=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6841
but it's getting really annoying, and I thought they had fixed it in the patch.. but obviously not. What's up with the BS Team Vehicle damage when somebody runs into YOU. since I am a tanker, it happens a lot. I'm sitting in my tank and some dumbass in a hummer just plows right into my rear and it gives ME  Team Vehicle Damage. >.<
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6779|AUS, Canberra
That worked in my favour once, i was in a chopper hovering above a flag, not realising that some other clown was in a chopper directly above me, when i took off after getting the flag  i killed him and about 10 other people too, he got the tk's and  i didnt punish him, but just about everyone elso did so the poor guy had to find a new server to play on...
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6841

Aus heart attack wrote:

That worked in my favour once, i was in a chopper hovering above a flag, not realising that some other clown was in a chopper directly above me, when i took off after getting the flag  i killed him and about 10 other people too, he got the tk's and  i didnt punish him, but just about everyone elso did so the poor guy had to find a new server to play on...
What I'm talking about is when nobody dies.. but you get team vehicle damage.. like when you do damage to somebodies vehicle that is on your team.
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6851|England
Like driving an APC, and trying to turn it around, and getting T-boned by team mate. He hits me, and I moved sideways, and squashed another friendly. (This was on 1.03).
I got the Team vehicle damage, and the team kill, with a punish, and got kicked Was not happy!

But then I found another server that was filled with people who know what "Team Work" means.
thinner44
+1|6818

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

but it's getting really annoying, and I thought they had fixed it in the patch.. but obviously not. What's up with the BS Team Vehicle damage when somebody runs into YOU. since I am a tanker, it happens a lot. I'm sitting in my tank and some dumbass in a hummer just plows right into my rear and it gives ME  Team Vehicle Damage. >.<
It hasn't been fixed... It's very annoying because 99% of the time it's always someone else that's at fault. I have heard though, if you're stationary, they get the TVD... dunno if it's true thouh as I'm on foot most of the time now.
Don't you get the feeling that it's a woman driver that's fixing her hair or something like that ... no offence to women drivers of course
Sandi_Fagina
Life is a beach
+6|6799|CT, USA
i have a question about TVD, when i'm in the Essex anti-air gun and i fire a missle, why does it sometimes give me a TVD when it just flies away? will the missiles lock on to any heat-producing thing long after being fired?
Croak
+11|6813|San Marcos, CA
Yep, and you're lucky you didn't hit a Blackhawk full of your own team and get a ton of team kills.  Gotta be careful with air-to-air missles.
Sandi_Fagina
Life is a beach
+6|6799|CT, USA
ah, i see. thx
RadeonII
+1|6784
I fly most of the time and I get hit with that crap all the time. I get pissed off when I`m about to shoot someone down then I get TKed from a friendly air to air or even the gun. what I dont understand is why would someone shoot at the jet when they see a friendly hot on his a$$ in a dog fight ?   and they dont lead the front jet so when hes in the cross hairs and shoot I get hit from it. LOL NOOBS give us an endless supply of ranting..
RadeonII
+1|6784
LOL right after I posted that last post i went to battle, it was a good game till some assmonkey jumped on the back of my tank then ran over the top and just as i was about to fire at another tank he jumped off in front of my gun..  lol that sucker flew and punished me before he hit the ground. I dont get it whats the purpose of punish anyway?
thinner44
+1|6818

RadeonII wrote:

LOL right after I posted that last post i went to battle, it was a good game till some assmonkey jumped on the back of my tank then ran over the top and just as i was about to fire at another tank he jumped off in front of my gun..  lol that sucker flew and punished me before he hit the ground. I dont get it whats the purpose of punish anyway?
There's no point in it at all, it's just there to make you feel bad... Worse when they are the one's at fault. I hate mindless punishers, it makes the game harder to enjoy.
I've been on servers where a message says 'don't punish accidental TKs', yet they still do... pointless, utterly pointless.... Personally, if I was in a bad state of mind, I'd find them again, unload a full clip into them and yell, 'punish that ya moron'
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6852|Bryan/College Station, TX
Just a random side note.

I as so happy the other day playing Engineer on Karkand, keeping the enemy vehicles from side stepping forward defenses by mining both side roads. Got two TKs and punishes for on teammate being stupid and running over clearly placed mines and yet punishing me for it. After each time I would politely ask them by name not to run over my mines and punish me for it. After the third time of doing it and punishing me I said it one last time and requested an admin. About 10 seconds later the player was kicked and banned from the server. BTW I got over 11 kills that game with just mines alone.

Ahh sweet justice. Once in a great while it happens and it feels soo damn good. 

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-10-15 18:40:01)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
CommanderDiego
+0|6777|Keyport, NJ
Is there a way to stop misilles from a plane from hitting ur wingmen. I often try to kill whoever is on my wingmen's tail but my missile hits them instead of the enemy. Any advise?
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6852|Bryan/College Station, TX

CommanderDiego wrote:

Is there a way to stop misilles from a plane from hitting ur wingmen. I often try to kill whoever is on my wingmen's tail but my missile hits them instead of the enemy. Any advise?
There isn't any advice to this. All you can do is either use your guns with stafe shots or else wait for them to break off. Any time you are firing a lock-on air missle at any target that also has a friendly in that same area, the chances are that you will hit the friendly more often than the enemy. I think BF2 missles have a friendly lockon system honestly. They blow much ass.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard