|Ohio

sfg-Ice__ wrote:

Illegal??  so i assume the massacure of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis is fine with you.  I didn't go into this war for oil, money, or anything else physical.  I went into this war to do what should of been done a decade ago.  Liberate a country ruled through terror. 

But fuck man, what if that was you in iraq?  What if that was your daughter raped by saddam's sons?  What if you couldn't do anything about it or they would kill the rest of your family?  Try walking in someone elses shoes.  I know alot of guys coming back from the dunes and generally the people there are happy with the change.  Blame the media for showing all the hate and discontent, which is the minority.
The reason we went to war was because Iraq "possessed WMDs", was an "imminent threat", and "took part in 9/11". Not because our "leaders" have hearts of gold. If that was the case, we'd do something about an entire continent at war (Africa). Sending UN peacekeppers, who sometimes go on rape binges themselves, isn't enough. The whole goddamn continent needs it's borders redrawn.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6628|Canada
i love how all u ppl r attacking this postee /w having his mind made up, an bein a fucker an all. but cmon ppl! how can U be so closed minded. do u ppl agree /w whatever ur gov't tells u? do u ppl know what the number 1 thing u need for democracy? its called dissent, challenging ur gov't on issues, not believing everything u hear. but for us who dissent, ther'll always b u cowards who r 2 chickenshit to admit ur gov't did wrong.

Grow sum balls and b smart fer god sake
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

destruktion_6143 wrote:

i love how all u ppl r attacking this postee /w having his mind made up, an bein a fucker an all. but cmon ppl! how can U be so closed minded. do u ppl agree /w whatever ur gov't tells u? do u ppl know what the number 1 thing u need for democracy? its called dissent, challenging ur gov't on issues, not believing everything u hear. but for us who dissent, ther'll always b u cowards who r 2 chickenshit to admit ur gov't did wrong.

A kind request. Can you, next time, type properly? I find it hard to read through abbreviated thickets like that.

Otherwise I agree with you.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.

Spark wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

A kind request. Can you, next time, type properly? I find it hard to read through abbreviated thickets like that.

Its not really that hard to read it.Maybe he should kindly ask you to learn abbrevations because your on the internet and its now 2006 and most people type like that.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

jord wrote:

Spark wrote:

destruktion_6143 wrote:

Its not really that hard to read it.Maybe he should kindly ask you to learn abbrevations because your on the internet and its now 2006 and most people type like that.
I can read it, but it gets annoying after a while. For example YOU is spelt Y-O-U, not just U.

Anyway...

The Rules wrote:

Use proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization to the best of your ability. Failure to do this will result in your posts being taken less seriously, and most likely cause responses to be less than constructive.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6603|132 and Bush

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I love how people start threads like this without noting Saddam's own use of torture and gas against his own country. Of course dictators like that should be left alone.
Agreed.. that is the point I was going to make, ya beat me to it..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6760|MA, USA

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

What makes me laugh, time and time again. Is as soon as someone says anything against your opinion you call us simple minded. That to me is not taking into account the other persons point of view.
I think many people have considered your point of view, and dismissed it as simplistic and entirely biased.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

I am sick of America saying what the rest of the world should do, and then not even following its own rules.
Be specific.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

What i really wanted you to know, is that by your support of the war, people that have nothing to do with it are dying. People are dying so that you can have oil,  so that you think that your safe from terrorists.
No, they are dying so that YOU can have oil.  The US doesn't get much oil from Iraq, and I doubt very much that will change.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

You have to address what you are doing that is making the rest of the world hate you.
Not at the cost of US sovereignty we don't.  You are openly hostile and Anti-American.  Any 'advice' you would give is suspect.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

And i am sure that some of you sitting in front of your PC's drinking you Mountain Dew, thinking that this person from South Africa knows fuck all.
I'm a 37 year old former soldier (3 combat deployments, thank you) who works for a living.  I don't drink Mountain Dew, and I'm pretty sure 'Fuck All' would be a stretch for one whose mind is as entirely made up on the subject as yours is.  You are incapable of a coherent discussion of the possibility that you are not entirely correct.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

Think about this we have had terrorism in this country for years. With violence we only got violence in return, when we said enough is enough its stopped. When we stopped forcing our way of life on people, the terrorism stopped.
No, what you had was institutionalised racism.  That's a little different from terrorism.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

America has a lot to learn about how to live in the world, they are not the world, and if we the rest of the world wished it, we would wipe you out in a matter of days.
That has been discussed in another thread.  I don't buy it.  No state, or group of states, has the logistical abilty to attack America on it's own soil.  Sorry, but this is a feeble wish.  You can try it if you want, but in addition to a warm welcome from our organised forces, you will meet up with around 100 Million private gun owners excercising their Constitutional rights.  Many, including myself, are highly trained.  So, bring it on - we will show you what an insurgency can REALLY do.  I'll be waiting.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

So think about what you say, stop watching your TV, stop reading your newpapers, your letting someone else think for you, make your own opinion.
I already make my own opinions, and I have my own criticisms of my government and its actions.  Those criticism, however, are INFORMED.  Unlike yours.  I will continue to make informed decisions by dismissing your rant as hysterical.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

I live by the statement, " If you have to ask you'll never learn"
So, you never ask questions?  Then I guess you will never learn either.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

And dont say to me that americans are the smartest country, its a fact you have one of the worst education systems in the world. Could this maybe the source of your inability to think?
That is highly amusing coming from a South African.  Tell me, do you know how your literacy rate compares with America's?  Clearly your ability to discern blatant propaganda isn't as developed as it should be, so it seems critical thinking isn't a strength of yours either.

destruktion_6143 wrote:

i love how all u ppl r attacking this postee /w having his mind made up, an bein a fucker an all. but cmon ppl! how can U be so closed minded. do u ppl agree /w whatever ur gov't tells u? do u ppl know what the number 1 thing u need for democracy? its called dissent, challenging ur gov't on issues, not believing everything u hear.
Failing to agree with his nonsense does not exclude the possibility of dissent.  I have plenty of questions for, and problems with, my government.  As I noted before, my dissent is INFORMED.  His rant, and belief in that film is knee-jerk anti-Americanism.  His shrill threats to Americans isn't likely to induce internal reflection, it's more likely to cause Americans to close ranks, see off the external threats, and deal with their own problems later.  When will people learn that if you want to encourage rational thought, you must discuss it rationally?  His posts have not been rational, and given the leap of logic you have made (i.e. disagreeing with Kimosabe-sa = total agreement with our government), neither is yours.

Last edited by whittsend (2006-04-11 06:53:21)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6646

whittsend wrote:

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

What makes me laugh, time and time again. Is as soon as someone says anything against your opinion you call us simple minded. That to me is not taking into account the other persons point of view.
I think many people have considered your point of view, and dismissed it as simplistic and entirely biased.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

I am sick of America saying what the rest of the world should do, and then not even following its own rules.
Be specific.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

What i really wanted you to know, is that by your support of the war, people that have nothing to do with it are dying. People are dying so that you can have oil,  so that you think that your safe from terrorists.
No, they are dying so that YOU can have oil.  The US doesn't get much oil from Iraq, and I doubt very much that will change.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

You have to address what you are doing that is making the rest of the world hate you.
Not at the cost of US sovereignty we don't.  You are openly hostile and Anti-American.  Any 'advice' you would give is suspect.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

And i am sure that some of you sitting in front of your PC's drinking you Mountain Dew, thinking that this person from South Africa knows fuck all.
I'm a 37 year old former soldier (3 combat deployments, thank you) who works for a living.  I don't drink Mountain Dew, and I'm pretty sure 'Fuck All' would be a stretch for one whose mind is as entirely made up on the subject as yours is.  You are incapable of a coherent discussion of the possibility that you are not entirely correct.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

Think about this we have had terrorism in this country for years. With violence we only got violence in return, when we said enough is enough its stopped. When we stopped forcing our way of life on people, the terrorism stopped.
No, what you had was institutionalised racism.  That's a little different from terrorism.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

America has a lot to learn about how to live in the world, they are not the world, and if we the rest of the world wished it, we would wipe you out in a matter of days.
That has been discussed in another thread.  I don't buy it.  No state, or group of states, has the logistical abilty to attack America on it's own soil.  Sorry, but this is a feeble wish.  You can try it if you want, but in addition to a warm welcome from our organised forces, you will meet up with around 100 Million private gun owners excercising their Constitutional rights.  Many, including myself, are highly trained.  So, bring it on - we will show you what an insurgency can REALLY do.  I'll be waiting.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

So think about what you say, stop watching your TV, stop reading your newpapers, your letting someone else think for you, make your own opinion.
I already make my own opinions, and I have my own criticisms of my government and its actions.  Those criticism, however, are INFORMED.  Unlike yours.  I will continue to make informed decisions by dismissing your rant as hysterical.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

I live by the statement, " If you have to ask you'll never learn"
So, you never ask questions?  Then I guess you will never learn either.

Kimosabe-sa wrote:

And dont say to me that americans are the smartest country, its a fact you have one of the worst education systems in the world. Could this maybe the source of your inability to think?
That is highly amusing coming from a South African.  Tell me, do you know how your literacy rate compares with America's?  Clearly your ability to discern blatant propaganda isn't as developed as it should be, so it seems critical thinking isn't a strength of yours either.

destruktion_6143 wrote:

i love how all u ppl r attacking this postee /w having his mind made up, an bein a fucker an all. but cmon ppl! how can U be so closed minded. do u ppl agree /w whatever ur gov't tells u? do u ppl know what the number 1 thing u need for democracy? its called dissent, challenging ur gov't on issues, not believing everything u hear.
Failing to agree with his nonsense does not exclude the possibility of dissent.  I have plenty of questions for, and problems with, my government.  As I noted before, my dissent is INFORMED.  His rant, and belief in that film is knee-jerk anti-Americanism.  His shrill threats to Americans isn't likely to induce internal reflection, it's more likely to cause Americans to close ranks, see off the external threats, and deal with their own problems later.  When will people learn that if you want to encourage rational thought, you must discuss it rationally?  His posts have not been rational, and given the leap of logic you have made (i.e. disagreeing with Kimosabe-sa = total agreement with our government), neither is yours.
bang....pow......silence
sfg-Ice__
+4|6655
Nice post Whit...Well rounded and covers all the bases.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839

destruktion_6143 wrote:

The hamster is dead but the wheel keeps spinning.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6794

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I love how people start threads like this without noting Saddam's own use of torture and gas against his own country. Of course dictators like that should be left alone.
So Saddam used chemical agents and torture to subdue the Iraqis who disagreed with him.  Now the US uses chemical agents and torture to subdue the Iraqis that disagree with them.

I'm not saying that life under Saddam was a bed of roses but is the current situation any better?
stevo1971
+0|6594|west mids UK
chemical weapons ARE real and no doubt to a certain degree ARE used. im no expert ,so im not going to enter the debate on whether they were used by the US or not
all i will say is that when Saddam used them, his sole purpose was as a test. we in the west use labs and test tubes, he decided to use real people

now aardfrith with this in mind i agree the situation over there at the moment is far from perfect, but im sure they would rather be living in a state ruled by the US rather than constantly worrying wot the nutter in the beret was gonna test on them next

ps... i think whittsend's earlier post was spot on

Last edited by stevo1971 (2006-04-12 05:37:42)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839
I hate to say this but you didn't see "Burned bodies " You saw decaying bodies. They turn Black in the sun. They turn black anywhere given enough time. In water or a damp shady environment they will go Waxy yellow first, almost pure white in deep water. Why wasn't their clothes burned too? Clothes doesn't decay like flesh. Your winter jacket doesn't rot in the Closet. A body will.

Now hear I am guessing but the Iraqi cites seem like a good place to use White phosphorus (for Illumination or a weapon) I have yet to see anything made of wood in their cities. Late at night if you are indoors, little will come of it. If you are outside late at night looking for trouble, my guess is you'll find it.

Is everyone aware those Soldiers Marines (didn't seem like they knew themselves who they served with) are deserters facing trial. It would be in their best interest to push something like this.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6681
I guess the use of white phospherous is good for  illuminating people and adding them to the pile of 34,000 civillians already killed .
Erkut.hv
+124|6737|California
34,000 is it huh? Well, off to a good start at least. Can you post some data that confirms your claim please?

Furhter edited.... look at causes of deaths for most of those civilians. Garroted, executed, roadside bombs....

Nice website. I can look and see exactly how many civilians were not killed by US personnel.

Last edited by Erkut.hv (2006-04-12 07:56:54)

wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6779

Erkut.hv wrote:

34,000 is it huh? Well, off to a good start at least. Can you post some data that confirms your claim please?

Furhter edited.... look at causes of deaths for most of those civilians. Garroted, executed, roadside bombs....

Nice website. I can look and see exactly how many civilians were not killed by US personnel.
According to jonnykill, by making this comment you're a racist too.
Erkut.hv
+124|6737|California

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

Erkut.hv wrote:

According to jonnykill, by making this comment you're a racist too.
Coming from jonny, that's a compliment. That means my arguments are good enough to warrant a narrow attempt to change the conversation.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard