Zoom!
GO GO GO!
+2|5384|Ireland
Here is where you discuss the newly released 1.5 patch for BF2.

Download here: http://www.fileplay.net/file/6020/battl … 50#mirrors

Last edited by Zoom! (2009-09-01 09:23:15)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6451
thanks
Ioan92
+337|5738
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6343|Australia
This is awesome.
People are actually playing the expansions now. I was able to fly the littlebird for the first time in ages without being 1/3 of a second behind my opponents.
And Blue Pearl rocks. It probably is equal to Iron Gator as the most awesome map for pump shotguns, however:
1) People will actually play this and
2) booth armies get pump actions.
Widescreen is a great addition too, and I haven't seen any shoddy there-is-no-texture-on-this-gun-cos-you-aren't-supposed-to-see-this-far-back problems either.
patch TBH, kudos to DICE/EA. <3
s0n.Goku
+3|5722|Croatia, Sisak
moving is smooth for a change
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6484
Better reg, new map, passable claymores, more people on AF/EF, and native widescreen suppot.

1.5 is a kickass patch, agree?

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2009-09-01 14:35:24)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6683

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

This is awesome.
People are actually playing the expansions now. I was able to fly the littlebird for the first time in ages without being 1/3 of a second behind my opponents.
And Blue Pearl rocks. It probably is equal to Iron Gator as the most awesome map for pump shotguns, however:
Widescreen is a great addition too, and I haven't seen any shoddy there-is-no-texture-on-this-gun-cos-you-aren't-supposed-to-see-this-far-back problems either.
So, how much widescreen can you get?  Matrox COD4 3-LCD goodness?
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6484
Loading times, particularly the verifying client data seem much shorter.

Like 2142 shorter.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6343|Australia

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Better reg, new map, passable claymores, more people on AF/EF, and native widescreen suppot.

1.5 is a kickass patch, agree?
Agree.

Ilocano wrote:

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

This is awesome.
So, how much widescreen can you get?  Matrox COD4 3-LCD goodness?
I'd love to see someone try it. The FOV changes, but the HUD is still stretched. So you'd be able too see all around you, but the minimap would be impossible to read.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6015|Aberdeen, Scotland

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Loading times, particularly the verifying client data seem much shorter.

Like 2142 shorter.
Awesome.

I want to play, dammit...shoddy UK internet, I've only got my d/l up to >150 in the past couple of hours, it was only around 50 earlier...gah.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6683

Hmmm... will this be legal now?

MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|6015|Aberdeen, Scotland
That's ace, but what's illegal about it? You get hassle from PB admins?
Chorcai
+49|6663|Ireland

Ilocano wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdtfinoelbs
Oh thats fuckin class.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6343

Ilocano wrote:

Would rather play on a projector.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6546

Ilocano wrote:

ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5374

Zoom! wrote:

I would download the patch from the website in your link, but I live in the United States. Which is very far from London and Amsterdam. Also, I do not want to wait Two hours in line until I can finally download. I downloaded this from a website linked to me on this forum, but windows could not open the file to install it. It said it was an "unknown file type." I don't pay money for anything online because I don't have a credit card, and wouldn't trust posting my personal information and credit card number online anyway. I want a free download, from a server within my own continent, which won't be at 10KBps.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6484

ISortGlass wrote:

Zoom! wrote:

I would download the patch from the website in your link, but I live in the United States. Which is very far from London and Amsterdam. Also, I do not want to wait Two hours in line until I can finally download. I downloaded this from a website linked to me on this forum, but windows could not open the file to install it. It said it was an "unknown file type." I don't pay money for anything online because I don't have a credit card, and wouldn't trust posting my personal information and credit card number online anyway. I want a free download, from a server within my own continent, which won't be at 10KBps.
http://fileshack.com/file.x/15116/Battl … 1.50+Patch

Even on the public server it's quite fast. Also US based and almost no wait times.
Overdose
+13|6130|Fort Worth, TX
Is anyone having problems with alt tabbing on bf2?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6328

Overdose wrote:

Is anyone having problems with alt tabbing on bf2?
Turn Anti Aliasing off.
Overdose
+13|6130|Fort Worth, TX
Then what will be the best way to get rid of the jagged edges in the display properties?
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6647|Finland

So I put on my helmet for the first time since last year to try it out:

- Got a BSOD when exiting the game (That happened in every version, so meh)
- "There's a problem with your connection" at the end of every round I played (on 4 different servers)
- The prone delay is bollocks (or I haven't just gotten used to it)
- "Optimising shaders" at game boot (twice) even if I did nothing to the vid settings.
+ Load times are quicker once the above doesn't happen
+/- Some, but not much improvement on hitreg
+ The MP7 is pretty kickass
+ Blue Pearl was fun, I didn't know I had the infantry skills left, but scored almost 100 points before exiting the server while the game was still on with a KDR of 24/17 (Pretty good for someone who hasn't touched the game since.. ..forever, IMO at least)
+ The TV-missile screen is much better with black crosshair. (Didn't hit shit though)
+ Game runs much smoother than before

All in all, good stuff. The Alt+Tab / Anti-Aliasing thing is fucked though.
I need around tree fiddy.
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5471
Jet reg is just ezmode. Once you get behind some1 hes dead, cause your bullets will hit even if hes going up lul... I bought both expansion packs and SF and have played.. Maybe total 2-3hrs them compared cause servers were just empty / there werent any... Only played midnight sun in 1.5 and it rocks, btw I like seeing newfags to AF/EF crasing with littlebirds/WZ's lol, mostly flying sideways into trees or hitting ground from descending too fast and pulling up too late... O btw the littlebird RULES! Just stay out of the way of the main attack choppers and AA and its all you need : )
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6343

Has anybody noticed SF is now kinda...dead? I saw very few servers populated. This makes me sad.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|6015|London ㋛

Played a little last night, reg seems much better, prone delay is....weird, won't take longer than a week to get used to, using 1400 x 900 res looks odd. Gonna get a proper sesh going on sunday, anyone up for some heli action?
m0v3m3nt
+15|6173

Ec0li wrote:

using 1400 x 900 res looks odd.
Isn't it just? Going to take a little getting used to.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard