mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Nadal lost to Del Potro.

This finals match has been very entertaining, both tennis-wise and otherwise ("When I wanna talk, I talk. I don't give a shit!" ). I'm really pulling for Del Potro, but he's just all over the place. When he pulls himself together and thinks he can win it, he does well. But then other times he slacks off or loses focus (two double faults in a row to give Federer the set? C'mon).
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
Ye I'm watching it too mt shame about that double fault
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.Sup
be nice
Del Potro had a bigger desire to win. What a (long) match!
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
holy mother of forehands.....he never missed.
I know fucking karate
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5394|Athens, GA
wow i stopped watching it for mnf. fucking sick
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Thank god Federer didn't win. He is getting way too cocky. Like, stupidly cocky. His comments get more annoying by the day.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France

Pug wrote:

Safina is a joke.  The Buffalo Bills of the tennis world.  She'll be in second.

Watch out for del Potro on the men's side
Well I was right on one.
.Sup
be nice

Pug wrote:

Pug wrote:

Safina is a joke.  The Buffalo Bills of the tennis world.  She'll be in second.

Watch out for del Potro on the men's side
Well I was right on one.
yeah me too

.Sup wrote:

Del Potro will win US Open!
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand

Zimmer wrote:

Thank god Federer didn't win. He is getting way too cocky. Like, stupidly cocky. His comments get more annoying by the day.
Agreed he says some unusual things, but when you've achieved something close to what he has, then perhaps you'd be a little arrogant too ...in fact I think he's pretty down to earth considering everything he has done.

Tiger Woods is far more arrogant IMO.
I know fucking karate
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

I just love Federer for his playing style. It's just brilliant, looks so easy.

Also, he dresses like a tennis player. Fuck off with your sleveless shirts, god.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Andy Murray is in his own class when it comes to being a cock, though
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

justice wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Agreed he says some unusual things, but when you've achieved something close to what he has, then perhaps you'd be a little arrogant too ...in fact I think he's pretty down to earth considering everything he has done.

Not true. Sampras wasn't like that, neither was Borg.

Of course every player like that will be a bit arrogant, but over the past 2 years, Federer has just gotten disgustingly arrogant. With his comments about other players and tennis in general. It makes me want to hit him. Murray may be more of a cock, but he certainly isn't as much of a arrogant douchebag as Federer. He isn't down to earth anymore. He was, now he just thinks he's god. Where he isn't, as shown in the US Open final, where he got taken out by Del Potro. I sincerely hope that send him straight back down to earth.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand

Zimmer wrote:

justice wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Not true. Sampras wasn't like that, neither was Borg.

Of course every player like that will be a bit arrogant, but over the past 2 years, Federer has just gotten disgustingly arrogant. With his comments about other players and tennis in general. It makes me want to hit him. Murray may be more of a cock, but he certainly isn't as much of a arrogant douchebag as Federer. He isn't down to earth anymore. He was, now he just thinks he's god. Where he isn't, as shown in the US Open final, where he got taken out by Del Potro. I sincerely hope that send him straight back down to earth.
Meh, the constant shit the media were giving him when he was playing "badly" he has every right to brag now.

But still I don't really see this arrogance you talk about, give me an example of something he has said lately that annoyed you.

At least he doesn't make excuses after losing, which can't be said of Nadal and Djokovic.
I know fucking karate
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

justice wrote:

Meh, the constant shit the media were giving him when he was playing "badly" he has every right to brag now.

But still I don't really see this arrogance you talk about, give me an example of something he has said lately that annoyed you.

At least he doesn't make excuses after losing, which can't be said of Nadal and Djokovic.
What? Where was Nadal's excuse?

"I got beaten by the better player". That is what he said. Yes, he is currently injured, and you could clearly see that with his poor services... there was no moaning from him though. He had played the day before, didn't complain, got on the court and played tennis. If anything he is one of the most humble tennis players right now. That can't be said for Djokovic, but players like Del Potro, Nadal, Verdasco and Tsonga are all pretty down to earth, no excuses players.

I quote from Federer after Del Potro beat him:
"It's not easy playing a grand slam final against someone like me with so much experience. I didn't take take advantage of his poorer levels of tennis and that cost me the match"

Also, he doesn't make excuses? Wtf. This is what he said after he lost
"At the beginning it was hard to get used to the conditions of the pitch because it was sunny and the shade came and went".

lulz.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand

Zimmer wrote:

justice wrote:

"I got beaten by the better player". That is what he said. Yes, he is currently injured, and you could clearly see that with his poor services... there was no moaning from him though. He had played the day before, didn't complain, got on the court and played tennis. If anything he is one of the most humble tennis players right now. That can't be said for Djokovic, but players like Del Potro, Nadal, Verdasco and Tsonga are all pretty down to earth, no excuses players.

"It's not easy playing a grand slam final against someone like me with so much experience. I didn't take take advantage of his poorer levels of tennis and that cost me the match"

"At the beginning it was hard to get used to the conditions of the pitch because it was sunny and the shade came and went".

lulz.
Ermmm, I don't want to get into an argument that will never end, as we always do but...I wasn't referring to that nadal match, but the one where he lost at the french open.

Watch this, it's shameful, everyone in the tennis world criticised him for what he said here, to sum up "I hit the ball short, I gave him the match, I made it easy for him"

Also "It's not easy playing a grand slam final against someone like me with so much experience. I didn't take take advantage of his poorer levels of tennis and that cost me the match"....perhaps you don't watch tennis that much, but there's nothing wrong with saying that, it's just the truth, del potro would agree, and you also mis-quoted, he said he didn't take advantage of his poorer level when they came....he never said he played poor tennis all match....again, a completely fair analysis.

"At the beginning it was hard to get used to the conditions of the pitch because it was sunny and the shade came and went"....He won the first set when the conditions were like this, so how is he making excuses there? Just analysing the match, so fail on your behalf there.

But I understand he's not everyone cup of tea, however I think people like you give him a hard time for the wrong reasons.

"But it's great. It was good to see him being so happy and emotional about it. Yeah, I mean, he should enjoy it. He deserves it. It was a great match for him, too."

"I thought he hung in there and gave himself chances, and in the end was the better man."

"Five was great, four was great, too. Six would have been a dream, too. Can't have them all. I've had an amazing summer and a great run. I'm not too disappointed just because I thought I played another wonderful tournament. Had chances today to win, but couldn't take them. It was unfortunate."

"this one I think is easy to get over just because I've had the most amazing summer. I tried everything, you know. Didn't work. I missed chances. He played well and in the end it was a tough fifth set. It's acceptable. But life goes on. No problem."
Yeah loads of excuses, no class there at all

Edit: Here, found the quotes which you took horribly out of context :

So his effort was fantastic. I thought himself he went through quite a few ups and downs. This is the one I should have used to make a difference, but I couldn't.

Zimmer wrote:

It's not easy playing a grand slam final against someone like me with so much experience. I didn't take take advantage of his poorer levels of tennis and that cost me the match
Well, I mean, I guess, yeah. It's always an amazing effort coming through and winning your first in your first final. Got to give him all the credit because it's not an easy thing to do, especially coming out against someone like me with so much experience. I think it's not easy to have a steel racquet.

Zimmer wrote:

It's not easy playing a grand slam final against someone like me with so much experience. I didn't take take advantage of his poorer levels of tennis and that cost me the match
Jesus Zimmer lol

Last edited by justice (2009-09-15 08:42:41)

I know fucking karate
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5394|Athens, GA
haterade
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

justice wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

justice wrote:

lulz.
Ermmm, I don't want to get into an argument that will never end, as we always do but...I wasn't referring to that nadal match, but the one where he lost at the french open.

Watch this, it's shameful, everyone in the tennis world criticised him for what he said here, to sum up "I hit the ball short, I gave him the match, I made it easy for him"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caP8ymFrStM

Also "It's not easy playing a grand slam final against someone like me with so much experience. I didn't take take advantage of his poorer levels of tennis and that cost me the match"....perhaps you don't watch tennis that much, but there's nothing wrong with saying that, it's just the truth, del potro would agree, and you also mis-quoted, he said he didn't take advantage of his poorer level when they came....he never said he played poor tennis all match....again, a completely fair analysis.

"At the beginning it was hard to get used to the conditions of the pitch because it was sunny and the shade came and went"....He won the first set when the conditions were like this, so how is he making excuses there? Just analysing the match, so fail on your behalf there.

But I understand he's not everyone cup of tea, however I think people like you give him a hard time for the wrong reasons.

"But it's great. It was good to see him being so happy and emotional about it. Yeah, I mean, he should enjoy it. He deserves it. It was a great match for him, too."

"I thought he hung in there and gave himself chances, and in the end was the better man."

"Five was great, four was great, too. Six would have been a dream, too. Can't have them all. I've had an amazing summer and a great run. I'm not too disappointed just because I thought I played another wonderful tournament. Had chances today to win, but couldn't take them. It was unfortunate."

"this one I think is easy to get over just because I've had the most amazing summer. I tried everything, you know. Didn't work. I missed chances. He played well and in the end it was a tough fifth set. It's acceptable. But life goes on. No problem."
Yeah loads of excuses, no class there at all
I guess you're right. I just don't like him, or his cold hearted bitch of a wife. That was a stupid comment for Nadal to make. I don't give Federer a hard time, he's a fantastic tennis player and will probably remain at this level for years to come, I just don't like his attitude off the pitch. On the pitch he is a fantastic sportsman, just like more tennis players are.

Apologies for the misquote, I was translating from Spanish.
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
my boy isner into the quarters. roddick too
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6711|OctoLand
Oh shit Zimmer said I was right....better bookmark this shizzle
I know fucking karate
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y

Mekstizzle wrote:

Andy Murray is in his own class when it comes to being a cock, though
rip

hope this faggot gets destroyed by isner tomorrow
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
wozniacki :3
gurdeep
­
+812|4725|proll­y
fucking murray is a piece of shit. fuck
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6555|England

gurdeep wrote:

murray is a piece of shit.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

KingCheese wrote:

gurdeep wrote:

murray is a piece of shit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard