ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5347
I wanted to know if you can possibly get your stats wiped by EA for playing on pistol/knife/sniper/paddle only servers.
BL4CKL10N
+66|6271
It is possible, yes.
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6538|775

Back when they used to actively look for players stat padding in this manner, they'd normally shut the server down. On rare occasion, if somebody had too many points and no deaths (i.e. RandomPlayerX  1023 1023 0 0), the investigators would screenshot the game's scoreboard and find the player/players in question to see how they were getting that many points. Overall, it depends on what you are doing in that server and how many points you have. Otherwise, normally the server would just be reported and eventually shut down; in some cases, if the server was shut down, you'd lose the points you accumulated on that server but not the badges.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5856|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ
Knife/pistol servers are so boringly old, can't believe people still play them and enjoy it
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6629|Your moms bedroom
no
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5347
How the hell else are you supposed to get the expert pistol combat badge? Pistols don't stand up very well to assault rifles, shotguns, grenades, and machine guns. Good luck getting 18 pistol kills IAR fighting soldiers carrying those weapons.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5473|Bolingbrook, Illinois

ISortGlass wrote:

How the hell else are you supposed to get the expert pistol combat badge? Pistols don't stand up very well to assault rifles, shotguns, grenades, and machine guns. Good luck getting 18 pistol kills IAR fighting soldiers carrying those weapons.
It's not that hard noob.  It's been done so many times before, this game has been out for 4 years.  It's easy, stop crying.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6832|Reykjavík, Iceland.

ISortGlass wrote:

Sniper on sharqi IO. 18 kills was easy.

18 knife kills in a round, now that was a hard gold badge back in the day when there was no such thing as IO.

Also, I doubt anybody gives a fuck about stat padding any more.
HSG
+23|6463|British Columbia, Canada
Dont even bother playin on P&K. If u want the awards earn them legitimately!
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5988|Aberdeen, Scotland
Pistols in BF2 are awesome weapons, highly accurate and no deviation...just learn to line up the sights, then click v.fast while keeping a steady hand and adjusting slightly for kickback. Best thing is beating nUb snipers with a pistol
Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6651|Groningen, The Netherlands
You can do it in any normal city server.
To make it easier you could go for any IO city server.
Going to a Pistol/Knife server would make it impossible to fail (I hope 4 u), though I wouldn't use my main account on a ranked pistol/knife. Stats R life
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6799|Nårvei

They announced a couple of years ago that they would stop pursuing KP servers, the day after this was in black and white on the BFROE forum several servers openly advertised with being KP servers ...

You still can get banned but the chance is very small ... don't think they care about time servers either ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5347
I won't be able to play BF2 for about One month due to my desktop being repaired at the shop. My ancient laptop can't run BF2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard