Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5935

Uzique wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

That fucking Nazi bitch started World War 2.

World War 2

Thoughts?

Do you guys think it could have been avoided? Or a way it could have ended quicker?
WW2 was set in stone on Nov 11, 1918
the recognition of this fact by Lowing shows where brad's rudimentary understanding of WW2 falls flat on its arse.
How about instead of being a faggot you tell me YOUR version of WW2.

I was only telling you what MY FUCKING HISTORY TEACHER told me. If you don't like what I learned then blame it on the fucking Swiss school system not ME!

See Varegg is great, he greatly explained it and I learned some things.

Last edited by Bradt3hleader (2009-09-02 11:32:36)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Uzique wrote:

lowing wrote:

the recognition of this fact by Lowing shows where brad's rudimentary understanding of WW2 falls flat on its arse.
How about instead of being a faggot you tell me YOUR version of WW2.

I was only telling you what MY FUCKING HISTORY TEACHER told me. If you don't like what I learned then blame it on the fucking Swiss school system not ME!
lol rage

So you only believe what your swiss history teacher tells you and you don't actually go looking up and researching the information yourself?

Damn, if I did that with how stupid my fat cow US History teacher was this year, I'd be...well I'd be you now wouldn't I
Bradt3hleader
+121|5935
Dude, I said I did a lot of my researching. He's being a prick thinking I was raised USA > All, so I told him I was stating what my history teacher said.

I know my history Uzique.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
yah sure, you know your textbook-provided history...

you clearly don't know your history if you think any of the other powers in europe gave enough of a shit about germany during their military and industrial rearmament leading up to the outbreak of world war II. the first great war was an imperial land-grab opportunity for both alliances and the sanctions placed on germany through the treaty of versailles following that was just the political sharing of the victory-cake. your view of history and your naive suggestion about preventing world war II clearly doesn't show an understanding of the politics and mentality behind the european powers at the time. the only reason people valued or wanted peace was because it ensured continued prosperity for their own empire-building exercises. no power in europe at that time was going to step forward to seriously try and stop germany, because no power cared enough until their own empires and territories were under direct threat from hitler's fascist regime.

not everything your teacher tells you is the absolute or whole truth.

Last edited by Uzique (2009-09-02 11:40:27)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Bradt3hleader
+121|5935
See that was better wasn't it?

Thank you...

I don't know the mentality of that era that's for sure.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

@Uzi - Don't expect everyone to know everything. He specifically stated what his teacher told his class and that he also liked to research these issues for himself ... so he does infact use several sources gathering information.

Had you made the same excellent post on the previous page it all would have played out a tad differently, you are often to hasty in your conclusion of other peoples intellect before you cast your judgement.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone
Could have ended so differently if Hitler wasn't such an arrogant ignoramus with too much ego to actually delegate responsibility to generals who knew what they were doing.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
arrogance and audacity are good characteristics for any successful dictator.

i think his generals failed him in lacking spine and conviction in their own military experience.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone

lowing wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

World War 2

Thoughts?

Do you guys think it could have been avoided? Or a way it could have ended quicker?
No, not really. There would be no WW2 like we know it without Hitler so...
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone

Uzique wrote:

i think his generals failed him in lacking spine and conviction in their own military experience.
Great political leader, shit for brains General.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK

.Sup wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

World War 2

Thoughts?

If it wasn't Hitler, it would have been someone else.
.Sup
be nice

SEREVENT wrote:

.Sup wrote:

lowing wrote:

yes but

me wrote:

There would be no WW2 like we know it without Hitler so...
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York

DrunkFace wrote:

Could have ended so differently if Hitler wasn't such an arrogant ignoramus with too much ego to actually delegate responsibility to generals who knew what they were doing.
Worked both ways. Generals didn't trust him much either.

Not to mention his sleeping habits fucked shit up on D-Day.

Rundstedt's reasoning was sound, his action decisive, his orders clear. But the panzer divisions were not under his command. They were in OKW reserve. To save precious time, Rundstedt had first ordered them to move out, then requested OKW approval. OKW did not approve. At 0730 Jodi informed Rundstedt that the two divisions could not be committed until Hitler gave the order, and Hitler was still sleeping. Rundstedt had to countermand the move-out order. Hitler slept until noon.

The two panzer divisions spent the morning waiting. There was a heavy overcast; they could have moved out free from serious interference from Allied aircraft. It was 1600 when Hitler at last gave his approval. By then the clouds had broken up and Allied fighters and bombers ranged the skies over Normandy, smashing anything that moved. The panzers had to crawl into roadside woods and wait under cover for darkness before continuing their march to the sound of the guns.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6106|Birmingham, UK

.Sup wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

.Sup wrote:

yes but

me wrote:

Maybe it would have meant more deaths? Or The UK/US/Russia not winning?
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
Oh Jesus.

If Hitler was gone then Stalin would have invaded Germany, however this action would cause the rest of Europe to unite in Germany's defense. And without Hitler's anti-Jewish initiatives Einstein would have been able to work throughout the 30's and 40's to develop time manipulation technology that would enable the Allies to strike back at Stalin and win the war. However this would cause the defeated Soviet Union to covertly build up their military and technology, allowing them to invade the United States. However once again Allied determination and technology would prevail, and the Soviets defeated. With their nation crumbling, a small group of Soviet military commanders and scientists used their pwn secret time machine to travel back in time to eliminate Einstein. With Einstein and Hitler out of the picture, Stalin would have stalemated Germany however the Allies and Soviets would again re-enter an arms/tech race for a few years before the Soviets would strike first, and make it all the way to France. However with a large corporation of scientists carrying on the work of the now missing Einstein, many defected to the Japanese who were creating their pwn army, which would simultaneously strike at both the Western Allies and the Soviet Union

This has been discussed many times before and the previous paragraph is the generally accepted answer to the whole "what if no hitler?" debate.
Chorcai
+49|6646|Ireland

=JoD=Corithus wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

Uzique wrote:

... oh jesus christ.

talk to me about the great war / world war II when your understanding doesn't come from 'history simplified for dumbies'.

... i suppose you're glad you yankee-doodles came in on your magic-wings to save europe and do all the work as well, right?
Fuck I hate it when americans claim they won the war single handedly...
Between the US, UK, an USSR, no two of those nations could have pulled it off alone.  It was a combined effort, no one nation deserves credit for ending the war.
Just like to add to your comment, full list of countries:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allies_of_World_War_II
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6557

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Oh Jesus.

If Hitler was gone then Stalin would have invaded Germany, however this action would cause the rest of Europe to unite in Germany's defense. And without Hitler's anti-Jewish initiatives Einstein would have been able to work throughout the 30's and 40's to develop time manipulation technology that would enable the Allies to strike back at Stalin and win the war. However this would cause the defeated Soviet Union to covertly build up their military and technology, allowing them to invade the United States. However once again Allied determination and technology would prevail, and the Soviets defeated. With their nation crumbling, a small group of Soviet military commanders and scientists used their pwn secret time machine to travel back in time to eliminate Einstein. With Einstein and Hitler out of the picture, Stalin would have stalemated Germany however the Allies and Soviets would again re-enter an arms/tech race for a few years before the Soviets would strike first, and make it all the way to France. However with a large corporation of scientists carrying on the work of the now missing Einstein, many defected to the Japanese who were creating their pwn army, which would simultaneously strike at both the Western Allies and the Soviet Union

This has been discussed many times before and the previous paragraph is the generally accepted answer to the whole "what if no hitler?" debate.
Lol, it's also widely accepted as a brief summation of the secondary Command & Conquer timeline.  Still awesome though.
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6233|S.A. Australia

=JoD=Corithus wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Oh Jesus.

Lol, it's also widely accepted as a brief summation of the secondary Command & Conquer timeline.  Still awesome though.
Way to ruin the illusion :p
Serious Flex
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6808|Nårvei

DrunkFace wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Great political leader, shit for brains General.
Actually he wasn't that great a political leader either, he seldom gave orders ... infact very few political and millitary guidelines came from the top and down into the system ... Hitler was a great organizer and speaker and that's about it ...

His Fürer befehl is often mistaken for clear orders that were blindly followed, they were guidelines that other people right down to private level interpreted themselves and hoped it was to the Fürers liking ... if their decission had a good outcome it was ...

The Nazis governed their Reich with a chaos-like style that is unmatched in history both before and after ... closest participant of the top of my head is Mugabe.

Hitler as a millitary leader had a lot of luck, he was bold but bold is often mistaken for stupidity ... he had a set of generals that could have won him the war, their tactics and strategic choices won him great victories in western Europe ... when Hitler started to take direct control as army general on the western front things started to get really bad ... before that Stalingrad was practically surrounded, Armygroup Center was 2 km from Moscow and was close to cutting the supply line towards Stalingrad, Leningrad was surrounded ... and then Hitler and the Russian winter made it all come to a halt.

At the worst possible time Hitler chose not to trust the generals and was at one point acting as Company leader, Battalion leader, Division leader, Army cheif, Army group leader and head of state --- at the same time Stalin did the exact opposite and started trusting his generals after having made the same mistake just months earlier.
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
.Sup
be nice

SEREVENT wrote:

.Sup wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

yes but

me wrote:

Maybe but I think the war would be milder, towards Jews especially. Different for sure.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5998|Aberdeen, Scotland

.Sup wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

.Sup wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

yes but
Maybe but I think the war would be milder, towards Jews especially. Different for sure.
Remember the cold war?
There were those in the Western Allies who were of the opinion we should have pushed through to Russia after reaching Berlin, as they knew Stalin was essentially no better than Hitler; it was also obvious that the USSR weren't going to give up the territory gained in fighting back the Germans, especially Eastern Germany and Poland. If you think fighting the Russians would have been a 'mild war', you're misguided.

This didn't happen, as the war had already been long and brutal enough, and there was still the issue of Japan, which drew it out for several more bloody months...if we'd had to fight the Russians too, it's probable nukes would have been used closer to home.
.Sup
be nice

MrAnderson wrote:

.Sup wrote:

SEREVENT wrote:

Remember the cold war?
There were those in the Western Allies who were of the opinion we should have pushed through to Russia after reaching Berlin, as they knew Stalin was essentially no better than Hitler; it was also obvious that the USSR weren't going to give up the territory gained in fighting back the Germans, especially Eastern Germany and Poland. If you think fighting the Russians would have been a 'mild war', you're misguided.

This didn't happen, as the war had already been long and brutal enough, and there was still the issue of Japan, which drew it out for several more bloody months...if we'd had to fight the Russians too, it's probable nukes would have been used closer to home.
So the Ruskies hated Jews just as much as Hitler did? Doesn't make much sense as I recall Russian population consisted of quite a few Jewish people.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

.Sup wrote:

MrAnderson wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Remember the cold war?

So the Ruskies hated Jews just as much as Hitler did? Doesn't make much sense as I recall Russian population consisted of quite a few Jewish people.
Read what he actually wrote, and read what you stated to begin with.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
.Sup
be nice

FartherTed wrote:

.Sup wrote:

MrAnderson wrote:

Remember the cold war?

Read what he actually wrote, and read what you stated to begin with.
I have. Enlighten me.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5998|Aberdeen, Scotland
You mentioned fighting the Soviets would be a 'milder war'. I wasn't talking about Jews, I was talking about war with the USSR...but Stalin was just as bad for persecuting his own people.

Maybe the Jews would have gotten off lighter, I don't know...that's not entirely relevant. What I do know is that he had millions of his own people deported, imprisoned or executed based upon their race, heritage or politics, just as brutally as the Nazis treated their scapegoats.

Last edited by MrAnderson (2009-09-03 18:57:45)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard