Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6719

JohnG@lt wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

True the US doesn't need to maintain such a large military. A navy for day to day connectivity and an Army to protect mainland US. But remember, having US bases helps Americans in the long term by spheres of influence. Hell, Hajjis and Asians sure do love them some KFC and Big Macs.

US will get spit on no matter what they do and it should be expected. That is the beauty of America, you can say all the shit you want and still love the country. I find it extremely ignorant of people who hate America just because they're ruling the world. It is pure jealousy. Fuck I'd rather have America keeping the world in check instead of China or Russia.

America has a shitload of influence no matter what it does, it will have a ripple effect.
I appreciate that, I really do. Unfortunately the party currently in charge of our government takes the spitting and insults to heart instead of opinions like your own. When you try to be everyones friend you end up being their slave.
Heh real Machiavellian thing to say. To be honest, Obama is doing greater than what Bush did in the international arena. But what I read about your Senate they're being pretty fucking stupid.

But I find it appaling that the government will label people who disagree as racist, anti-american, redneck or whatever derogative synonym they would use.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

Cybargs wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

True the US doesn't need to maintain such a large military. A navy for day to day connectivity and an Army to protect mainland US. But remember, having US bases helps Americans in the long term by spheres of influence. Hell, Hajjis and Asians sure do love them some KFC and Big Macs.

US will get spit on no matter what they do and it should be expected. That is the beauty of America, you can say all the shit you want and still love the country. I find it extremely ignorant of people who hate America just because they're ruling the world. It is pure jealousy. Fuck I'd rather have America keeping the world in check instead of China or Russia.

America has a shitload of influence no matter what it does, it will have a ripple effect.
I appreciate that, I really do. Unfortunately the party currently in charge of our government takes the spitting and insults to heart instead of opinions like your own. When you try to be everyones friend you end up being their slave.
Heh real Machiavellian thing to say. To be honest, Obama is doing greater than what Bush did in the international arena. But what I read about your Senate they're being pretty fucking stupid.

But I find it appaling that the government will label people who disagree as racist, anti-american, redneck or whatever derogative synonym they would use.
It goes both ways. The other side refers to them as bedwetters, cowards, un-american, elitist, snobs etc. Yes, it is incredibly stupid. The sheer rabidness of many of the supporters of each party is appalling. Instead of thinking for themselves they eat up whatever the party line is even if it isn't what they really believe. Sheer idiocy. Instead of voting for the best candidate they blindly vote for that (D) or (R) because that's 'their party'.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Ticia wrote:

lowing wrote:

America is the "leader of the world" because it did not follow the footsteps of the Europeans.
ROFLMAO
laugh all ya want, it is the truth and you know it.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Spark wrote:

Honestly lowing? The arrogance to suggest 'we saved your asses therefore we are inherently better than you' is astounding.

I could mention lots of reasons why America is powerful none of which have anything to do with military might or being 'better' than anyone else.
never said we are better than you, I said we saved your asses so we must be doing something right in the wake of all of your opinions as to how fucked up we are.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

The American Revolution and the enactment of the US Constitution predates the French Revolution.
Good point.

lowing wrote:

tell me why know one turns to France then, when help is needed
Who turns to the US?
Ummmm, who hasn't would be a shorter list
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

The trouble is what is dressed up as US 'help' is just self-interest as often as not.
Same as the US only seems to give a toss about 'democracy' in resource rich nations.
yeah like Somolia, Bosnia, Afghanistan, France.......How does it feel to constantly be reminded that your opinions have no merit in truth?
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6482|Somewhere else

lowing wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

lowing wrote:

If you are a college student, why are you not on your parents insurance?
Late post... (Been Busy-Engineering classes) anyway.

I quit a full time DEAD END job (Im 27) I had for six years to go back to school.  I lived on my own for six years. Not possible to go on his insurance.
I see, so although I am not unsympathetic toward your situation, your position is still one of, I can not afford it, so you should be forced to buy it for me. Not a popular position for those that already pay for their own and have their own problems to deal with, some even worse than yours.
Yeah.  That's a good point and valid.  However, unless you don't believe in College Grants, Social Services for the mentally handicapped, Public Elderly care, (which, maybe you don't) then it seems hypocritical to accept one form of social aid, and reject another.

If you don't believe in social aid programs, such public health care, then community colleges should be shut down by that type of thought, public clinics as well.  Any successful society needs to care for the less fortunate, less intelligent, or the unhealthy, to a certain extent.    Even the rich and well off, who worked hard and earned their wealth.  Their wealth too would be worthless if there wasn't anything to spend it on.  A home, built by less wealthy people.  Food; grown, harvested and managed by low-middle class people.   Public utilities, Community law enforcement to defend and legally protect what they earned.  By caring for these people, we are investing in ourselves as a whole as a community to ensure it remains stable and safe, for every income level.

By caring for these people, keeping them healthy and financially viable, protecting them from financial ruin (from medical bills, in this example)  will in turn make them able to contribute back into the community through their own taxes and fees.  While certainly social services, even the health care reform will be abused by millions, but unless we want absolute control over our lives, system abuse will happen, in the free markets, in social services.   But care for people who cant afford it is essential for any society.  At worst, poor social care will breed dissent and violence.  At best a society's economic system becomes unstable when the largest class (Middle Class) sinks into various forms of debt, had that society set up preventative measures.

I am getting a bit off track, but the point is is that you obviously are aware that there are several intricacies involved, and as things are now, current health care does not cover several million people remotely adequately.

---------

As for the Origonal Post, yeah, that's sad.  Semi-Related, everytime a party reaches majority, it wants to rid of Filibusters, and the minority party visciously defends it, And when the seats switch the fight reverses parties too.

Both sides are guilty of this bullshit.   You honestly can't sell this as a typical thing liberals do.   It's a typical thing political parties do when it comes to their advantage.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

RoosterCantrell wrote:

lowing wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Late post... (Been Busy-Engineering classes) anyway.

I quit a full time DEAD END job (Im 27) I had for six years to go back to school.  I lived on my own for six years. Not possible to go on his insurance.
I see, so although I am not unsympathetic toward your situation, your position is still one of, I can not afford it, so you should be forced to buy it for me. Not a popular position for those that already pay for their own and have their own problems to deal with, some even worse than yours.
Yeah.  That's a good point and valid.  However, unless you don't believe in College Grants, Social Services for the mentally handicapped, Public Elderly care, (which, maybe you don't) then it seems hypocritical to accept one form of social aid, and reject another.

If you don't believe in social aid programs, such public health care, then community colleges should be shut down by that type of thought, public clinics as well.  Any successful society needs to care for the less fortunate, less intelligent, or the unhealthy, to a certain extent.    Even the rich and well off, who worked hard and earned their wealth.  Their wealth too would be worthless if there wasn't anything to spend it on.  A home, built by less wealthy people.  Food; grown, harvested and managed by low-middle class people.   Public utilities, Community law enforcement to defend and legally protect what they earned.  By caring for these people, we are investing in ourselves as a whole as a community to ensure it remains stable and safe, for every income level.

By caring for these people, keeping them healthy and financially viable, protecting them from financial ruin (from medical bills, in this example)  will in turn make them able to contribute back into the community through their own taxes and fees.  While certainly social services, even the health care reform will be abused by millions, but unless we want absolute control over our lives, system abuse will happen, in the free markets, in social services.   But care for people who cant afford it is essential for any society.  At worst, poor social care will breed dissent and violence.  At best a society's economic system becomes unstable when the largest class (Middle Class) sinks into various forms of debt, had that society set up preventative measures.

I am getting a bit off track, but the point is is that you obviously are aware that there are several intricacies involved, and as things are now, current health care does not cover several million people remotely adequately.

---------

As for the Origonal Post, yeah, that's sad.  Semi-Related, everytime a party reaches majority, it wants to rid of Filibusters, and the minority party visciously defends it, And when the seats switch the fight reverses parties too.

Both sides are guilty of this bullshit.   You honestly can't sell this as a typical thing liberals do.   It's a typical thing political parties do when it comes to their advantage.
A good post and you make valid points that I actually agree with. However what I am saying is, we all ready pay enough for social services most of do not use. I say manage those funds better. Like ATG so eloquently exclaimed. "I am not your ATM"! My money is not OUR money!

Last edited by lowing (2009-10-01 18:39:50)

RoosterCantrell
+399|6482|Somewhere else

lowing wrote:

A good post and you make valid points that I actually agree with. However what I am saying is, we all ready pay enough for social services most of do not use. I say manage those funds better. Like ATG so eloquently exclaimed. "I am not your ATM"! My money is not OUR money!
That's where I disagree.  My money isn't our money, but SOME of it is our money, if we want to live in a stable society.

I guess we could argue the proportions night and day, and yes definitely,  it all could be mangaed better.  But that will only happen when greed, selfishness, close-mindedness, and higher bi-partisan logic come around....... which is never.

The bottom line is, the current system doesn't work, is it so terrible to try something else, even if it is not an ideal situation for everybody?  That's not an argument what I just said, just something to ponder in either direction.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

RoosterCantrell wrote:

lowing wrote:

That's where I disagree.  My money isn't our money, but SOME of it is our money, if we want to live in a stable society.

I guess we could argue the proportions night and day, and yes definitely,  it all could be mangaed better.  But that will only happen when greed, selfishness, close-mindedness, and higher bi-partisan logic come around....... which is never.

The bottom line is, the current system doesn't work, is it so terrible to try something else, even if it is not an ideal situation for everybody?  That's not an argument what I just said, just something to ponder in either direction.
I already pay SOME of MY money to OUR social programs that I never use. You are saying that since it does not work, that the solution is to simply take MORE of MY money and make it OUR money. This is now stealing with a bow wrapped around it, and I am against it. There is such a thing as bleeding someone dry, to the point where you will get nothing.

You also speak of selfishness close-mindedness. Tell me what is more selfish and closed-minded. Working for a living and being responsible enough, ambitious enough and sacrifice enough to provide for yourself and your family, or to expect and simply force someone else's earnings from them to do it for you? By all means preach to me more about the selfish and closed-minded workers and earners and providers of society.
Explain to me again as to why the responsible people of society are the problem and not the leeches of society.

The real problem is, your endless string of excuses and acceptance of personal failure. Your attempt to blame everyone and anyone for personal failure EXCEPT the person who failed. Your attempt to subsidize and reward failure by punishing those who succeed (You call them selfish and close-minded) Taking away incentive to achieve by rewarding failure. This is the problem. Get out of my bank account already.

Last edited by lowing (2009-10-02 15:23:52)

RoosterCantrell
+399|6482|Somewhere else

lowing wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

lowing wrote:

I already pay SOME of MY money to OUR social programs that I never use. You are saying that since it does not work, that the solution is to simply take MORE of MY money and make it OUR money. This is now stealing with a bow wrapped around it, and I am against it. There is such a thing as bleeding someone dry, to the point where you will get nothing.

You also speak of selfishness close-mindedness. Tell me what is more selfish and closed-minded. Working for a living and being responsible enough, ambitious enough and sacrifice enough to provide for yourself and your family, or to expect and simply force someone else's earnings from them to do it for you? By all means preach to me more about the selfish and closed-minded workers and earners and providers of society.
Explain to me again as to why the responsible people of society are the problem and not the leeches of society.

The real problem is, your endless string of excuses and acceptance of personal failure. Your attempt to blame everyone and anyone for personal failure EXCEPT the person who failed. Your attempt to subsidize and reward failure by punishing those who succeed (You call them selfish and close-minded) Taking away incentive to achieve by rewarding failure. This is the problem. Get out of my bank account already.
wow.  I thought I had you locked into a reasonable debate.  THis is why I don't post on here much, sensationalism and lack of keeping a calm demeanor.  Unless you took my comments as an attack on you?   I was speaking of close-mindedness, greed, etc. as a political fact, not who you are, Lowing.

I did not say that the workers were the problem.  I was pretty clear on the idea of what a society needs, and never pointed to the hard workers of the USA as the problem.  This whole black and white, yes or no attitude is predictable, effective at stonewalling a debate, and just plain easy.

You know I have no interest in rewarding failure nor does any "liberal" politician. I hardly think you are anywhere near being "bled dry" by programs that help others with your precious money.  It's such a cop out to say it's "punishing those who succeed" like there is some lazy people's conspiracy to pass laws to fuck over hard working people.

Many people on here Lowing despise you.  I disagree with you on damn near every topic you debate upon.  But I do respect your opinion.  I'm not about to start to kiss your ass, but I do know you are intelligent enough to base your debate on facts, these types of responses are so trite and useless. lol, c'mon.

Also, personal failure?  by quitting a dead end job and going back to school?  my argument is based on the general situation, started off with the idea that a guy, me, is working for a better life, and feel that it would be helpful to have insurance to cover me on the ass end, so when my education GETS me a better job, MY precious money can be taxed back into the system, where the process can repeat.

Personal Failure... please.   I realize You too may have not meant that personally, and my own little story is the example I was leading my ideas on, that there arent JUST people out there who are loser ass failures, but useful people that just need a bit of help for a short time.

By your logic it seems like you are saying "I will not pay in to help people, because some of them will abuse it."  You would have to be either the most uncharitable, selfish person, or a hypocrite.   If that is not the case, anytime you ever donated or helped a charity, then you are smart enough to know, that somewhere, in those lines, someones gonna abuse your charity money, maybe a fraction of it, but someone will along that line.  Same with Government programs.  But because abuse happens, doesn't justify denying EVERYONE certain types of aid.

I know you are aware of this, but it's so much easier to label a valid argument as "a string of excuses" when there is a chance I may have a foot in the door of the argument.

Consider my ideas, that's all I ask.   THAT is the problem, stubbornness. Not here on this topic, in this debate in the political ring.  And if more people were to... loosen the fuck up,  and stop sensationalizing, granted, on both sides, things would resolve much more smoothly.  Well, maybe not, but at least alot of people could cut the bullshit.

So, saying "solution is to simply take MORE of MY money and make it OUR money".  is a perfect example.  I never said that, I never meant that, you know I never meant that, my whole post states that.

lol, I guess I was the fool to try to debate with the master.  I could clearly define every damn letter of my post, and still, you'd find some silly ass way to distort what others say, or ignore whole sections of a person's post.  I guess we're all guilty of that.  But, my hats off to you sir, you are a difficult one.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

RoosterCantrell wrote:

lowing wrote:

RoosterCantrell wrote:

wow.  I thought I had you locked into a reasonable debate.  THis is why I don't post on here much, sensationalism and lack of keeping a calm demeanor.  Unless you took my comments as an attack on you?   I was speaking of close-mindedness, greed, etc. as a political fact, not who you are, Lowing.

I did not say that the workers were the problem.  I was pretty clear on the idea of what a society needs, and never pointed to the hard workers of the USA as the problem.  This whole black and white, yes or no attitude is predictable, effective at stonewalling a debate, and just plain easy.

You know I have no interest in rewarding failure nor does any "liberal" politician. I hardly think you are anywhere near being "bled dry" by programs that help others with your precious money.  It's such a cop out to say it's "punishing those who succeed" like there is some lazy people's conspiracy to pass laws to fuck over hard working people.

Many people on here Lowing despise you.  I disagree with you on damn near every topic you debate upon.  But I do respect your opinion.  I'm not about to start to kiss your ass, but I do know you are intelligent enough to base your debate on facts, these types of responses are so trite and useless. lol, c'mon.

Also, personal failure?  by quitting a dead end job and going back to school?  my argument is based on the general situation, started off with the idea that a guy, me, is working for a better life, and feel that it would be helpful to have insurance to cover me on the ass end, so when my education GETS me a better job, MY precious money can be taxed back into the system, where the process can repeat.

Personal Failure... please.   I realize You too may have not meant that personally, and my own little story is the example I was leading my ideas on, that there arent JUST people out there who are loser ass failures, but useful people that just need a bit of help for a short time.

By your logic it seems like you are saying "I will not pay in to help people, because some of them will abuse it."  You would have to be either the most uncharitable, selfish person, or a hypocrite.   If that is not the case, anytime you ever donated or helped a charity, then you are smart enough to know, that somewhere, in those lines, someones gonna abuse your charity money, maybe a fraction of it, but someone will along that line.  Same with Government programs.  But because abuse happens, doesn't justify denying EVERYONE certain types of aid.

I know you are aware of this, but it's so much easier to label a valid argument as "a string of excuses" when there is a chance I may have a foot in the door of the argument.

Consider my ideas, that's all I ask.   THAT is the problem, stubbornness. Not here on this topic, in this debate in the political ring.  And if more people were to... loosen the fuck up,  and stop sensationalizing, granted, on both sides, things would resolve much more smoothly.  Well, maybe not, but at least alot of people could cut the bullshit.

So, saying "solution is to simply take MORE of MY money and make it OUR money".  is a perfect example.  I never said that, I never meant that, you know I never meant that, my whole post states that.

lol, I guess I was the fool to try to debate with the master.  I could clearly define every damn letter of my post, and still, you'd find some silly ass way to distort what others say, or ignore whole sections of a person's post.  I guess we're all guilty of that.  But, my hats off to you sir, you are a difficult one.
Not sure where you got the iea that I was hostile. I was not, I also did not take anything you said personally. Maybe my bluntness about how I feel about wealth redistribution, ( taking money from someone for no other reason than to redistribute it on the grounds of fairness) was mis-leading.

No you never said "solution is to simply take MORE of MY money and make it OUR money". I said it as a translation for all of your pleasant rhetoric about what you want to happen. IF your solution is NOT to take more money from those that have it, to dump into yet more mis-managed and abused social programs as a solution to those programs, I guess I missed it.

I have considered your ideas, do not think otherwise because the nottion of theft was rejected by me.

Again, I already pay for social programs, the solution is to manage them properly, not throw more of my money ( money I earn to sustain my family) to cover up abuse and failure within those programs.

Your notion that liberals have no intention of rewarding failure is simply wrong. Their ideology does exactly that. andwhy? BEcause the more people they can get under control  and dependent on govt. the more powerful they become.

I know that I am not well liked in this forum, but I am hated by liberal apologists who put entitlement over personal responsiblity, and I promise you, I can live with it and would not have it any other way. For if I saw myself agreeing with a liberal and liberal ideology I would have to take a step back and re-evaluate my position, seriously.

Last edited by lowing (2009-10-04 07:49:06)

Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6002|The Mitten
It seems to me RC's post was to redo the management system of the money, not the amount of money they manage.
EDIT: I think you're confusing liberals with Mr. Burns.

Last edited by Morpheus (2009-10-03 13:01:33)

EE (hats
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Morpheus wrote:

It seems to me RC's post was to redo the management system of the money, not the amount of money they manage.
no actually, NOT taking more money from those that have it, and start managing properly the social services already in existence is my fuckin' argument.
In fact, my suggesting such a thing was so terrible that he took it as a personal insult and deemed me confrontational and impossible to talk to.

RC and others,  seem to have no problem taking as much money as they deem necessary from the earners to accomplish their goals of complete govt. dependency. Please notice how I am the one who uses words like personal responsibility, achievement goals and ambition, while people like him use words like lucky, fortunate, selfish and fairness etc..

I know exactly what a liberal is and what their intentions are.

Last edited by lowing (2009-10-04 07:47:15)

RoosterCantrell
+399|6482|Somewhere else

lowing wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

no actually, NOT taking more money from those that have it, and start managing properly the social services already in existence is my fuckin' argument.
In fact, my suggesting such a thing was so terrible that he took it as a personal insult and deemed me confrontational and impossible to talk to.

RC and others,  seem to have no problem taking as much money as they deem necessary from the earners to accomplish their goals of complete govt. dependency. Please notice how I am the one who uses words like personal responsibility, achievement goals and ambition, while people like him use words like lucky, fortunate, selfish and fairness etc..

Lowing wrote:

By all means preach to me more about the selfish and closed-minded workers and earners and providers of society.
"By all means".... You cannot deny that THAT is not confrontational.  I doubt you meant that honestly.   It was obviously sarcastic, and rude.  Not that that bothered me, but to deny that you are confrontational, c'mon.

Again, I never said I " have no problem taking as much money as they deem necessary from the earners to accomplish their goals of complete govt. dependency" That again is absolutely untrue.  You conjure up these interpretations that are absolutely wild to try to justify and solidfy your post.  This is blindly ignoring key aspects of my post and is pure cherry picking tinged off with unfounded assumptions created to suit your argument.

Lowing wrote:

Please notice how I am the one who uses words like personal responsibility, achievement goals and ambition, while people like him use words like lucky, fortunate, selfish and fairness etc..
So if a person were to get cancer...twice.. they are irresponsible, or unambitious?  You seem to cradle this idea that "liberals" or even me are out to give the local deadbeat a weekly check.   IF you can stop with your stonewalling and at least acknowledge that I have never implied or suggested hard earned money should go to whiny, defeatist people because i wielded the word "fair".

If it's a tax that affects you, Lowing, it's merely the damn Liberals taking your had earned money and giving it to losers and deadbeats. Anytime someone tries to bring another view to you...you stonewall and any attempt to get you to dare cross into the field of changing your mind, it's much easier to pigeon hole them, distort their posts, and distort them with sunday morning cartoon style stereotypes.

Lowing wrote:

"explain to me again"   I am sure you meant me "to explain it again" because you were truelly confused, and this was not meant sarcastically, and.. again.. Confrontational.

Also,  When did I say that "the responsible people of society are the problem"  YOu are not even distorting what I said.  I never said that.  That is a perfect example of the irrelevant sterotypes you pull out to sway an arguement, further by implying I DID say that.

I guess it was my turn to learn the futility of trying to debate with you.  Not because I am right, I'm not, I don't have the answers.  The problem is it seems you think you are right, and will not listen any other wa, and everyone feels like it's talking to a wall.  It's like we are trying to argue with an answering machine.

Hell, you might be right.  But at least I don't use stall tactics to deter a reasonable debate.   So as much as you say you aren't confrontational, I have given a few examples where you are wrong.

Maybe it's hard to convey tone through text but the few quotes I chose are examples enough of where you are confrontational.  Not that that is wrong, or it hurt my precious liberal feelings.  But to say you aren't but obviously are, is a clue to your overall conduct and intolerance to disagreeable comments here.

Now, I take a small bow, and sincerely mean it when I say that I have no intention of riling you up, or calling you out, but there is some things here you are wrong about, which I guess is losing way from the original debate.
ruisleipa
+149|6225|teh FIN-land

lowing wrote:

For if I saw myself agreeing with a liberal and liberal ideology I would have to take a step back and re-evaluate my position, seriously.
And this is the crux right here isn't it. You automatically think that anyone or anything you label 'liberl', 'socialist', 'democratic' or whatever is wrong, so even if you would agree with it, you'd have to reconsider your opinion and reformulate your views in order to DISagree with it! Very open-minded.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

RoosterCantrell wrote:

lowing wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

Lowing wrote:

By all means preach to me more about the selfish and closed-minded workers and earners and providers of society.
"By all means".... You cannot deny that THAT is not confrontational.  I doubt you meant that honestly.   It was obviously sarcastic, and rude.  Not that that bothered me, but to deny that you are confrontational, c'mon.

Again, I never said I " have no problem taking as much money as they deem necessary from the earners to accomplish their goals of complete govt. dependency" That again is absolutely untrue.  You conjure up these interpretations that are absolutely wild to try to justify and solidfy your post.  This is blindly ignoring key aspects of my post and is pure cherry picking tinged off with unfounded assumptions created to suit your argument.

Lowing wrote:

Please notice how I am the one who uses words like personal responsibility, achievement goals and ambition, while people like him use words like lucky, fortunate, selfish and fairness etc..
So if a person were to get cancer...twice.. they are irresponsible, or unambitious?  You seem to cradle this idea that "liberals" or even me are out to give the local deadbeat a weekly check.   IF you can stop with your stonewalling and at least acknowledge that I have never implied or suggested hard earned money should go to whiny, defeatist people because i wielded the word "fair".

If it's a tax that affects you, Lowing, it's merely the damn Liberals taking your had earned money and giving it to losers and deadbeats. Anytime someone tries to bring another view to you...you stonewall and any attempt to get you to dare cross into the field of changing your mind, it's much easier to pigeon hole them, distort their posts, and distort them with sunday morning cartoon style stereotypes.

Lowing wrote:

"explain to me again"   I am sure you meant me "to explain it again" because you were truelly confused, and this was not meant sarcastically, and.. again.. Confrontational.

Also,  When did I say that "the responsible people of society are the problem"  YOu are not even distorting what I said.  I never said that.  That is a perfect example of the irrelevant sterotypes you pull out to sway an arguement, further by implying I DID say that.

I guess it was my turn to learn the futility of trying to debate with you.  Not because I am right, I'm not, I don't have the answers.  The problem is it seems you think you are right, and will not listen any other wa, and everyone feels like it's talking to a wall.  It's like we are trying to argue with an answering machine.

Hell, you might be right.  But at least I don't use stall tactics to deter a reasonable debate.   So as much as you say you aren't confrontational, I have given a few examples where you are wrong.

Maybe it's hard to convey tone through text but the few quotes I chose are examples enough of where you are confrontational.  Not that that is wrong, or it hurt my precious liberal feelings.  But to say you aren't but obviously are, is a clue to your overall conduct and intolerance to disagreeable comments here.

Now, I take a small bow, and sincerely mean it when I say that I have no intention of riling you up, or calling you out, but there is some things here you are wrong about, which I guess is losing way from the original debate.
If you want to see "confrontational", try reading the posts where I am labeled a racist, idiot, war monger, nazi, etc...... then you will understand confrontational.

With all of your pleasantries there is only 2 sides to this debate. You either want to take more money from those that earn it to solve your problems of "fairness", or you want to re-evaluate the spending of the money you already take from the earners to fund projects they do not use.

So enough with the bullshit, which do you choose. I choose the re-evaluation of the money you are already taking.

Last edited by lowing (2009-10-07 03:45:03)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

lowing wrote:

For if I saw myself agreeing with a liberal and liberal ideology I would have to take a step back and re-evaluate my position, seriously.
And this is the crux right here isn't it. You automatically think that anyone or anything you label 'liberl', 'socialist', 'democratic' or whatever is wrong, so even if you would agree with it, you'd have to reconsider your opinion and reformulate your views in order to DISagree with it! Very open-minded.
Nope, not closed minded at all, I have read, evaluated, a reject liberalism. They only way to prosperity is through personal responsibility. Not through the siphoning someone elses efforts.
ruisleipa
+149|6225|teh FIN-land
Sorry, it is the very definition of close-minded. Sad thing is that you're only fooling yourself. Why do you feel the need to stick so strongly to one mode of thinking? There are myriad ways of understanding everything. It's not a dichotomy, not an us vs. them, black or white situation. Generally I lean to the left of the political spectrum, but there are times when I agree with a more right-wing view. I'm only kidding myself if I slavishly follow one party or one line of thought. If I do so I am not rationally and intellectually analysing the situation, I am dumbly following someone else. To be honest, slavishly following politicians or a political ideology isn't thinking for yourself, it's towing the line. If you think that what you call 'liberalism''s main idea is to 'siphon someone else's efforts', then I'm afraid you have an extremely blinkered way of looking at it. Kinda like a supporter of Hitler's saying, 'hang on a minute, I'm not sure about this holocaust thing...[pause]...but I agree with Hitler most of the time so therefore I MUST agree with that as well.' It's unquestioning support for ideologies that causes so much anger and pain in the world, don't you think?
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6151|'straya

ruisleipa wrote:

Sorry, it is the very definition of close-minded. Sad thing is that you're only fooling yourself. Why do you feel the need to stick so strongly to one mode of thinking? There are myriad ways of understanding everything. It's not a dichotomy, not an us vs. them, black or white situation. Generally I lean to the left of the political spectrum, but there are times when I agree with a more right-wing view. I'm only kidding myself if I slavishly follow one party or one line of thought. If I do so I am not rationally and intellectually analysing the situation, I am dumbly following someone else. To be honest, slavishly following politicians or a political ideology isn't thinking for yourself, it's towing the line. If you think that what you call 'liberalism''s main idea is to 'siphon someone else's efforts', then I'm afraid you have an extremely blinkered way of looking at it. Kinda like a supporter of Hitler's saying, 'hang on a minute, I'm not sure about this holocaust thing...[pause]...but I agree with Hitler most of the time so therefore I MUST agree with that as well.' It's unquestioning support for ideologies that causes so much anger and pain in the world, don't you think?
Pretty much effectively summed up my thoughts exactly.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6719

lowing wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

lowing wrote:

Nope, not closed minded at all.
Liberals are open minded... So you're a liberal now?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

I do think for myself, which is why I prosper. I have been "down and out". Only through my own perseverance did I bounce back to succeed. By blaming myself for my problems and seeking a solution from within won me success. During my darkest hours I did not siphon one penny of govt. social programs. I earned my way out.

If you think liberalism something more than govt. control and spreading the wealth in the name of fairness, you are the one who is close minded.

I do not follow politicians or political agenda. I have my own views and opinions. It just so happens I support an opinion that your problems are not OUR problems, and MY money is not OUR money.

I have a belief that I am better suited to solve my problems better than WE are. I have seen govt solutions, no thanks.

Last edited by lowing (2009-10-07 04:27:03)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Cybargs wrote:

lowing wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Nope. Not even close. read up
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6413|'Murka

Cybargs wrote:

lowing wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Open-mindedness and close-mindedness is completely unrelated to political affiliation.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6654|USA

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

ruisleipa wrote:

Pretty much effectively summed up my thoughts exactly.
then you are just as comfortable in the dark as he is. Whatever you do, do not turn on the flashlight you should have brought with you. Expect that someone else will provide the light for you. I am sure they will have no problem burning up their batteries for you, instead of lighting a path for their family

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard