LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6854|Charlie One Alpha
I don't go for the dirty ones tbh.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6794

Lai wrote:

Personally I don't see myself settling down anytime soon, in the next five years, or ten years plus for that matter. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to or rather would have like to. I'm not the kind of guy to attach too much value to unconditioned freedom to settle down, but I guess I ám too much of the "eternal wanderer" type.
... settling down before you go to university? I don't think that has anything to do with emotional maturity but rather down to fear of growing up and completely changing your lifestyle. If you're 19 and you want to settle down you're stupid...plain and simple.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6615
i dunno teddy, i was pretty into the idea... it's that whole 'meet the love of your life at university' cliche, only of course when it's happening to you it seems far from cliche and normal. i still feel way differently about my ex than i have about any other girl before or during my year at university, but i guess that's like you and your 'special' ex from exeter last year that you can't move on from all-so-easily. i dont suppose anyone can really predict if something is 'the one' that you'll settle down with and be with for life, but the only intuition you have is how you feel and how things seem, i guess. i dunno if i would say it's "stupid" when you think that someone you feel way more connected to than anyone else before could possibly be something bigger than an ordinary relationship. it's all one big rollercoaster ride i suppose.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride
+139|5571|Dublin, Ireland
Date later.

I'm quiet anxious.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6615
man you're taking her out for a meal that she accepted the invite to, you've gotta at least have some confidence.

wear your glad-rags so you feel like a million bucks and make sure you know your cutlery! haha im just kidding.

i dunno what to say about your "but things WILL happen!" statement though. focus on the meal first, eh? dont jump the gun
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride

Uzique wrote:

man you're taking her out for a meal that she accepted the invite to, you've gotta at least have some confidence.

wear your glad-rags so you feel like a million bucks and make sure you know your cutlery! haha im just kidding.

i dunno what to say about your "but things WILL happen!" statement though. focus on the meal first, eh? dont jump the gun
Roger, I'm definitely going back to hers to, and I quote "hang out, it'll be fun".

I am confident, just a lil' anxious.

What's with suddenly being nice to me Zique?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6598|The Twilight Zone
A word of advice- Oisin just don't start talking about BF2 and your flying when you're out with her even if you suspect she plays games occasionally. Also avoid using words such as "owned" and "prone spammed" during sex if you manage to get under her pants.

Last edited by .Sup (2009-09-06 05:18:55)

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Lai
+186|6296

Uzique wrote:

and make sure you know your cutlery!
Stick to outwards in and you should be fine.

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

... settling down before you go to university? I don't think that has anything to do with emotional maturity but rather down to fear of growing up and completely changing your lifestyle. If you're 19 and you want to settle down you're stupid...plain and simple.
Well, my "emotional maturity quote" was merely an insurence against people posting comment allong the line of "oh, so I can settle down with a 13 year old?". I never stated nor intended to imply that you should settle down once you have reached emotional maturity, merely that you can, without a further fixed age parameter.

I agree that if you're 19 and want to see the world, settling down usually isn't a brilliant idea. But if you, like some of my neigbours in France, don't intend to leave the village on a regular basis untill you are 65+, I really don't see a problem. Also settling down does not necesarily mean you'll have to be fixed. You can have a "home base" and still go around, you can also "settle down" with a girl that has the same explorative interests as you and go around together.

Other than that, I do not think one should give up on a serious relationship because one is too young and assumes the relationship one is in can't possibly be it. If that's the way you regard a serious relationship, why the hell would you be in a serious relationship in the first place?

Uzique wrote:

i dunno teddy, i was pretty into the idea... it's that whole 'meet the love of your life at university' cliche, only of course when it's happening to you it seems far from cliche and normal. i still feel way differently about my ex than i have about any other girl before or during my year at university, but i guess that's like you and your 'special' ex from exeter last year that you can't move on from all-so-easily. i dont suppose anyone can really predict if something is 'the one' that you'll settle down with and be with for life, but the only intuition you have is how you feel and how things seem, i guess. i dunno if i would say it's "stupid" when you think that someone you feel way more connected to than anyone else before could possibly be something bigger than an ordinary relationship. it's all one big rollercoaster ride i suppose.
I don't even believe in the concept of "the one" nor in love at first sight for that matter. There are over six billion people in the world, if for each individual there would be only one or even a few true matches, IMO that would be pretty retarded. There is no fate, no destiny, no "one" and thus prediction is indeed out of the question. I do belief though that over time (a lot), someone can become "the one".

Regarding "special" relationships, I don't think they necessarily were bigger than an ordinary relationship. It is probably just the way things went that causes you to remember them differently or regard them in a different light. For me there has been one girl I'll probably always feel very different about. Was she or were we any more special than any of the others? No, probably not. How then do I know it won't be like that with another girl? Quite simply because I've learned, and won't let anything escalate like that again.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6615
that's a pretty cynical view, lai. i cant really allow myself to think so 'rationally' about love and romance, im way too much of a hopeless romantic. i agree with what you say about 'the one'- of course it's not a literal case of there only being one perfect match out there amongst the billions of people. but i definitely do subscribe to the view that you can 'grow' and develop a relationship where the other is essentially a perfect match. getting that close to someone takes a lot of work and time, yes, but what i meant is that it is possible to especially feel something more elevated for such a person that seemingly transcends everything else.

i think everyone's outlook on the concept is different and highly personal; informed by past-experiences, experiences with friends and family, childhood associations and maturity etc.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6766|London, England

Oisín<3 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Roger, I'm definitely going back to hers to, and I quote "hang out, it'll be fun".

What's with you suddenly being a pussy, aren't you the one that fucks the slags in the tents at those indie festivals
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride

Mekstizzle wrote:

Oisín<3 wrote:

Uzique wrote:

What's with you suddenly being a pussy, aren't you the one that fucks the slags in the tents at those indie festivals
Festivals are different.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6615
hahaha of course
Lai
+186|6296

Uzique wrote:

that's a pretty cynical view, lai. i cant really allow myself to think so 'rationally' about love and romance, im way too much of a hopeless romantic. i agree with what you say about 'the one'- of course it's not a literal case of there only being one perfect match out there amongst the billions of people. but i definitely do subscribe to the view that you can 'grow' and develop a relationship where the other is essentially a perfect match. getting that close to someone takes a lot of work and time, yes, but what i meant is that it is possible to especially feel something more elevated for such a person that seemingly transcends everything else.

i think everyone's outlook on the concept is different and highly personal; informed by past-experiences, experiences with friends and family, childhood associations and maturity etc.
Well, I wouldn't exactly call myself a rational lover either.* I just try to be aware of how I feel, but more importantly why I feel in a particular way about a particular matter, and I make a clear distinction between what I know to be and what I would like to be.

You're right in that you may love or haved loved one person more than the other. People often think that you can be totally in love or not, ignoring the existence of a thousand grades in between, parallel and beyond. However, that does not need to be the reason a particular love/relationship stands you by. The one you remember best does not necessarily have to be the one you loved most.

*=Spoiler (highlight to read):
How then would I be able to justify/explain standing in my polished shoes and dressy outfit in the pouring rain on the Caucasian steppes yelling "Tanya"?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6615

Lai wrote:

The one you remember best does not necessarily have to be the one you loved most.
granted, but that seems to be the rule for me, at least
ghettoperson
+1,943|6794

Lai wrote:

*=Spoiler (highlight to read):
How then would I be able to justify/explain standing in my polished shoes and dressy outfit in the pouring rain on the Caucasian steppes yelling "Tanya"?
STEEEELLAAAAA!
bennisboy
+829|6791|Poundland

CammRobb wrote:

Uzique wrote:

schlopps if i trolled i wouldnt have won the popularity contest

it's basically a mathematical fact
If you trolled...pah, don't give me that!
TBH he doesnt troll much anymore....

So back to the girl problems... oh wait
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6766|London, England
yeah damn right "oh wait"

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-09-06 13:31:55)

LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6854|Charlie One Alpha
Guys I am pleased to say the date went well. I am making this post in self-congratulation.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
ghettoperson
+1,943|6794

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Guys I am pleased to say the date went well. I am making this post in self-congratulation.
Did you get some?
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride
All went brilliant! Wasn't nearly as awkward as I thought and we had a blast! I went back to hers for a bit after but couldn't stay the night.

Success.

She's invited me over this Friday night, YESSSSSSSSSSSSA.
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride
ghettoperson
+1,943|6794

I don't get why you thought it'd be awkward. Surely if you get along well you should have plenty of stuff to talk about?
Lai
+186|6296

ghettoperson wrote:

STEEEELLAAAAA!
You'll have to explain that one to me, I'm missing something here.
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride

ghettoperson wrote:

I don't get why you thought it'd be awkward. Surely if you get along well you should have plenty of stuff to talk about?
I had only met her 2 times previously to this, and that was in a nightclub. So there wasn't much talking till today.
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard