I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6362|England - Kent
The Product (Belkin)...

Belkin Wireless G Router
Model:                 F5D7230-4
Version:               2001UK
Firmware Version: 4.05.03

The Issue (Xbox 360/MTU Settings)...

Hi guys having abit of an issue. My Xbox 360 is saying my net doesn't have sufficient MTU setting and that to be able to reach Xbox Live I must have a minimum MTU of 1364.
Does any one know how to change/reach this setting in the Belkin routers as i cant spot this in the router web-page/internal settings any where!

I would also like to point out that after about 3/4 months of happly playing this has never been an issue before untill now. I have not changed any of the settings but Xbox Live was patching Fable 2 then rested the Xbox and since then i have had the issue.

Any help would be great as I am on day 10 of giving up smoking and am about ready to launch the whole unit out the window!!!!1
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6628|London, England
Not sure, but what about resetting your router. Do a factory reset. I'm sure the setting is there somewhere.

Infact I have a Belkin,

When I go to

http://192.168.2.1/

On the left side under utilities there's the reset factory setting. You'll have to set it all up again though once you've done that. Also resetting the xbox network settings and doing that again once you've reset the router probably wouldn't harm either.

That's what I'd try and do if I was getting that problem
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6585|Columbus, OH
The MTU can be found in the WAN/Internet section of your router. 1500MTU for cable or 149? MTU for DSL as far as I know.
Personally I recommend upgrading to a gaming router that is compatible to XBOX Live and various gaming ports to avoid problems like yours.
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6362|England - Kent
Mekstizzle - I tried that and it dodnt work

Loubot - The only option where I can change my MTU settings is in the connection type PPPoE but i use Dynamic.

Some thing must have chaged to cause this! Dam you Belkin! Dam you Xbox!
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6585|Columbus, OH
Looking at Version 7xxx User Manual (P74559-B???), the MTU setting is were you set PPoE, username, password in the WAN section of the router.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard