Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

Mekstizzle wrote:

Yeah, J20 is what most non drinkers drink. I call it the Muslim drink because you always see them drinking it.
Red Bulls are the best for the non-drinkers / designated driver... still gives you some remote form of buzz, and keeps you awake all night as well if you've got to pull a long-one with a rabble of drunken morons that are expecting a lift home. thank fuck im never the taxi service.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
I cant drink vodka pure without being sick, totally wiped out on it when i was 14.

If it's in WKD's or whatever it doesnt seem to hit me, but straight and cold it makes me ill. weird.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5416|Athens, GA
living downtown is the shit. aint nobody drive no mo
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

ph1shman420 wrote:

also, get new friends
this

FatherTed wrote:

I cant drink tequila pure without being sick, totally wiped out on it when i was 17..

Last edited by jsnipy (2009-09-03 11:29:19)

trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6250|B.C. Canada
Can anyone suggest a good beer for me. I have tried all the shit like BUD (which is my fav so far), molson, kokanee. Brands like that. But I want a really good beer that I can get to go with my mixed drinks.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
beer with mixed drinks? what? i prefer to stick to beer and to enjoy the taste of beer if im drinking it on a night out...

i wish i had an alcohol problem
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum

trex1210 wrote:

Can anyone suggest a good beer for me. I have tried all the shit like BUD (which is my fav so far), molson, kokanee. Brands like that. But I want a really good beer that I can get to go with my mixed drinks.
Don't mix drinks.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5416|Athens, GA
depends on if youre rich or not
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6556|Area 51
Meh it almost seems like a natural reaction tbh. Whenever I get sick from overdoing it the night before I usually cant even stand the smell, let alone drink that particular drink. But eventually I'll get over it and start drinking said drink again. Might just be you and I though
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
just drink through hangovers
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada

trex1210 wrote:

I have a really bad fucking problem! I cannot drink the hard stuff anymore! 2 months ago I got really hammered to the point that I was puking by 12 am and hungover for 2 days after that. The puke was flying out and it was fucking horrible. So ever since then if I take a single shot of anything like vodka/rum/whiskey/tequila and what not my stomach gets all tight and I feel like I am going to puke and I well if I take another shot or even get a good whiff of the stuff. This is a major problem and is ruining my night outs because my friends are calling me pussies and I am stuck to drinking beer!
Any suggestions on how I can enjoy some good shots of some nice vodka and shit? Has or does anyone have this problem? I am dead fucking serious and I need this to end!
happened to me when i chugged to much straight rum one time, still not a fan of the rum. eventually you get over it though, its just your body reacting to something that fucked it up really bad.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
i think i had this relationship with cider for like the entire first year that i drank regularly.

if there's a lesson to ever be told in advance to a person new to drinking it's don't mess with cider. especially in large quantities. makes you fight.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6818|Lithuania
Don't touch the hard stuff for a while (a pretty long while in your case, unfortunately) since atm your body is physically associating that type of alcohol with sickness and you probably feel sick not from the content but from the taste itself. Drink beer instead, or try experimenting with other hard liquor which won't make you feel sick. Sooner or later you'll find yourself drinking good ole vodker without a problem (just don't overdo it again!).
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6569|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

trex1210 wrote:

Dont mix drink.  Beer + Hard stuff is never good, i know ive mixed beer+hardshit+wine.

I havent died that night and im still glad

Imagine being sick as fuck when you're not even drunk...now that suck, and this is what mix do to me at least.
Lai
+186|6142

Uzique wrote:

i think i had this relationship with cider for like the entire first year that i drank regularly.

if there's a lesson to ever be told in advance to a person new to drinking it's don't mess with cider. especially in large quantities. makes you fight.
What quantities are we talking about here, because in my experience drinking enough cider to get you alcohol poisoning will sooner get you mere water poisoning
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
drink west country cider, not the weird piss you must have been drinking.

cider fucking kills you on the sly, it's fizzy and goes down much easier than beer but packs a way more belligerent punch.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6631|Your moms bedroom

FatherTed wrote:

trex1210 wrote:

Don't mix drinks.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

I don't know where people get this don't mix drinks idea from, it's the way forward if you want to get smashed.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
judging from the op, he wants to avoid getting smashed.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
yeah ciders lethal, so's this softer flavoured cider - things like kopparberg. you just dont realise you're getting trashed.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

I thought he wants to get smashed, just be able to do so with vodka.
Locoloki
ok, first off, try all local brewed beer, avoid IPA's until your ready to put hair on your chest
If you must drink bottled, try out sam adams, they are technically a "microbrew" but they are pretty mainstream and can be found everywhere. Try all other microbrews too, if you are at a store grab a six pack or maybe just a single bottle. Good beer comes in bottles, not cans. Maybe you arent ready for microbrews yet, you probably need a good year or so of "light" beer and Mexican piss water Coronas before you learn to appreciate the good stuff.

If you live near a brewery or have access to their brews.

Start with the signature beer usually the lightest colored ale, than go to the wheat ales, add an orange or lemon to your drink and work your way to browns. Finish off with a Porter, I like to call these, my dessert beer, cause they are my fucking crutch and I will drink them all day.
You might find something you like. I have found myself going to breweries and having a pint of everything on the menu. You can even request a sampler, they will give you a smaller glass with one of everything.

If you cant find a decent establishment, try guinness mixed with bass, its called a black and tan. I would recommend this to you first, but I would rather you experiment and than go straight for the good stuff.

Try all "seasonal brews" right now it is october. You should be able to find Halloween ale, Pumpkin flavored beer, Octoberfest, you also might be able to catch some leftover summer brews. You want to build up your tolerance for the winter seasonals because frankly, they will kick your ass and are around 6%. A real beer drinker avoids light beers unless they are playing beer games or is trying to stay sober. I like to smell my beers first, if they smell vinegary or are flat  or soury return them to the bar and request something else, the tap line is fouled or the keg is kicked.
ICCULUS
Free Sam, Ban Finray.
+418|5416|Athens, GA
lol at avoiding ipas
Locoloki

ph1shman420 wrote:

lol at avoiding ipas
they will get you right fucked quickly, and youll have a raging hangover the next day. I will drink them, just not in mass quantity and I wouldnt recommend them to someone who is just starting out with beer.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
Also don't do shots then, just get some Whiskey and just drink it normally, take it slow and it still works eventually. Mix it with coke and all that to make it go down better. Mixing Vodka with Fruit juice always makes it easier on the stomach. Basically, just don't ever do shots and just take it easy. Fuck the shots of Vodka and the Tequila and all that, I hate that too. It's always the shots that fucks people up, especially Vodka shots, because Vodka is like fucking petrol.

Just build yourself up again from scratch. Keep it to single JD & Coke and stuff like that for now

It's not like you're gonna have to stick to beer forever, it's just a phase you're going through

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard