Lai
+186|6291

Bevo wrote:

It doesn't fit her personality type. I considered it, but never got that impression at all. I could be gravely wrong, but I don't think I am. I hope I'm not wrong anyway, you're making me second guess myself.

I'm considering the trip regardless. I'd probably be staying with my old best friend around winter time if it happens, and would be seeing one of my other good friends.
Well, you haven't seen her for years and only recently came into contact with her through facebook, correct? I think it is hard to say anything concrete about people's personalities without having talked to them face to face, or at least having heard their voice. Also, miscommunication is easy enough already, relying on web 2.0 or textmessages certainly isn't an improvement. I've been in situations were non-linguistic communication was the only option available, and I managed quite well. As such I can't imagine having to do without for anything other than the most basic or purely bussiness related communicative purposes.

Of course asking "why" in general in regard to female behaviour is a lost cause. She might as well be genuinely interested, but she might be interested from a purely curious or friendly perspective all the same. I'm just saying that I would try to avoid too high expectations.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6772|949

Bevo-
Chicks are far more interactive in the "social" aspect of life then guys are.  What you see as a possible sign of interest could just be her being social.  Guys tend to think analytically about social interaction (ie. "she talked to me, she must like me or want something"), but who knows what she thinks.  I'd just keep the status quo - don't get excited, see it as another long-lost friend getting back in touch.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6661|Austin, Texas
I realize it's a stretch at best, but that of course changes nothing. The more realistic side of me is already pursuing other avenues.

You could be very well right. There's something amiss for sure. I take pride in figuring out peoples' personality types just through minimal interaction - and I'm pretty damn good at it. It's astonishing how much you can tell about a person just from a picture. She comes off as a modest artsy social type, and I just don't see her being an attention whore. It clicks perfectly though. Probably best to accept this as the case and move on.

Kennings wrote:

Bevo-
Chicks are far more interactive in the "social" aspect of life then guys are.  What you see as a possible sign of interest could just be her being social.  Guys tend to think analytically about social interaction (ie. "she talked to me, she must like me or want something"), but who knows what she thinks.  I'd just keep the status quo - don't get excited, see it as another long-lost friend getting back in touch.
Right - believe me I've had more than enough experience with this. I spent perhaps a year chasing after a girl notorious for giving out the wrong impression - I've mentioned it several times before but we went to homecoming and had really good times together, we went out a few times and when I asked for a formal dinner she just said she was busy and wanted to go another time. Most guys would have asked her for another time, but thankfully I saw through it.

My main point is - if she doesn't want to talk, she's shown no signs of it. But at the same time when we start talking - she disappears. Taking it completely out of a "like you" "showing interest" etc, at a basic level of communication it's contradicting.

Last edited by Bevo (2009-09-08 15:58:38)

Lai
+186|6291

Bevo wrote:

It's astonishing how much you can tell about a person just from a picture.
Try their shoes! Shoes tell you soooooo much about people. Their gate too, but that's a little harder.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6849|Charlie One Alpha

Lai wrote:

Bevo wrote:

It's astonishing how much you can tell about a person just from a picture.
Try their shoes! Shoes tell you soooooo much about people. Their gate too, but that's a little harder.
My shoes wouldn't tell you shit about me.

EDIT: Except maybe if I stepped *in* some shit.

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2009-09-08 16:07:42)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Stimey
­
+786|6260|Ontario | Canada
Would it be morally impure to try and mate with my step cousin?
Theres no blood relation
­
­
­
­
­
­
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6879|Toronto | Canada

Stimey wrote:

Theres no blood relation
This thread is getting lulzier as it goes along
Stimey
­
Its a serious question
­
­
­
­
­
­
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6879|Toronto | Canada

No

Go find other womens
Stimey
­
­
­
­
­
­
­
Archer
rapes face
+161|6564|Canuckistan

Stimey wrote:

Theres no blood relation
lol, that's like mating with your step sister
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6678|Long Island, New York

Stimey wrote:

Theres no blood relation
Of course not.

Hell, go for your first cousin too.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6920|Great Brown North

Stimey wrote:

Theres no blood relation
no
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6789
Bevo- don't pay too much attention to it. She's either playing hard to get or she just can't be bothered.
Lai
+186|6291

Archer wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Theres no blood relation
Which would be perfectly fine too.

I am also being quite serious here. I once read a sci-fi book for kids, where the main protagonist ended up banging his full blood sister. Reproduction was purely government controlled and genetically checked and enhanced anyway. Got me thinking though, genetical deterioration truly is the only reason not to; the rest is cultural perception.

If we can overcome cultural boundaries, e.g. dating someone from a different kingdom thousands of miles away, why not this one? On step-somethings there aren't even such strict taboos in the first place. True, not everyone can, but if you can and you're really feeling for this girl,.. DO IT!
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride
+139|5566|Dublin, Ireland

Lai wrote:

Lawl, was having some late Czarist tea downstairs.

But anyway, I'm turning 22 in November and would be very pleased with any help. Especially considering it will be quite a reckless endeavour on my part and I'll be lacking even the most basic information about Dublin life (how local public transport works, which areas to look into, which areas to avoid etc.).
Are you staying on campus @ UCD?
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6849|Charlie One Alpha

Lai wrote:

Archer wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Theres no blood relation
Which would be perfectly fine too.

I am also being quite serious here. I once read a sci-fi book for kids, where the main protagonist ended up banging his full blood sister. Reproduction was purely government controlled and genetically checked and enhanced anyway. Got me thinking though, genetical deterioration truly is the only reason not to; the rest is cultural perception.

If we can overcome cultural boundaries, e.g. dating someone from a different kingdom thousands of miles away, why not this one? On step-somethings there aren't even such strict taboos in the first place. True, not everyone can, but if you can and you're really feeling for this girl,.. DO IT!
Well, I'm with you on the step-sister thing. Blood relations are still a no-go in my book.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Bevo
Nah
+718|6661|Austin, Texas

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Bevo- don't pay too much attention to it. She's either playing hard to get or she just can't be bothered.
yeh I pretty much said "fuck it" and moving on. Cheers fellas
Lynx
Banned
+15|5489|Coventry, England

Oisín<3 wrote:

Lynx wrote:

douche
You Lynx from FSFA?
I don't know what that is.

ps, you are bad at bf2
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6637

Lynx wrote:

Oisín<3 wrote:

Lynx wrote:

douche
You Lynx from FSFA?
I don't know what that is.

ps, you are bad at bf2
lol
Lai
+186|6291

Oisín<3 wrote:

Lai wrote:

But anyway, I'm turning 22 in November and would be very pleased with any help. Especially considering it will be quite a reckless endeavour on my part and I'll be lacking even the most basic information about Dublin life (how local public transport works, which areas to look into, which areas to avoid etc.).
No, since it's a last minute application, all on campus accomodation has been occupied.
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride
+139|5566|Dublin, Ireland

Lai wrote:

Oisín<3 wrote:

Lai wrote:

No, since it's a last minute application, all on campus accomodation has been occupied.
Do you have accommodation then? Where are you thinking of staying then? Try and get a house sorted South of the Liffey, everything is basically scum North of the Liffey until you reach the likes of Swords, Balbriggan, Rush (<- Where it's at), Lusk & Skerries, basically everything South of the Liffey is nice, everything north of the Liffey to the Airport is dodgy, everything North of the Airport is farm/agricultural/'hinterland'.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6412
Fuck this shit.

She hooked up with my friend. my friend. my fucking friend. i hate myself for saying this, but i would love to be dead now.

that girl... she meant so much to me. She was so... pure. So... real. Always kind, always fair, always with a smile on her face. She was my only hope of saving me from my brutal cynicism that was eating my insides. I just cannot describe what she was for me. no words

At first, it was all fine. I knew she loved me too, I could tell. And I was comforted by that fact, so i kept throwing opportunities of talking to her out of the window. I waited for that so called "perfect moment". While I was waiting for that little miracle to happen, he comes out of nowhere and drags her away to talk. they were gone for half an hour, I dont know what they discussed about. i was shaking all over, i wanted to throw up. i felt so empty deep inside, i just wanted to disappear that very moment.

Bf2s, there is no such thing as a perfect moment. you go there, you make it happen, no matter if their friends, family, or whatever is around. I lost everything in a couple of minutes. dont let it happen to you. i am quite emotionally frustrated at the moment, so i apologize for my syntax. thank you for reading.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6708|Mountains of NC

1st - how old are you

2nd - he never was truly your friend

3rd - just bc they sneaked off for half an hour doesn't mean anything is set in concrete ......... with women nothing is EVER set in concrete
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6610
sounds rough metal, sorry to hear that.

losing your perfect girl is hard. just dont hit the bottle and avoid any noose-shaped objects.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard