venom6
Since day One.
+247|6558|Hungary
Will we get the EU Ribbon finally?
Will we get the missing awards?
Will we get the Expert Armor badge time reduced?

https://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n278/venom6/missingawards-1.png
What about these awards??? Would be a 10 min work to add them!

Last edited by venom6 (2009-08-28 17:39:18)

Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6327|Australia

venom6 wrote:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n278 … ards-1.png
1) No - The ribbons are awarded for playing in a theater, not as an army. There would have to be an invasion of Europe for there to be a European theater. This is the same reason the NA service ribbon is only available through AF.
2) I seriously doubt it - The laser designator and SF jets were removed from the game. The LCAC was removed too, so I'd imagine the boat related awards would be nigh impossible to get in a RIB. As for the NV badges and SF kit medals.....I'd imagine it's a bit late to add them in, though it would be nice.
3) I doubt that too.
Ec0li
Vagina face
+167|5999|London ㋛

Venom = hard to please

You just got a patch for a 4 year old game and 2 boosters free. Stop whinging and sit down.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

Servers had damn well be throwing in AF and EF maps in their rotation now. Maybe I'll finally get the coveted Euro Force Medal.

Though methinks the few weeks after the initial excitement has died down, things will go back to the way they are now.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6558|Hungary

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

venom6 wrote:

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n278 … ards-1.png
1) No - The ribbons are awarded for playing in a theater, not as an army. There would have to be an invasion of Europe for there to be a European theater. This is the same reason the NA service ribbon is only available through AF.
2) I seriously doubt it - The laser designator and SF jets were removed from the game. The LCAC was removed too, so I'd imagine the boat related awards would be nigh impossible to get in a RIB. As for the NV badges and SF kit medals.....I'd imagine it's a bit late to add them in, though it would be nice.
3) I doubt that too.
The MEC,PLA,AF ribbons are awarded if you play on the maps they are listing. Same would happen to EF as you should play on the 3 EF maps to earn that ribbon. It would be something new for the players who will play EF the first time as the boosters are free now!

Its true that they removed a lot of stuff, but the SF combat medals and the NV badge would be something they should add! We have 3 night maps where you use it. There are still people who buy the complete collection now as its cheaper then 4 years ago!
Mexanick
+3|6453|Russia
It would be good if they give some medals/ribbons to those who've bought booster packs earlier. Just because they weren't so popular when they cost money Also I've heard that 2142 1.51 patch will go soon after BF2 update, any info?
BVC
+325|6695
I never blackwhored when splash damage was huge.

I plan to make up for lost time.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6568|Mountains of NC

sounds nice ........ I never bought euro force
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51
- Added Battlefield 2142 style prone deviation (going prone will now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period)
Utter failure IMO.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

RDMC wrote:

- Added Battlefield 2142 style prone deviation (going prone will now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period)
Utter failure IMO.
Utter win IMO.
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6191|Roma

Pubic wrote:

This.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
thepilot91
+64|6236|Åland!

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Pubic wrote:

This.
u not gunna steal my pwnagecow!
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5455
TKing for UH60 inc.
Longbow
+163|6646|Odessa, Ukraine

FloppY_ wrote:

RDMC wrote:

Utter failure IMO.
Utter win IMO.
Indeed. 2142 has almost no pronespammers as pronespamming is ineffective.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6435
and thats why its the best and most popular battlefield game to date. just look at all those shiny new threads in the 2142 section
thepilot91
+64|6236|Åland!

Fat_Swinub wrote:

and thats why its the best and most popular battlefield game to date. just look at all those shiny new threads in the 2142 section
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5764|Belgium
Lame, I can't get my BF2 to work, quits after splash screen..
Longbow
+163|6646|Odessa, Ukraine

Fat_Swinub wrote:

It's not, but not because gameplay suck, but because of wrong attempt to switch battlefield franchise to future thematics, while Battlefield fans prefer XX century and modern warfare. Speaking of gameplay and balance, 2142 is way more superior than BF2, but as I already stated, I also prefer AK or M16 (generiс comparison) over some futuristic crap.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6445|The Land of Scott Walker
This will bring me back to BF2 from COD5.
Lai
+186|6151

Longbow wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

It's not, but not because gameplay suck, but because of wrong attempt to switch battlefield franchise to future thematics, while Battlefield fans prefer XX century and modern warfare. Speaking of gameplay and balance, 2142 is way more superior than BF2, but as I already stated, I also prefer AK or M16 (generiс comparison) over some futuristic crap.
Hmmm,.. I think also 2142 in some vital aspects was a step back from BF2. For starters it lacked a third faction, which makes the game less "deep". BF2 even had a 4th faction added with EF and several other with SF. Other small steps back include, but are not limited to, 22th century APC's spontaneously combusting when in 10 centimeters of water and much less visually varried maps.

The one real innovative aspect of 2142 was Titan Mode, but that was already nerfed to death in 1.12. I've played the (unnerfed) demo and the most intense larger frame strategical started when both Titans had their shields down. Titans were seldom effectively used by commanders, if moved at all, but when one of the shields was down they would often play cat and mouse and when both the shields were down Titans would broadside with droppods. After the patch Titans could no longer move without shields, because it caused too much unresolvable lag. IMO that is really poor game design. Also nerfing the droppods didn't help either.
thepilot91
+64|6236|Åland!

Lai wrote:

Longbow wrote:

Fat_Swinub wrote:

Hmmm,.. I think also 2142 in some vital aspects was a step back from BF2. For starters it lacked a third faction, which makes the game less "deep". BF2 even had a 4th faction added with EF and several other with SF. Other small steps back include, but are not limited to, 22th century APC's spontaneously combusting when in 10 centimeters of water and much less visually varried maps.

The one real innovative aspect of 2142 was Titan Mode, but that was already nerfed to death in 1.12. I've played the (unnerfed) demo and the most intense larger frame strategical started when both Titans had their shields down. Titans were seldom effectively used by commanders, if moved at all, but when one of the shields was down they would often play cat and mouse and when both the shields were down Titans would broadside with droppods. After the patch Titans could no longer move without shields, because it caused too much unresolvable lag. IMO that is really poor game design. Also nerfing the droppods didn't help either.
so true
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria
The sole reason why BF2142 sucks, is because there are no lasers weapons in the game.
Also, in the future there are supposed to be aliens.
And aliens shot with lasers.
First.

Last edited by globefish23 (2009-08-30 15:40:07)

N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5931|Somewhere out in Space

thepilot91 wrote:

Lai wrote:

Longbow wrote:

so true
I miss podrolling gunships...

But that was when i launched from my titan and hit them on the other side of the map.
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6435
in the future....there are no players to hear you scream
TuataraDude
+115|6522|Aotearoa
Will there be a different patch for those who already have AF and EF? I hate to think I was spending all that time downloading something that mostly includes stuff I have already.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard