R0lyP0ly
+161|6653|USA
If any  of the readers has a purple heart (and I bet most all of you do) post here where you were and what happened.

Mine was recently ( ), on a 24/7 Wake 2007 server. I joined midgame, and we were getting our asses handed to us via air whores. Seriously, you couldnt go anywhere, and the damn cowards had stolen our own planes!!!!!

Anywho, it was 10 min into the round and i had done the insurmountable task of amassing 0 kills and 20 deaths!!!. I KID YOU NOT - as SOON as i spawned, i was either bombed, ary'ed, or machine gunned by a j-10.. thats the gods honest....the only 4 kills i managed were from being AT and wacking a tank that was sitting right in front of me...i did it twice (2 diff tanks), and sure enough, drumrolll.................................you've been awarded expert noob . i left that server and man was i pissed off!!!
MooseRyder
+37|6655|Montréal, Canada
the only reason i have the purple heart is because is was charging the ennemy with a knife.
mo1esdude
+9|6595|Scotland
aww man i hope i never get my purple heart

ive been close, infact i had one situation almost exactly the same as yours when i quit before i got my 20th death
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center
the first week i started playing, i joined a kubra game...

I was USMC, MEC had capped all the flags, had stolen both our jets and our cobra, plus all of our armor...and the were just camping our uncap.  the only way i got 5 kills was bu suiciding with c4.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6655|Brisbane, Australia

I remember once, on Node 6 (Sharqi 24/7) playing as US, for the whole round, we held city entrance, tv, construct and survallence (Hotel and alleyway were capped, but were always recapped shortly after)

Now this was in my noob medic days which was quite stupid, it was revive revive revive, blazin.uk style, and became quite good at the jump revive move on, but anyway, soon enough I saw that I had obtained a purple heart, egerly I asked what the purple heart meant, the replie was, "it means you suck!" followed by another player telling me that you needed 5:20 ratio to get it, disapointed I continued battle, earning 4 more kills and pulling myself outa the "Heart Zone"

Check my stats, Purple Hearts: 0
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA

R0lyP0ly wrote:

If any  of the readers has a purple heart (and I bet most all of you do) post here where you were and what happened.

Mine was recently ( ), on a 24/7 Wake 2007 server. I joined midgame, and we were getting our asses handed to us via air whores. Seriously, you couldnt go anywhere, and the damn cowards had stolen our own planes!!!!!

Anywho, it was 10 min into the round and i had done the insurmountable task of amassing 0 kills and 20 deaths!!!. I KID YOU NOT - as SOON as i spawned, i was either bombed, ary'ed, or machine gunned by a j-10.. thats the gods honest....the only 4 kills i managed were from being AT and wacking a tank that was sitting right in front of me...i did it twice (2 diff tanks), and sure enough, drumrolll.................................you've been awarded expert noob . i left that server and man was i pissed off!!!
Dude thats the best getting pwned story i've heard. they stole ur jets! LoL! especially on wake thats pretty sad.

Got my PH on Sharqi getting owned by the MEC helo gunner. I was on USMC and we had only 1 flag which of course the mec helo was hovering over. on a posative note i was awarded the PH on a kill not a death.

Last edited by Cbass (2006-04-11 09:17:02)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
MaddOps
Who the hell elected you leader of this outfit?
+55|6597
Am I the only person to get awarded MULTIPLE Purple Hearts?

I believe I may have 4 (while I was playing) and my bro played a game or two on my account and may have gotten me one or two more.  I do not know if he quit the rounds prior to having it "locked in" or not.

But the Stats page says I've only been awarded the Purple Heart 1 time.  And that was way back. 

I usually earn mine going for points on foot when I can't get to a vehicle from point to point, or there's a sniper camping his happy ass as the same point that I re-spawn.  But I'm also a little suicidal in my tactics and that contributes to it.  I'm not bothered laying it down if it lets the team get ahead.  Besides I know I'm not going to be the best on the game, but being the best is like winning the Special Olympics, but without the Pam Anderson hugs.
KtotheIMMY
+513|6763
If I remember correctly I was MEC on a 64 player Karkand and the USMC had our tanks and everything except the train accident. Mhmhmmm fun
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord
You expect me to remember the three or four times I've been awarded a Purple Heart? LOL

The first went basically like this:
spawn, run for capture, get mowed down by [insert weapon name];
spawn, killed by arty;
spawn, killed by tank;
spawn, killed by APC;
spawn, run for cover, get mowed down by [insert weapon name];
spawn, killed by tank;
spawn, killed by APC;
spawn, run for cover, get mowed down by [insert weapon name];
spawn, killed by tank;
spawn, killed by APC;
spawn, killed by arty.

Other times it was just one of those game where you can't seem to do anything right:
see enemy, prone, get owned;
see enemy, shoot, get owned... rinse and repeat.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA
^^^ Lmao yea thats about it. Usually end up spawning into arty w/o even moving a step.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6837
I try very hard to block the memory of my 4 or 5 Purple Hearts from my memory.

I am still a little pissed that the Purple Heart is a shit award in this game anyway.
KingLou
Banned
+79|6624|Las Vegas
Everyone needs to have their ass handed to them at some point or another.......it's part of the full BF2 experience. 

I don't care how good a player you are, there is nothing you can do when the other team is vastly superior than yours........they have all the cappable flags.......and all the important, ass raping vehicles.........and your only choice is to spawn and die.

Sure, you could leave the game....or try to switch sides like a bitch.  But I prefer the challenge of at least TRYING.....and yes, I've gotten a Purple Heart as a result.  It's worth it if you finally manage to get that jet up in the air (or whatever), and finally get some payback.

KiL
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6694|Howell, Mi USA

KingLou wrote:

Everyone needs to have their ass handed to them at some point or another.......it's part of the full BF2 experience. 

I don't care how good a player you are, there is nothing you can do when the other team is vastly superior than yours........they have all the cappable flags.......and all the important, ass raping vehicles.........and your only choice is to spawn and die.

Sure, you could leave the game....or try to switch sides like a bitch.  But I prefer the challenge of at least TRYING.....and yes, I've gotten a Purple Heart as a result.  It's worth it if you finally manage to get that jet up in the air (or whatever), and finally get some payback.

KiL
Amen. the PH doesn't show that u suck it shows u've taken ur punches and like u say had ur ass handed to u atleast once. After that have moved on to be a good player and learned from your mistakes.
[CSG*] Bane_The_Destroyer
+7|6595|Pleasanton, CA

KingLou wrote:

KiL
Fully agreed. Got mine on Karkand in my 2,000 global point days as a medic. Sadly, I got to 18 deaths and ran out with a knife to die 2 more times ON PURPOSE!! lol-I thought it was a medal you were suppose to earn =P

Thankfully CSG has it's own server now and my fellow CSGs keep me out of the PH territory. =))

Last edited by [CSG*] Bane_The_Destroyer (2006-04-11 10:46:25)

Rosse_modest
+76|6776|Antwerp, Flanders
I stole mine from the corpse of this guy I kept bullying on the Gulf of Oman US carrier.

Seriously, got mine on Kubra Dam, damn server was lagging like hell which was starting to piss me off.
I had 5 kills and it had been a while since my last award.
So I thought hey let's go for the purple heart.
I nade launched myself to 20 deaths.
Been regretting that ever since.

So I'm afraid mine is no story of a heroic struggle.

It's one of those situations that, if you could do it all over again, you'd handle very differently.

Last edited by Rosse_modest (2006-04-11 11:03:13)

stoneisland
+20|6773|Sweden
Got mine after about a month of playing the game. The map was Oman and I remember beeing butchered by APCs. Anyway, I kept the account and the PH as I reminder of my early days plus it was fun to watch the KD ratio slowly creeping towards 1:1. Nowadays however, if I find myself in the unpleasant situation of beeing close to another PH I just disconnect. One is enough for me.
Rumfuddle
+14|6718
I still think the PH is a badge of shame.  Yeah, you took your lumps and here's you scarlet A as your reward. 

I have one PH and I don't remember how I got it, all I remember is it was around the 20,000 point mark and I put my head on my desk in horror when the badge popped up.
DRW-Shadow
+-2|6592
I was playing as a Medic in a 5 kill 20 death round when I got my first. But the thing I think is weird (besides the fact I'm admitting this) is that I have gotten several since which are not reflected in my medal count. Is that the same for everybody?

I personally don’t care how many I get or don't get I just think it's weird that I only get credit for one.....not that I want more but you get the idea. ;P
slo5oh
+28|6661
I'm pitiful.  When I'm getting my donkey handed to me I usually can't get enough kills
seriously it's never the right ratio for me.  Either I end up with 6 kills and 20 deaths or 30 deaths and 2 kills. 
wilber69
+8|6633
I got mine pretty much in the first week of playing. I was trying to revive people but was crap, as it took about 3 goes to do it! For a while, I vainly thought it was a sign of my bravery, then I started reading these forums and realised that it was not as brave as I had thought!

But, now I feel the same as KingLou, its all part of the learning curve.

I also got awarded one about 3/4 months ago, after a REALLY bad round, but for some reason it has never showed! (Hmm, maybe should have stayed quiet on that one! )
ghettoperson
+1,943|6649

I got my first one on purpose sadly enough. I just ran around into people and didn't shoot. They must have loved it. Second time I got one, I almost got two. It was on Karkard, other team had all but one flag the entire game, and with this all the armour. So naturally we got raped.
Rosse_modest
+76|6776|Antwerp, Flanders

slo5oh wrote:

I'm pitiful.  When I'm getting my donkey handed to me I usually can't get enough kills
seriously it's never the right ratio for me.  Either I end up with 6 kills and 20 deaths or 30 deaths and 2 kills. 
The purple heart's given to you if you took a pounding but still had the courage to TRY and put up a fight resulting in at least 5 kills.

30 deaths and 2 kills is just standing there and taking a pounding. (--> some twisted form of stat padding)

Those 2 kills were probably 2 fumbling enemies who tripped over your corpse and broke their necks in the process.

Last edited by Rosse_modest (2006-04-11 11:22:10)

B1GBUD
+17|6596|Under an Artillery Shell
I got mine because my medals were looking a bit bare so I though what the heck, charged round Karkand with me knife....
deject
Got His War On
+37|6773|Golden, CO
I got TK'd by my squad mate (not on purpose, the guy just couldn't throw a grenade to save his life) about 6 times and got killed by artillery another 8 times.  Other than that I was doing ok that round .
Erkut.hv
+124|6735|California
Well.... I was getting my ass handed to me in a map. I was already like 4-16, so I figured "this round is a bust already, might as well get something from it". So I killed a guy, then pretty much drove up to guys begging to get clipped... lol.

We got whipped pretty bad that round.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard