MECtallica
+73|6500|jalalabad
not 100% sure but I think at 18 you can just go straight for your license, if not it's at least intermediate, I think the learner is only for liability and safety reasons if you're under 18
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5698|College Park, MD
*facepalm*

short story time: My family's housekeeper needed to get a learner's permit before getting a license and she's over 18 years old (not sure how old tbh, but obviously over 18 otherwise I wouldn't bother telling this story).

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-09-27 21:19:34)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Wallpaper
+303|5990|The pool
If you have to have the permit for 9 months no matter what, just get it now.

Sucks to live in Maryland though. In Washington (state) afaik you can get a full license at 18 if you pass the written/driving tests, no permit or classes required. Thats what Im doing atleast, going to save $500.
VicktorVauhn
+319|6388|Southern California

Wallpaper wrote:

If you have to have the permit for 9 months no matter what, just get it now.

Sucks to live in Maryland though. In Washington (state) afaik you can get a full license at 18 if you pass the written/driving tests, no permit or classes required. Thats what Im doing atleast, going to save $500.
Well that is the entire point of the thread... He is trying to figure out if he does have to wait 9 months no matter what, or if he can simply get a license when he turns 18 so that he can skip the 9 month wait.

Is this really that hard guys?
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
It isn't, and he's already had it answered. I lived in Maryland (still technically do although I'm in Cali right now) and you have to get a learner's permit regardless of whether or not you are over 18.
VicktorVauhn

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

It isn't, and he's already had it answered. I lived in Maryland (still technically do although I'm in Cali right now) and you have to get a learner's permit regardless of whether or not you are over 18.
yeah but do you have to wait the whole 9 months still?

Like I said I am fairly sure that in cali you have to get the permit, but you are allowed to immediately go get a license right after you get the permit instead of having to wait how ever many days.

Plus this is a new law, which means the laws regarding it recently changed.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
True. But I think you do still need to wait the whole 9 months; at least that's what I remember from driver's ed (although that was back when itw as only 6 months lulz).

j56 your best bet is to suck it up and call the MVA. Call the Gaithersburg office they're probably not as shitty as the Largo office.
Wallpaper
+303|5990|The pool

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Is this really that hard guys?
I read it twice, but wasnt quite sure wtf he wanted to know, so I guessed
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6362|California

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Like I said I am fairly sure that in cali you have to get the permit, but you are allowed to immediately go get a license right after you get the permit instead of having to wait how ever many days.

In California, you can get your learners permit at 15 1/2 then after 6 months you are able to take your drivers test, if you pass, you are now a licensed driver, that's what I did, right as I turned 15 1/2, straight to the DMV I went, I started driving half way through my junior year since I was young, im still 17 and i'm in college...
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5901|CA
If you're so anti-social then email them
http://www.mva.maryland.gov/contact.htm

MVA wrote:

(You will receive an answer via email within 3 business days)
Or grow a pair, dial the number, and ask.  It's simple really.  "Hello, I'm 18 years old, do I have to apply for a permit in order to get a license, or can I skip the permit and test for a license?"  They'll either say Yes or No along with some tips/info (if they're nice enough), you say thanks and hang up.  15 seconds of your life.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2009-09-27 23:16:47)

VicktorVauhn

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

In California, you can get your learners permit at 15 1/2 then after 6 months you are able to take your drivers test, if you pass, you are now a licensed driver, that's what I did, right as I turned 15 1/2, straight to the DMV I went, I started driving half way through my junior year since I was young, im still 17 and i'm in college...
gah, what? I mean.... you guys still don't get the point?!

This is NOTHING about how early you can get a permit, or even how long a minor needs to wait. Its about 18 year olds with no license or permit.

You guys make my head hurt.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6661|NT, like Mick Dundee

VicktorVauhn wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

This is NOTHING about how early you can get a permit, or even how long a minor needs to wait. Its about 18 year olds with no license or permit.

Serious?

Meh, here no matter what your age you still do the 6 month learners then 2 year probation.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6435|King Of The Islands

Flecco wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Serious?

Meh, here no matter what your age you still do the 6 month learners then 2 year probation.
This, 'cept 2 years and 4 years respectively.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6435|somewhere other then here
in florida u can get your learners permit at 15. But you have to have it for a year before u can get your license
VicktorVauhn

Flecco wrote:

VicktorVauhn wrote:

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

Serious?

Yeah, we give out licenses to fucking anybody. I guess not that much worse then most countries though, cept we figure that as soon as your 18 a switch will flip and you will have that shit down, no experience needed.

Drivers training should be done on a wet skid pad TBH.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard