Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Teen Attacked, Beaten to Death in Melee
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/me … ion_albert
Watch the video, it shows the entire thing.
This is the hard lesson some students at Fenger High School have to deal with after a day of learning. For them it's a hard lesson of reality on the streets.

Thursday after school, two rival gangs got into a fight three blocks from the high school.

In all four students were beaten in that melee -- one was released from the hospital Friday morning.

While police continue their investigation, some students say they don't want to go back to Fenger next week.

Rival gang members have been fighting for a month -- and each time one of their fellow classmates is injured.

No knives and no guns were used in Thursday's fight. Just fists, feet and boards.

Derrion Albert, 16, was struck in the head by one of those boards.

Seconds later the honor student hit the pavement. That’s when witnesses, who are other high school students, say gangbangers began stomping on and punching Albert.
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/me … ion_albert

Now they're all underage kids right? So do you think they should only be charged and punished as kids since "boys will be boys" or do you think that they should have the full force of the law thrown at them? Now maybe I'm making something out of nothing but I'm willing to bet that there is somebody that is going to blame this on the police or teachers or something. Dumb broads like this,

Still don't get why people would rather side with the scum rather than the police protecting them. I mean seriously, if there was a cop there and he tried to stop this giant fight and was attacked with a 2x4 and ended up shooting a kid or two would you really feel all that bad?
Harmor
Error_Name_Not_Found
+605|6550|San Diego, CA, USA
They used boards?
TrueMusou
+36|6162|United States Of Hamerica
skateboards?  I don't know...

Simple answer...if murder had taken place. Throw the book at every single one of em. If they think they're so hard and gangsta, try them as adults.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6446|The Land of Scott Walker
Perhaps we should exempt gang members from truancy laws.  Then the kids who actually want to learn at school don't get taken out in the middle of stupid turf wars.  Then the gang members will be armed and we can let them do a little natural selection on themselves.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL
Why aren't gangs being considered terrorist organizations?  If i flashed a Hezbollah sign out on the streets, i'd be in federal prison by the next day.  They operate the same, treat them the same.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5703|College Park, MD

S.Lythberg wrote:

Why aren't gangs being considered terrorist organizations?  If i flashed a Hezbollah sign out on the streets, i'd be in federal prison by the next day.  They operate the same, treat them the same.
I agree to an extent. Simply being in a gang IMO should not be grounds for arrest. Joining in destructive gang activity (robberies, murders, etc) should be prosecuted as if they were terrorists though.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I agree to an extent. Simply being in a gang IMO should not be grounds for arrest. Joining in destructive gang activity (robberies, murders, etc) should be prosecuted as if they were terrorists though.
I think being in a gang that has been designated as a criminal organization should be grounds for an arrest, they're part of the criminal enterprise, regardless of whether or not they get their hands dirty.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6697|NJ
How come it's always the honor student?

OK if he was so smart what is he doing fucking around in those clicks?

But on the side note, kids fight, it's what they do.. Let them do it in a constructive way, get the "Gangs" into boxing gear and have it supervised. Stop being so stupid with this shit..
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6718|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

S.Lythberg wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

I think being in a gang that has been designated as a criminal organization should be grounds for an arrest, they're part of the criminal enterprise, regardless of whether or not they get their hands dirty.
I don't get why we can't try gang members under the RICO statutes that we use to go after the mafia.  They might not be as formal or as organized as the mafia, but gangs are still criminal organizations.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6579|Columbus, OH
It is ignorance of the people who think it is sole responsibility of law-enforcement is to make their neighborhood safer; the same attitude goes to the school system to help raise their children for them. It is also irony when law-enforcement cracks some skulls in a bad neighborhood, those people protest against the police. But when the police back down and let the neighborhood go to shit, the same people protest why is there no police or why did it take forever for the police to show up.

Cincinnati, OH had the same problem several years ago with it's black community. Conclusion: People will never change.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard