skuko
+5|6614
guys, could any1 advice me on the commnder points gain pls? what do you gain commander points for? no matter what i do, i only manage to do like 23 points before 2x on mashtuur 64 player full server...

please post stuff you do to get pts. as commander, so i can figure out what am i doing wrong....

thanks in advance
Pineycone
Banned
+4|6596|Behind you.
Defiance
+438|6673

Commander points are points you get as a commander. Arty kills, order giving, etc.

People get massive ammounts of points by engaging in ground combat (no vehicles, its too distracting) whilst commanding. Not hard, but you only get 1pt per kill.
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6687|Seattle
No...

Your score is the average of your team's score...

So if your score sucks, then most likely you team's scores suck.
Defiance
+438|6673

Yeah I belived that for a bit too...and then noticed, if sitting as commander doing nothing while my team racked up toonnnsss of points, commander score never went up.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Defiance wrote:

Yeah I belived that for a bit too...and then noticed, if sitting as commander doing nothing while my team racked up toonnnsss of points, commander score never went up.
You're thinking of the wrong patch man.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
voltage
+46|6842|Sweden
You get points for your teams score while you're commander. Forget about applying in the last minute and think you get the current average. Likewise if the best player in your team quits or get autobalanced, his contribution to your score will not disappear.

Somebody else can fill in on how teamkills work when your commander, not sure about that. When not being commander however, an unpunished TK give the same minus score as a punished one so I doubt doing it with artillery will save you from minus score.

Commander or not commander, long rounds give more score. Long rounds is a factor of tickets/player, eg 50 player on 64-player maps give longer rounds than 64 players on that map size, but also longer than 40 players on 32-player maps (because of fewer tickets).

The number of tickets you have left when ending the round doesn't give you score, so if you're winning, the opposing teams tickets is the limiting factor for your score. When your victory is safe, every arty kill thus will reduce your potential score. This is because you don't get score by arty kills, and every arty kill is a kill that a player in your team can't have, thus a score that you'll never get. So let the arty cool down and let your team do the work, they probably prefer it that way themselves (if you're loosing though, start the arty party.).

The same applies to supply boxes, they don't give you score and every heal, ammo and repair they do, a player in your team can't do. Thus don't spam them over your team if they already have medics etc. Watch the chat, if someone is calling for ammo for a while, find him on the map and drop the supply there. I'm probably not the only player who refuse to do a suicide attack just because I can't get health or ammo, instead I walk around unproductive until I get it.

Last edited by voltage (2006-04-10 00:50:48)

ZimiZuhu
+11|6661
it's not precis average team score but nearby it..

https://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8136/2443sk.jpg

171+131+125+121+115+101+90+68=922

922/8=115,25

115,25x2=230.5

I got 244 points but my team score was (115,25x2=) 231

Last edited by ZimiZuhu (2006-04-10 08:35:42)

voltage
+46|6842|Sweden
You earn commander points during the whole round, not just in the end. Players quiting or switching doesn't reduce the points you've already earned.

It's also said that each score fraction is actually earned by the point divided by the number of players alive at that moment, not all of them in the team. It's doesn't matter in principal though.

Last edited by voltage (2006-04-10 08:44:29)

Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6808|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Another factor to consider is if someone one your team teamkills, their points go down but the commander does not lose accumulated points.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard