Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

The U.S. Secret Service is investigating an online survey that asked whether people thought President Barack Obama should be assassinated, officials said Monday.

The poll, posted Saturday on Facebook, was taken off the popular social networking site quickly after company officials were alerted to its existence. But, like any threat against the president, Secret Service agents are taking no chances.

"We are aware of it and we will take the appropriate investigative steps," said Darrin Blackford, a Secret Service spokesman. "We take of these things seriously."

The poll asked respondents "Should Obama be killed?" The choices: No, Maybe, Yes, and Yes if he cuts my health care.

The question was not created by Facebook, but by an independent person using an add-on application that has been suspended from the site.

"The third-party application that enabled an individual user to create the offensive poll was brought to our attention this morning," said Barry Schnitt, Facebook's spokesman for policy.

Because the application was disabled, the responses to the nonscientific polls are not available.

"We're working with the U.S. Secret Service, but they'll need to provide any details of their investigation," Schnitt said.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art … gD9B0GIE81
You think the Secret Service is overreacting? Do you think when they find the guy they should punish him or do you think it was just a joke?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

I dunno. What kind of reaction do you think they would have had to our "3 Bullets" thread? I mean we all posted people that we think should be shot, it's not like any of us would go out and actually do it though.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5402
they investigate all threats.  some muppet decided to make an article.  some muppet decided to post it.  thanks macbeth, now the SS is watching us.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

"Yes if he cuts my health care."

Oh how I laughed.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
TrueMusou
+36|6162|United States Of Hamerica
Are you serious? The secret service have their priorities ass hat backwards. When the POTUS was in town...and they had protesters with AR-15s they seemed to give a rat's ass about them. But when some angst teenager decided to be a troll on fucking FACEBOOK, the SS have their panties in a bunch and launch an investigation. Bra-fucking-vo.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

What do thEse guyS tHink wOULD happen? some random would have the sKILLs tO attempt to use a Bomb or fireArM to kill the us president? whAt a joke.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6543|Texas - Bigger than France
All threats are investigated.

Example:
Confiscating anit-Bush drawings from a 15 year old
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/170992_prosser28.html

I'm not quite sure how they can't investigate every one...just in case.  Just like I'm not quite sure HOW they can investigate every one.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
Gee thanks Flecs for getting us all bumped up 10 places on the to-watch list.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

TrueMusou wrote:

Are you serious? The secret service have their priorities ass hat backwards. When the POTUS was in town...and they had protesters with AR-15s they seemed to give a rat's ass about them. But when some angst teenager decided to be a troll on fucking FACEBOOK, the SS have their panties in a bunch and launch an investigation. Bra-fucking-vo.
Because as far as I can tell, walking around with guns is perfectly legal so long as you don't show "intent" - making potential death 'questions' against the president, however, is not.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6628|Canada

TrueMusou wrote:

You dont think that a sniper team and a swath of plain clothed SS had their sights zeroed in on those people at all times? How can u say that they didnt give a rats ass? Are you mentally ill?
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
*hears black helicopters approach*
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6580|Columbus, OH

Ty wrote:

I dunno. What kind of reaction do you think they would have had to our "3 Bullets" thread? I mean we all posted people that we think should be shot, it's not like any of us would go out and actually do it though.
I had a feeling some one was going to pull that stunt ~ sigh

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard