Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5511|Iron Gater
Hello again, by now im sure most of you are sick of my tech support topics but I could use some help. I have recently installed Bf2 on a computer of mine, and it worked out just fine, although when I tried to launch the executable on my desktop things went downhill. The little box that says "Battlefield 2" with some scenery from Karkand behind it comes up, and then the screen goes black. The screen remains black for a matter of seconds, and then it jumps right back to my desktop. I have tried this on multiple computers, and this has happened on two of them. Basically the game wont start up. Is there a fix for this?

-Thanks in advance
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Morbid_Hunger wrote:

Hello again, by now im sure most of you are sick of my tech support topics but I could use some help. I have recently installed Bf2 on a computer of mine, and it worked out just fine, although when I tried to launch the executable on my desktop things went downhill. The little box that says "Battlefield 2" with some scenery from Karkand behind it comes up, and then the screen goes black. The screen remains black for a matter of seconds, and then it jumps right back to my desktop. I have tried this on multiple computers, and this has happened on two of them. Basically the game wont start up. Is there a fix for this?

-Thanks in advance
Yep, it's called stop downloading torrents and install the game from the real disc.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5511|Iron Gater

JohnG@lt wrote:

Yep, it's called stop downloading torrents and install the game from the real disc.
Assumptions like that irritate me. Ive got the disc bro.
Shimakaze
Through the valley of the shadow of death...
+6|5319|Vancouver, Canada
What are your system specs? Specifically the video card.

The usual troubleshooting step is to make sure all of your hardware drivers are up-to-date and your DirectX runtime is the latest version.

Have you ever had the game installed on that computer before? Did it work?
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5511|Iron Gater

Shimakaze wrote:

What are your system specs? Specifically the video card.

The usual troubleshooting step is to make sure all of your hardware drivers are up-to-date and your DirectX runtime is the latest version.

Have you ever had the game installed on that computer before? Did it work?
Im not sure what the specs are or the verson of DirectX although I will find out later tonight. This is the first time for the computer but not for the disc. +1
Shimakaze
Through the valley of the shadow of death...
+6|5319|Vancouver, Canada

Morbid_Hunger wrote:

Im not sure what the specs are or the verson of DirectX although I will find out later tonight. This is the first time for the computer but not for the disc. +1
Once you figure out the specs, you can try updating the software if you haven't done so already. Your game's patched up to 1.5 right?

Latest DirectX Runtime Installer

Nvidia Driver Download

ATI Driver Download
baggs
+732|6175
Have you copied over ANY files from a previous BF2 install?
Morbid_Hunger
Playstation 3 Junkie
+20|5511|Iron Gater

Shimakaze wrote:

Once you figure out the specs, you can try updating the software if you haven't done so already. Your game's patched up to 1.5 right?
Patched to 1.5, The computer was bought new within the last year so I dont think its out of date hardware. Ill update DirectX through your links although new drivers have given me trouble in the past. +1

baggs wrote:

Have you copied over ANY files from a previous BF2 install?
No files copied >< +1

Last edited by Morbid_Hunger (2009-09-30 21:15:49)

baggs
+732|6175
Do you use dual screen?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
I've had exactly the same problem before:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=127695

As it says there reinstall the game and your graphics card drivers, that should hopefully rectify the problem.

Last edited by coke (2009-10-01 08:11:45)

Fateless
+36|6212|Jennifer Connellys Pants
Go to My Documents/BF2 Cut and paste the profiles folder to your desktop and load the game. Retrieve an account and play.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard