TBT_Delta
+0|6769
Hi all,
I have not been able to find any other posts about this.  Under the requirements for the armored service ribbon is says "20 minutes in an armor class vehicle in a round" and "19 kills in a tank or apc in a round".  My big question is, Do both requirements have to be in the SAME round to get the ribbon or can you fullfill each of the 2 requirements in different rounds?  The aerial service ribbon says "15 minutes in an airplane in a round" and "19 kills in an airplane in the SAME round".  But for the armored service ribbon it does not say in the same round.  I have made the kill requirement many times, but have not gotten the ribbon yet.  I can only assume its becuase of the time requirement.  Does anyone know for sure about this?  Most servers I play on usually only have 300 tickets and the games hardly last 20 min.

-Thanks

Last edited by TBT_Delta (2005-10-12 13:17:57)

beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6778

TBT_Delta wrote:

Hi all,
I have not been able to find any other posts about this.  Under the requirements for the armored service ribbon is says "20 minutes in an armor class vehicle in a round" and "19 kills in a tank or apc in a round".  My big question is, Do both requirements have to be in the SAME round to get the ribbon or can you fullfill each of the 2 requirements in different rounds?  The aerial service ribbon says "15 minutes in an airplane in a round" and "19 kills in an airplane in the SAME round".  But for the armored service ribbon it does not say in the same round.  I have made the kill requirement many times, but have not gotten the ribbon yet.  I can only assume its becuase of the time requirement.  Does anyone know for sure about this?  Most servers I play on usually only have 300 tickets and the games hardly last 20 min.

-Thanks
yes, same round
Faith +1
+1|6806|Arizona
Criteria:

* Vehicle Qualification: Satisfactory
    * Vehicle Combat Rating: Satisfactory

Requirements:

* IAR: 20 minutes in an Armor Vehicle
    * IAR: 19 kills in an Armor Vehicle

Ubar says both IAR - which = In A Round.
Dilligas
+6|6774
you have to have a map with 300 tickets...helps, I was one away one night.
thinner44
+1|6802
I have to say that getting the ASR was one of the easiest ribbons to get so far*, considering most 'rounds' can last an hour or more. It also doesn't mean 'in a single tank/apc', so if you do get killed, go back and kill again.

*excludes the ribbons you get just for thinking about playing the game, you know the type
ArkAng37
+1|6837|San Antonio, TX
I got mine at kubra dam and it took me a shit load of time to get it. I had to drive and kill and drive and kill and drive some more untill I got it. I promise you I went around the whole map at least 10 times before I got the ribbon.
TBT_Delta
+0|6769

Faith +1 wrote:

Criteria:

* Vehicle Qualification: Satisfactory
    * Vehicle Combat Rating: Satisfactory

Requirements:

* IAR: 20 minutes in an Armor Vehicle
    * IAR: 19 kills in an Armor Vehicle

Ubar says both IAR - which = In A Round.
Yeah, but that doesnt mean in the SAME round.  Look at the requirments for the aerial service ribbon.  That specifically says "in the same round".  I may not be explaining this clear enough.  What the requirements for the armor service ribbon mean to me is that in 1 round spend 20 minutes in an armor vehicle and in 1 round get at least 19 kills.  But they dont have to be the same round, they can be any round or they could be in the same round.  I was wondering if anyone has gotten the armor service ribbon by fullfilling the 2 requirments in 2 different rounds?
96D
+0|6767|Maryland, USA
You're just going to have to chalk that up to inconsistent wording. All IAR requirements listed for any one award have to be met in the same round.
=SA=VaSSiLi
+2|6763
A good way to spend that much time in a tank in one round, might be to join a server with fewer people, so the tickets decrease more slowly.  Make sure there are still enough enemies for you to get the 20 kills though.. Maybe a 30 player server on a map like Sharqi Peninsula might be good.
AnarkyXtra
BF2s EU Server Admin
+67|6779|Hanging onto the UAV
My advice for the ASR:  do it on Dragon Valley as PRC.

Spawn as an engineer at the Market Place and grab the APC. Drive out of the Market Place and turn right. Park it under the giant oil pipes just before you get to the bridge. Take potshots at all the Blackhawks and Cobras as they steam through the valley. Blackhawks are particularly good targets as they're usually loaded with troops early in the game.

Try and be a squad leader too - not only can you then repair your APC if it gets damaged, but you can call for supply drops near your location.

Take a look at my stats: most of those Armor kills are from the APC
TBT_Delta
+0|6769
Thanks for all your input, I will definiatly try out some of your strategies.  Thanks for clairifying the requirements.
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6838
i got it on a 32 player server when i wasnt trying to, after all the times i had

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard