Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5906
That fucking Nazi bitch started World War 2.

World War 2

Thoughts?

Do you guys think it could have been avoided? Or a way it could have ended quicker?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

since this is in EE and not DAST, imma say  - No. it was inevitable. the start date may have changed. the end date could have changed.
although, not by much as the European theatre ended before the bomb was ready to drop. . .
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

What was wrong with posting yesterday, out of interest?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
one bullet started the conflict in 1914 and one bullet drew it to a close in 1945.

quite a tidy and neat operation if you ask me.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6644|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
(its EE)

Im glad its over and it happened because of all the great PC/Console games that are out to do with it.  Im not getting serious on it as its far to easy to cause offence on the subject.

Dont belong in this section imo.
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6078|Birmingham, UK

ghettoperson wrote:

tbh

Also, i don't know too much about Europe around that time, but if Hitler didn't come to power, another guy in another country would have. Maybe the dates would be different, but it would have happened.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Yeah if you put it that way one punch to the face started it back in the stone age and it hasn't finished yet
Bradt3hleader
+121|5906

ghettoperson wrote:

Me forgetting...

I think it could have been avoided if the other countries did something. Nobody builds up a huge massive army better than everybody else's for no reason.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

Mekstizzle wrote:

Yeah if you put it that way one punch to the face started it back in the stone age and it hasn't finished yet
"causation"

get some.

brad your understanding of ww2 history sounds pretty awful.

Last edited by Uzique (2009-09-02 08:18:25)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Bradt3hleader
+121|5906
Really, why?
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
i didn't like it
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
you think it could have been avoided if the other countries did something... ?

the other countries were all too busy building their own empires during and after the great war. get as much as you can, go go go!

the polarized view that germany = evilll and the rest of the freedom-fighting world = saviors that should "do something" is pretty naive.
Bradt3hleader
+121|5906
Well in the Treaty of Versailles, Germany was faced to pay for and rebuild all the damage done to the other nations. Germany was humiliated, and the hatred for other Europeen countries grew for Germany. (According to my history teacher, but tbh, I like to  do my own research)

The other countries didn't want a war again, they were busy building up their countries not their armies, and they should have fucking seen it coming with all the stuff Hitler was making when they weren't touching their army.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
... oh jesus christ.

talk to me about the great war / world war II when your understanding doesn't come from 'history simplified for dumbies'.

... i suppose you're glad you yankee-doodles came in on your magic-wings to save europe and do all the work as well, right?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Bradt3hleader wrote:

World War 2

Thoughts?

Do you guys think it could have been avoided? Or a way it could have ended quicker?
WW2 was set in stone on Nov 11, 1918
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5932|Places 'n such

Uzique wrote:

... oh jesus christ.

talk to me about the great war / world war II when your understanding doesn't come from 'history simplified for dumbies'.

... i suppose you're glad you yankee-doodles came in on your magic-wings to save europe and do all the work as well, right?
Fuck I hate it when americans claim they won the war single handedly...
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

lowing wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

World War 2

Thoughts?

the recognition of this fact by Lowing shows where brad's rudimentary understanding of WW2 falls flat on its arse.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|NÃ¥rvei

This is too complex to answer with a few sentences but I can make a feeble attempt ...

1.WW2 was in many ways a result of the way WW1 ended - Partially true but not quite, when Germany capitulated it came as a big surprise to both it's citizens and it's soldiers and they never came to term with "loosing" the conflict, the German populace suffered greatly both from the declared loss and the aftermath of a ruined conflict.

2.One popular statement is: Why wasn't Hitler stopped before the war? - Actually most people both inside and outside of Germany thought at the time that most of claims were valid claims, the merger of Austria and Germany was welcomed by the Austrian people that really struggled finding their own identity after Austria-Hungary was divided after WW1. Germany lost a huge chunk of land both to Poland, France and the former republic of Tjekkoslovakia that many French and British politicians thought was rightful to reclaim at the time.

3.Could it have been avoided? and could it have been a shorter war? - I believe it couldn't, it came to be under very special circumstances and if it wasn't Hitler it would prolly have been another ... Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill was very specific that the war had to end the way it did, the surprise of the ending of WW1 was not to be repeated, Germany had to loose and by a clear margin to prevent WW3 to spark off some odd years later.

I recommend this book for in-dept knowledge of the Nazis, how they came to be and how they steered Germany into the abyss.
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HfJ6FZ4pL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5932|Places 'n such

lowing wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

World War 2

Thoughts?

Hell no...WWII was set in stone a hell of a lot earlier than that, if you look at all of the economic and social problems in germany as far back as the 19th century you can start to see the problems that caused both world wars forming.
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6528

presidentsheep wrote:

Uzique wrote:

... oh jesus christ.

Between the US, UK, an USSR, no two of those nations could have pulled it off alone.  It was a combined effort, no one nation deserves credit for ending the war.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5932|Places 'n such

=JoD=Corithus wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

Uzique wrote:

... oh jesus christ.

Between the US, UK, an USSR, no two of those nations could have pulled it off alone.  It was a combined effort, no one nation deserves credit for ending the war.
I think that eventually the efforts of the UK and USSR would have won the war, it would have just taken a lot more time and lives.
This is why the americans role in WWII was vital, it saved recources time and lives. They didnt swoop in and completely turn the tide of the war.
=JoD=Corithus
+30|6528

presidentsheep wrote:

=JoD=Corithus wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

I think that eventually the efforts of the UK and USSR would have won the war, it would have just taken a lot more time and lives.
This is why the americans role in WWII was vital, it saved recources time and lives. They didnt swoop in and completely turn the tide of the war.
I'd have to disagree, the British and Soviets fought like hell, but without the lend lease program and endless convoys of supplies from the US, I don't believe they could of held out indefinatly, folks seem to forget that at the end of the war, the Soviets were using almost as many American and British manufactured vehicles and tanks as they were home made variants.  Without Britian, D-Day never would of happened, as it would've had no setting off point, without the Soviets, the full brunt of the German war machine would have overwhelmed North Africa and eventually, England.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

Welcome to EE, lowing.

*EDIT; oh shi- this got moved . . . well then, "hi, lowing!"

Varegg, i clicked on the linky, several times. it said "look inside", so now i'll be ignorant because my internetz failed me.

Uzique wrote:

you mean, we didn't? not according to John Wayne, may peace be upon him.

Last edited by burnzz (2009-09-02 09:46:20)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

..and we've called every US President Hitler ever since.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard