WienerBreath
Hai guys
+14|5515|Fort Hood, Texas
Well I was bored and was surfing Youtube when I found a guide on how to shutdown a computer using a cell phone and twitter. This may be useful to a lot of people that forget to turn off their computer or are just to get off the couch and click start and shutdown. This may be old, but I have no idea, I thought it was pretty cool though.

Also, for all of you people that don't like to shut down your computer you can also put it into sleep mode. The video doesn't show how to do this, but I figured it out quite easily.

You have to open up a new text document and put %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState and name the file something like standby.bat or whatever is easiest for you. So then if you want to put your computer into standby you just use your cell phone and text standby, or whatever you named your .bat file, to your twitter account and it will put it into sleep mode. Hope some of you find this useful.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6395|the land of bourbon
i guess its a cool idea but not really practical... i can't see needing to shut my pc down like that.  but if it takes input with this method, i'm sure it can be made to do a lot of other shit.  maybe you can make a bf2s posting bot to harass war man.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6581|NYC / Hamburg

When I want to remotely shut down, restart or just admin a PC, I ssh into it. <3 ssh
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6614|132 and Bush

Or just set it to sleep after inactive for ___ mins .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6379|California
omg do that to your friends pc, pure win

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard